AJ Burnett, Yankees agree on 5 year deal.

Barton

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I have a bad feeling as well. I hope I am wrong but that is a really big contract for someone who before this year had a career record of .500.

Two 200 + inning years in his career.

Cashman pulling the trigger on another pitcher.

Man I hope this works out because if not they are screwed.

I'll be honest, I've NEVER been a "fire Cashman" Yankee fan. But if the Burnett signing REALLY bombs I'd say that's the straw hat broke the camels back. That's 4 really terrible pitcher signings that ended in injury. And I'm not even considering Igawa.

I'm not entirely sure on this but the Yankees utilize sabremetrics? Scouts? Or both?

Where is the recession 160 million and now 80 million? Makes regular people resent ballplayers when they get this type of money and who can blame them when you are struggling and feel lucky to have a job.

Knock it off or I will post a picture of your house, lol.

Can you even imagine being C.C. Sabathia right now? All that guaranteed money and prices on luxury items are coming down because nobody can buy them. Wow.

I'll be honest, I've NEVER been a "fire Cashman" Yankee fan. But if the Burnett signing REALLY bombs I'd say that's the straw hat broke the camels back. That's 4 really terrible pitcher signings that ended in injury. And I'm not even considering Igawa.

I'm not entirely sure on this but the Yankees utilize sabremetrics? Scouts? Or both?

They follow Cashman-tronics.

If it doesn't work, go buy another one. :winking0001:

I would really love to have Tex.... but I've kind of accepted the fact he'll be on the Red Sox. That line up scares the CRAP out of me.

To tell the truth, it would be pointless to get all of these pitchers and not do anything about our offense. Nady is great but we will need a boost if we want to buy a world series or 4. I say get tex and manny.

To tell the truth, it would be pointless to get all of these pitchers and not do anything about our offense. Nady is great but we will need a boost if we want to buy a world series or 4. I say get tex and manny.

Just remember one thing. As much as a lot of Yankee fans are glad to see Giambi and Abreu go, they knocked in 196 runs between them last year. And we were way down in RBI's from the year before.

The Yankees get Posada's bat back next year. The funny part is the lineup would be fine if they could bat AROD 3rd, which they can't.

Damon

Jeter

ARod

Nady

Posada

Swisher

Cano

Cameron

So they will plug Manny in there and call it a day. :bag:

Eh, I like him as a bench player. I don't love his OBP. Call me crazy but I like Nick Swisher

Well there really is no Center Fielder out there now that can help us. Having a platoon with Gardner with either Baldelli, or Taveras, I think would be the best option.

That or making a trade with Kansas City for David DeJesus.

Two 200 + inning years in his career.

He has 3 seasons with 200+ innings. I also believe that he has had 20 starts in each season since he became a full time member of the rotation in 2001 with the exception of 1.

He is a huge injury concern but people act as if he has had 1 or 2 seasons where he has played and 7 or 8 where he only appeared in 3 to 5 games. ;P

I wouldve rathered given this contract to lowe.

I can see why you would want Lowe, the guy will give you innings and will win you 12-13 games in the AL IMO. I just think that the Yankees saw a higher ceiling (and lower basement) possibilities with Burnett. Signing him is definitely a proverbial roll of the dice.

I still feel that the organization is confident in Girardi's managing of his pitching staff and that he can keep inning/throw counts down with some of these guys with the use of his bullpen. If there is one thing I liked what Girardi last year it was the managing of the pitching staff.

Great. So when we play the Red Sox, we best start Burnett all 18 games each season or else we won't get our moneys worth.

He can go 16-1 against them and 4-10 against everyone else.

I just hope the guy isn't Pavano or Jeff Weaver. He does have a sick record against AL East clubs though...He's 20-5 with a 3.29 ERA.

"Nady is great" that's a bit of an overstatement no? He has good numbers but he strikes out an awful lot.

If they add Cameran, same thing there too, that would be 2 guys that rack up alot of K's and a low OBP. The Yanks certainly won't be working oposition's pitch counts like the used to.

As for AJ when was the last time a Cashman pitching signing worked out? Never?

"Nady is great" that's a bit of an overstatement no? He has good numbers but he strikes out an awful lot.

If they add Cameran, same thing there too, that would be 2 guys that rack up alot of K's and a low OBP. The Yanks certainly won't be working oposition's pitch counts like the used to.

As for AJ when was the last time a Cashman pitching signing worked out? Never?

The Phillies just won a World Series with two guys in the middle of their lineup who strike out at ungodly rates.

I'm curious as to what your feelings were on Moose prior to last year?

I liked Moose, until last year, when I thought he should go. This past year he stepped up and performed, bravo to him. He actually could pitch against more than one or two teams and be effective.

Also, with the type of personality AJ has...he's a perfect fit for NY IMO.

Enough of these softy creampuff Cali dudes( Im talking to you, PHil and Ian)

If I were actually to compare Phil Hughes to someone, it actually would be A.J. Burnett. They're both injury prone guys, and I just see them being similar players.

Archived