Jets Sign Feely

jetsrule128

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trade Ainge/Clemens/Ratliff to open up the roster space AND bank a draft pick

Its cute you have a football opinion although it is a lousy one. QB is the hardest position in the NFL to come by and you don't trade an undeveloped guy for a low round pick if he has potential to be a good player and all 3 backups have potential. Favre might be one and done and then next year you won't have to worry about carrying 4

Jay Feely rules.

Jay Feely is a Michigan man. Our problem was that we had a Suckeye as our Kicker. Can never count on those Suckeyes (aside from Nick Mangold), can you? Go Blue! Go Feely!

Who was the kicker who got the FG blocked against App state last year?

Leave it to Cimini to make something negative

Jay Feely: 2/2 inside 20, 54/58 20-29, 71/80 30-39 = 127/140 = 90.7% NOT 80.8. He's 80.8% OVERALL including 40+ which is not what he implies above..

Adam Vinatieri = 8/8 inside 20, 120/125 20-29, 98/117 30-39 = 226/250 = 90.4%

Now 40-49, Feely is 43/62 = 69.4%. Vinatieri = 79/111 = 71.2%.

50+, Feely = 7/17 = 41.2%. Vinatieri = 8/19 = 42.1%

Not much difference, is there?

SO let's compare to Nugent then:

Nugent is 2/2 inside 20, 26/27 inside 30, 27/32 inside 40 = 90.1% inside 40.

He's 17/22 40-49 or 77.2%, and he's 3/9 or 33.3% for 50+.

So <= 40

Feely: 90.7%

Vinatieri: 90.4%

Nugent: 90.1%

40+

Feely: 63.3%

Vinatieri : 66.9%

Nugent: 64.5%

So, is the difference REALLY THAT BAD!?

It's all handjobs and roses right now, but, Feeley can't kick a kickoff past the 15 or 20 yard line. He will never kick a touchback or a field goal over 50 yards. He will give up field position on kick offs and will miss the game winning field goal from 48 yards. Feeley is the "Chad Pennington" of the kicking game. He's crazy accurate close in but can't hit the deep ball. He also likes to run his mouth. Oh, and he's not 100% healthy. There's a reason he was cut from 2 of the worst teams in the league. Hell, Hermie cut him after 20 hours!

It's all handjobs and roses right now, but, Feeley can't kick a kickoff past the 15 or 20 yard line. He will never kick a touchback or a field goal over 50 yards. He will give up field position on kick offs and will miss the game winning field goal from 48 yards. Feeley is the "Chad Pennington" of the kicking game. He's crazy accurate close in but can't hit the deep ball. He also likes to run his mouth. Oh, and he's not 100% healthy. There's a reason he was cut from 2 of the worst teams in the league. Hell, Hermie cut him after 20 hours!

He was never signed with KC. They had a kickoff, and he came in 2nd. The winner hit all his FGs... every single one.

Hell, I'll be happy to have a kicker who can hit an extra point. If the lack of a quality kicker (not exactly a new phenomenon for the Jets) leads them to go for it more on fourth down, then sign me up!

As for KO's, I'm sure Westoff's already working on his directional game. And if he's kicking off a lot, I'd have to think the Jets are probably having a pretty good day overall.

Since when did Herm Edwards make good decisions?

Leave it to Cimini to make something negative

Jay Feely: 2/2 inside 20, 54/58 20-29, 71/80 30-39 = 127/140 = 90.7% NOT 80.8. He's 80.8% OVERALL including 40+ which is not what he implies above..

Adam Vinatieri = 8/8 inside 20, 120/125 20-29, 98/117 30-39 = 226/250 = 90.4%

Now 40-49, Feely is 43/62 = 69.4%. Vinatieri = 79/111 = 71.2%.

50+, Feely = 7/17 = 41.2%. Vinatieri = 8/19 = 42.1%

Not much difference, is there?

SO let's compare to Nugent then:

Nugent is 2/2 inside 20, 26/27 inside 30, 27/32 inside 40 = 90.1% inside 40.

He's 17/22 40-49 or 77.2%, and he's 3/9 or 33.3% for 50+.

So <= 40

Feely: 90.7%

Vinatieri: 90.4%

Nugent: 90.1%

40+

Feely: 63.3%

Vinatieri : 66.9%

Nugent: 64.5%

So, is the difference REALLY THAT BAD!?

And since no one cares what someone did 4+ years ago (even if that was when he was most accurate), now compare them for the past 3 years 2005-2007. I think Feely is actually the most accurate of the three.

**edit***

Past 3 years: Feely

< 40 yards = 54/58 = 93%

40-49 = 21/27 = 78%

50+ = 4/7 = 57%

40+ cumulative = 25/34 = 74%

As Crashing Jet pointed out, his down fall is he can't get the ball near the end zone, and has a big mouth.

He is the best kicker available, and hopefully he will suffice until Nugent is healed

I seriously hope he'll be our kicker for the remainder of the season.

At some point in the last two weeks, Feeley walked into Herms' office and was told "thanks but no thanks", because his deficencies far outweighed his positives.

You're using clueless Herm as an example of evaluating talent - LMAO!! Herm would cut Peyton Manning if he somehow fell in his lap. BTW - why is Feely not 100%. As far as not reaching the end zone on KO's, we already have that in Nugent.

unless we ir nuge

we are going to have to cut someone from the active roster (most likely cumminngs or henrey)

then we put them on the practice squad (so then we have to cut raymond renkart or brackins)

so either way we are losing a player

We can always re-sign a PS player that is cut, once the Kicker situation is settled. I wouldn't lose any sleep over not having Raymond, Renkart, or Brackins available for a few weeks. I also doubt any of these guys would be signed by another team once cut.

You're using clueless Herm as an example of evaluating talent - LMAO!! Herm would cut Peyton Manning if he somehow fell in his lap. BTW - why is Feely not 100%. As far as not reaching the end zone on KO's, we already have that in Nugent.

exactly billo-remember last summer on Hard Knocks when Herm was confident that that rookie PK was going to be alright even after choking in the PS games? Well that kid was gone by week two and has never been seen or heard from again

exactly billo-remember last summer on Hard Knocks when Herm was confident that that rookie PK was going to be alright even after choking in the PS games? Well that kid was gone by week two and has never been seen or heard from again

I didn't see that, but it's not surprising. Just one of many examples why this guy is a complete clown.

The Feely signing means we have a better kicker. I could careless who we cut, I just hope it's Mike Nugent.

This is the best news of the day!!

And to all three of these idiotic posts you added;

" Finally, a kicker who can make 20 Yard FG's"

Are you nuts? In Nugent's 3 years as a Jet, he's 55 for 60 in the 0 to 40 yard range - That's a 91.6% completion rating.

In the range of 0 to 50+ yards, he's 72 for 82 attempts, or 88% completions.

He has never missed a 20 yard field goal, and has only missed one under 30 yards.

Sorry Ghost but Nugent is a better kicker then Feeley. If you were unhappy with Nugent because of his weak leg, you are going to Hate Feeley. He has a hard time getting the ball inside the 20.

His % is fine, and I am glad he was still available, but Nuge is a better all around kicker

His injury in training camp was never fully disclosed, but, I think I remember him having a problem with his hamstring. It started during our mini camps in May. Our front office is like yours, being that they don't like to fully disclose all injuries, evidenced by our injury report for week 1, it was empty :confused:

I assumed that when he was cut by K.C., that his injury was part of the reason, I don't know the truth though.

And to all three of these idiotic posts you added;

" Finally, a kicker who can make 20 Yard FG's"

Are you nuts? In Nugent's 3 years as a Jet, he's 55 for 60 in the 0 to 40 yard range - That's a 91.6% completion rating.

In the range of 0 to 50+ yards, he's 72 for 82 attempts, or 88% completions.

He has never missed a 20 yard field goal, and has only missed one under 30 yards.

1st of all, I was being a little sarcastic. You might want to look up that term.

Nugent blows, he showed it in the pre-season and he showed it in Week 1. Mike Nugent could of lost us the game, and you still want this scurb on our team?

He's a nobody, he blows!

Sorry Ghost but Nugent is a better kicker then Feeley. If you were unhappy with Nugent because of his weak leg, you are going to Hate Feeley. He has a hard time getting the ball inside the 20.

His % is fine, and I am glad he was still available, but Nuge is a better all around kicker

Nugent is a better kicker on kickoffs but I'll take Feely and day of the week over Nugent.

I think Nugent is one of the worst kickers in the league.

Nugent is a better kicker on kickoffs but I'll take Feely and day of the week over Nugent.

I think Nugent is one of the worst kickers in the league.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this.

I just don't see what you are basing it on. Inside the 50 Nugent has been very solid. you really can't blame the missed kick last week on him, C'mon he was hurt.

I don't think the Jets should have drafted him in the second, but as it turned out, they got the guy I wanted anyhow. Miller. Who has been a lot more aggravating to me then Nugent.

Archived