Jets Sign Feely

jetsrule128

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets, concerned that injured PK Mike Nugent will miss at least one game, have agreed to a contract with veteran kicker Jay Feely, an NFL source told the Daily News.

Feeley, 32, who played for the Giants in 2005 and 2006, was among three kickers invited to audition today for the Jets. The others were Dave Rayner and Aaron Elling.

Feely

The Jets, concerned that injured PK Mike Nugent will miss at least one game, have agreed to a contract with veteran kicker Jay Feely, an NFL source told the Daily News.

Feeley, 32, who played for the Giants in 2005 and 2006, was among three kickers invited to audition today for the Jets. The others were Dave Rayner and Aaron Elling.

Feely

Trade Ainge/Clemens/Ratliff to open up the roster space AND bank a draft pick

The tricky part is they probably could have, if Brady was OK, cut Ainge, and put him on the PS. However, with the Pats having an open roster spot, they'd suck him up in a heartbeat just for the gameplan.

I wonder how serious this is with Nugent.. IR?

That wouldn't make sense because we were at 53 players so Collins would've made it 54 and Feely 55.

Dudes, it's a joke. Manny Collins gets cut every couple of weeks.

I think with all the QBs going down they will try to move Cummings to the practice squad. Moving Ainge would be pretty risky. Another likely possibility is Henry.

doesn't IR mean done for the year ?

I don't think the NFL would like the JETS putting a guy on IR with a muscle injury

look at the inactives list for cut candidates

WR Marcus Henry, LB Kenwin Cummings, OL Robert Turner, DL Kareem Brown.

JETS need to develope a TE or an Olineman that contributes for long snaps and make Dearth expendible. Or even a LB. I cant believe nobody else on this team can snap the ball and jets have to keep Dearth just for long snaps

yeah, but have you seen his long snaps? they're incredible.

Archived