Wes Welker VS Ty Law

Ghost

Don't forget if Law is in shape he is coming in with fresh legs and that always gives you an advantage at this point in the season.

Still I would put Revis on Welker and Law on Moss with help over the top. Welker almost never goes deep and Revis can definitly handle those slant patterns.

Don't forget if Law is in shape he is coming in with fresh legs and that always gives you an advantage at this point in the season.

Still I would put Revis on Welker and Law on Moss with help over the top. Welker almost never goes deep and Revis can definitly handle those slant patterns.

Who was on Welker in the first game? He had 7 receptions for 72 yards.

It's like this, the Pats are going to throw opposite of Revis.

We just HAVE to find away to stop the opposing receiver.

I agree and I trust in Mangini to figure it out because as much as all of us want to beat the Pats Thursday night, Mangini wants it even more.

why would you want Revis put on Welker, when you already know he destroys Moss?

Out of curiosity, are you referring to Matt Cassel's first start, a ridiculously windy day in Foxborough where neither team could pass to save their lives, or the 183 yard game week 1 last season?

Not much to go on to make a claim that one player "destroys" another.

Realistically, I can't see Law playing a whole lot. The guy hasn't played all year. He might, and I stress MIGHT, be used a little in nickel and dime packages. Ty Law always had a knack for being in the right spot at the right time. I imagine they will use him in a way that puts him in a position for an INT. This move puzzles me a little bit. Here's to hoping it works! :cheers:

Who was on Welker in the first game? He had 7 receptions for 72 yards.

This year? Lowery was the #2 starting CB for the first 6 games or so. It was clear he struggled against Welker in the slot and against the quick screen routes he was running. Law, at the very least, has a much better feel for the game and will be able to diagnose and react to those routes.

Fresh legs? John Madden would have the same kind of fresh legs. In fact, anybody who hasn't played pro football the last nine weeks and has sat on the couch eating nachos would have the same fresh legs.

If Mangini is thinking of using Law in any significant way, this could turn out to be one of the most embarrassing blunders by an NFL Head Coach in history. On national TV, no less.

In the first NE game, the Pats scored 19 points, Welker caught 7 for 72 yards, no TDs, Moss caught 2 for 22 yards, no TDs and the Jets are now a much better defense and overall team than they were in week #2. What exactly is the problem that Mangini thinks he is trying to solve with such a very risky move?

I would double Moss and put Revis on Welker wherever he goes and see if Revis can step up to the plate covering the slot receiver.

Why? Revis has been shutting Moss down. Welker is the concern. We cant get into 3rd and 6 situations and having them get first downs from the slot position. That will render our run stopping useless.

I would have the safety shadow Lowery and his receiver, Have Law on Welker and have the other safety playing free while keeping one LB playing under Welker

Fresh legs? John Madden would have the same kind of fresh legs. In fact, anybody who hasn't played pro football the last nine weeks and has sat on the couch eating nachos would have the same fresh legs.

Once again I said ASSUMING HE STAYED IN SHAPE he will have fresh legs.

If Mangini is thinking of using Law in any significant way, this could turn out to be one of the most embarrassing blunders by an NFL Head Coach in history. On national TV, no less.

In the first NE game, the Pats scored 19 points, Welker caught 7 for 72 yards, no TDs, Moss caught 2 for 22 yards, no TDs and the Jets are now a much better defense and overall team than they were in week #2. What exactly is the problem that Mangini thinks he is trying to solve with such a very risky move?

He is trying to get the team better. Right now there is no other decent option at the other CB spot opposite Revis. And yes a vet like LAw can come in and hit the ground running.

You have to remember that was also Cassell's 1st game he started since HS. He and that offense have undoubtedly improved since then as well. The key to this game is containing Welker, and yes, thats more key than containing Moss. Moss is a big play receiver. Cassell is not going for the the big play every play like Brady did/does. If he gets open downfield, he may score a long TD. However, if Welker can keep reeling in 5/6 yarders, they will drive down the field AND eat up clock. Jarvis-Green should be limited against our run D...So the key to this game really is Welker IMO.

Once again I said ASSUMING HE STAYED IN SHAPE he will have fresh legs.

He is trying to get the team better. Right now there is no other decent option at the other CB spot opposite Revis. And yes a vet like LAw can come in and hit the ground running.

What are you guys smoking? Law was shot two years ago. He has been inactive. He just joined the team for a Thursday night game that he is under the impression he is going to have a significant role in.

He will hit the ground running alright. As Welker glides into the endzone.

yeah, im sure with him talking to the jets since august or so, he has just been sitting on the couch eating nachos.

plus, the problem with your theory is that ty law still has talent, john madden or some other fat ass sitting on a couch, does not. ill take him over miller who has done nothing all season. something is better than nothing, is it not?

What are you guys smoking? Law was shot two years ago. He has been inactive. He just joined the team for a Thursday night game that he is under the impression he is going to have a significant role in.

you honestly believe they are going to lock him up against welker? please, you can't even be that dumb. he is just another player, who takes the place of JUSTIN MILLER, who again, has not done a single thing this year.

something, again, is better than nothing.

He will have a significant role Thursday. And judging him based on playing the last 3 years with Herm is a big mistake. I'm not saying he is still in his prime - but those defenses were terrible and with an improved cast around him I'm betting he will make a big impact.

Why? Revis has been shutting Moss down. Welker is the concern. We cant get into 3rd and 6 situations and having them get first downs from the slot position. That will render our run stopping useless.

I would have the safety shadow Lowery and his receiver, Have Law on Welker and have the other safety playing free while keeping one LB playing under Welker

Everybody has been shutting Moss down this year. I think he's either hurt or Cassell can't get him the ball deep.

Welker is almost impossible to cover in the slot. he will kill us, why not try it?

Archived