If no playoffs this year do we say No thanks Brett and draft a stud QB?

SouthernJet

Tough call.

Let Ratliff get some playing time later this season OR draft a QB and see if Favre will stick around next year and coach him.

If the Jets do crappy, say 6-10 or 7-9 I doubt Brett would return.

I also don't want to be thrown into a situation where we end up 10-6 just missing the playoffs and we are stuck with they 20th pick in round 1 and brett decides to bolt.

I for one do not feel like watching a young kid grow and have 2-3 more years of losing. In addition I think the big time college prospects come out in 2 years. Also lets not forget the Jets are moving into a new stadium they need to have someone to market. I predict Brady Quinn

Who are the top players coming in from college?

Tebow? IMO not suited to the NFL but hype will lead to him being a high pick.

Stafford? I think he's overrated and inconsistent, not a fan.

Bradford? From what I've seen of him I like a lot. Haven't seen enough of him though.

Daniel? Like Tebow, don't think he suited to a pro style offense.

People seriously need to lay off of the Ratliff love. I was excited about what he showed in preseason but he's still done absolutely nothing to show he'll be a franchise QB.

Thank you for the sane post.....

Not saying what could be,,,but what in Gods name says he is a bonafide top 15 QB...

I want a ProBowl QB for next 10 years,,either free agent it or draft it,,but I am not waiting 3 years for a youngun to make it,,if a Matt Ryan is out there (who i wanted last year ya'al lrecall) then draft him now

With all of the money spent on a veteran team the Jets will go out and get another proven qb..I cannot see them putting it all in the hands of a rookie. I can see a McNabb, Quinn hell maybe even Carson Palmer if he wants to get out of dodge

Tough call.

Let Ratliff get some playing time later this season OR draft a QB and see if Favre will stick around next year and coach him.

If the Jets do crappy, say 6-10 or 7-9 I doubt Brett would return.

I also don't want to be thrown into a situation where we end up 10-6 just missing the playoffs and we are stuck with they 20th pick in round 1 and brett decides to bolt.

NOt sure about that....Brett is a pretty proud guy, and I don't think he wants his career to end on such a note. Granted, I think drafting a QB high next year would be nice, but so would some depth on both lines. I don't like the idea of drafting QB's in the first round. Again, for every Peyton Manning there are four Ryan Leafs.

I would be definitely looking at drafting someone on the first day though...

With all of the money spent on a veteran team the Jets will go out and get another proven qb..I cannot see them putting it all in the hands of a rookie. I can see a McNabb, Quinn hell maybe even Carson Palmer if he wants to get out of dodge

McNabb isn't going anywhere, unfortunately. But I would gladly take Carson Palmer. Brady Quinn would be nice, but Kellen Clemens isn't done. Seven games do not make up a Quarterback's career. For that, if we cannot get a veteran like McNabb or Palmer, I would rather us get a back-up like Quinn or Rosenfels, instead of wasting a draft pick, to compete with Clemens & Ratliff.

People seriously need to lay off of the Ratliff love. I was excited about what he showed in preseason but he's still done absolutely nothing to show he'll be a franchise QB.

I agree.

However, he's still done absolutely nothing to show he'll WON'T be a franchise QB. Until we see him play in a real NFL game (or a few) there is no way to know.

Thank you for the sane post.....

Not saying what could be,,,but what in Gods name says he is a bonafide top 15 QB...

I want a ProBowl QB for next 10 years,,either free agent it or draft it,,but I am not waiting 3 years for a youngun to make it,,if a Matt Ryan is out there (who i wanted last year ya'al lrecall) then draft him now

Hey old man, you're not willing to wait 3 years? Funny stuff there...what's 3 more years when we've been waiting almost 4 decades.

I for one do not feel like watching a young kid grow and have 2-3 more years of losing. In addition I think the big time college prospects come out in 2 years. Also lets not forget the Jets are moving into a new stadium they need to have someone to market. I predict Brady Quinn

I think Derek Anderson started the game sunday something like 4-20 or so.... Many Cleveland fans are wondering why Quinn hasn't gotten the nod yet. Dunno about Romeo Crennel's talent evaluation skills but i'm thinking he see's something in practice he doesn't like about Quinn, perhaps?

I think Derek Anderson started the game sunday something like 4-20 or so.... Many Cleveland fans are wondering why Quinn hasn't gotten the nod yet. Dunno about Romeo Crennel's talent evaluation skills but i'm thinking he see's something in practice he doesn't like about Quinn, perhaps?

Or perhaps because they just gave Anderson a $20 some million deal over 3 years and they were only 2-3, far from out of it. If Cleveland is 2-6, you'll see Quinn. Until then, they'll play Anderson.

I agree.

However, he's still done absolutely nothing to show he'll WON'T be a franchise QB. Until we see him play in a real NFL game (or a few) there is no way to know.

+1.

Ratliff's a big question mark, but he certainly looked like he had bags of potential this past pre-season. Why not give him a try at some point in the not-too-distant future? He looked better than Kellen.

McNabb isn't going anywhere, unfortunately. But I would gladly take Carson Palmer. Brady Quinn would be nice, but Kellen Clemens isn't done. Seven games do not make up a Quarterback's career. For that, if we cannot get a veteran like McNabb or Palmer, I would rather us get a back-up like Quinn or Rosenfels, instead of wasting a draft pick, to compete with Clemens & Ratliff.

I read on SI.com that the Brown turned down a Viking offer of two first round picks for Quinn, which makes sense given Anderson's regression. You need a good QB in this league.

Re Favre, I think he'll hang it up after this year. He has been an exciting addition to the team and I think they are better off for having had him, even for a single season. But for all his longevity and ability to avoid the really big hit (still has great footwork), he seems old and brittle, always dragging himself from the turf holding a shoulder or limping to the sideline. He seems to me to be living on borrowed time.

Who are the top players coming in from college?

Tebow? IMO not suited to the NFL but hype will lead to him being a high pick.

Stafford? I think he's overrated and inconsistent, not a fan.

Bradford? From what I've seen of him I like a lot. Haven't seen enough of him though.

Daniel? Like Tebow, don't think he suited to a pro style offense.

Stafford is this years Jay Cutler IMO.

Colt McCoy looks like the real deal.

Some people give up after seven games with a 3-4 record on a **** team. :eek:

That's just it. If were going to continue to be a crap team, why not start to invest in the future. That's what I find so aggravating as a Jets fan, we get poor product on the field more times than not, bring in patchwork, decent players that are seldom long term solutions, and then aren't patient enough to let possible young talent develop at key positions.

We already lose more than we win of late--it's about time we start to really see what we have or don't have in our QBs after Favre leaves.

Archived