Favre: "Must win" this week

4HCrew

they talked about this on NFL live, around the horn and PTI

the general concensus is that this is not actually a must win game with 4 winnable ones coming up on the sched, but they like Favre's leadership, and that he is putting out a sense of urgency to his teammates

No Week 3 game when your team is 1-1 is a must win game, but this will make it interesting for sure. Lets see if they come out throwing against San Diego's 31st ranked pass defense. They better.

Ditto that bro! I'd love to see Favre light it up like I envisioned when we signed him!!

I think the bigger test is LETS see how good our defense is and if we really do have 2 shut down corners with revis and D LOW. even though S.D. is 0-2 they put up nice numbers on offense. I think JETS will shut them down to like 17 points . LETS GO JETS.

Let's see how our D plays on the road. I don't think they were bad last week. It was more a product of field position and a key penalty or two. Good teams play defense on the road If we can hold the score down we have a shot. Hopefully Westhoff is running the STs this week..

Favre would rather be a Patriot right now. :P

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebook?page=sundaycountdown08&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab8pos3

Favre airs it out: In a wide-ranging interview with Brett Favre, the Jets quarterback made what seemed a shocking admission. Not that Eric Mangini and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer demonstrated a lack of confidence in the NFL's most accomplished statistical quarterback by forcing Favre to hand off on three consecutive goal-line plays in a loss to the Tom Brady-less Patriots last week. He insists he has no hard feelings about that, although he maintains absolute confidence that he would have added to his league-record total of touchdown passes had he been given the chance.

No, Favre actually allowed for the possibility that one of his former Green Bay receivers was correct in saying his belief that current Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers can throw the football with greater velocity than Favre can. "That might be true now," Favre told me. "Heck, I'm almost 40 years old. But I will tell you this: I could throw it harder than him when I was his age. And what does it matter? If you're throwing the ball 70 yards down the field, it's usually a Hail Mary, and that's not usually what you want to be doing."

On another subject, Favre admitted that he realized after Tom Brady's season-ending knee injury that had he followed NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's advice and remained patient instead of forcing the Packers into a preseason trade, he could have been signed to replace Brady and throw touchdown passes to Randy Moss. But Favre told me that one of the reasons he chose not to pursue that option was that there were teams the Packers would not trade him to under any circumstances -- such as the Minnesota Vikings -- and he did not trust that the Green Bay front office would send him to other contending teams that might lose their starting quarterback to injury such as the Patriots.

-- Ed Werder

No Week 3 game when your team is 1-1 is a must win game, but this will make it interesting for sure. Lets see if they come out throwing against San Diego's 31st ranked pass defense. They better.

unfortunately i have a feeling the jets gameplan will be to pound the ball into the middle of the line for 3.5 yds a pop.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebook?page=sundaycountdown08&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab8pos3

Favre airs it out: In a wide-ranging interview with Brett Favre, the Jets quarterback made what seemed a shocking admission. Not that Eric Mangini and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer demonstrated a lack of confidence in the NFL's most accomplished statistical quarterback by forcing Favre to hand off on three consecutive goal-line plays in a loss to the Tom Brady-less Patriots last week. He insists he has no hard feelings about that, although he maintains absolute confidence that he would have added to his league-record total of touchdown passes had he been given the chance.

No, Favre actually allowed for the possibility that one of his former Green Bay receivers was correct in saying his belief that current Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers can throw the football with greater velocity than Favre can. "That might be true now," Favre told me. "Heck, I'm almost 40 years old. But I will tell you this: I could throw it harder than him when I was his age. And what does it matter? If you're throwing the ball 70 yards down the field, it's usually a Hail Mary, and that's not usually what you want to be doing."

On another subject, Favre admitted that he realized after Tom Brady's season-ending knee injury that had he followed NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's advice and remained patient instead of forcing the Packers into a preseason trade, he could have been signed to replace Brady and throw touchdown passes to Randy Moss. But Favre told me that one of the reasons he chose not to pursue that option was that there were teams the Packers would not trade him to under any circumstances -- such as the Minnesota Vikings -- and he did not trust that the Green Bay front office would send him to other contending teams that might lose their starting quarterback to injury such as the Patriots.

-- Ed Werder

TOM BRADY IS NO FARB.....BUT I AM SO THANKFULLY HE SIGNED WITH THE JETS AND NOT THE PATS. THE PATS WOULD CERTAINLY GO 19-0 THIS YEAR WITH FARB.

BANK IT.

So Goodell's advice to Favre was to wait and then immediately step in during the regular season. Meanwhile, Jets fans and the Jet coaches are making excuses that Favre doesn't know the playbook, and that's why we're super conservative and can not score any points.

I guess the rest of the NFL must have really simple playbooks. It can't possible be that our coaches stink.

TOM BRADY IS NO FARB.....BUT I AM SO THANKFULLY HE SIGNED WITH THE JETS AND NOT THE PATS. THE PATS WOULD CERTAINLY GO 19-0 THIS YEAR WITH FARB.

BANK IT.

First off, Brady is better than Favre, hands down...and second, who the ***** is Farb?

-- Ed Werder

Nice spin you put on his words there Bill. What's up next on the no spin zone mr o'rielly you gonna have a legal expert on and then yell at her when she says the law and you don't agree with it?

They need to throw away Paul Hacketts play book!

I could not agree with you more... They need to be a little more agressive on offense. Throw the ball more, that's what Farve is here for. If we needed a QB to just manage the game we could have kept Chad and saved the money.

Archived