Hate to say this but...

Matt39

Is there any doubt if the Pats made the playoffs they'd be in the Super Bowl?

BTW, is Mike Tomlin Omar Epps?

Always a chance they would have been beaten, but there was a reason why when it was obvious that Baltimore was going to beat Jacksonville that I started pulling hard for Miami (had to shower immediately afterwards).

1) The Jets would not have made the playoffs anyway.

2) I wanted Eric Mangini out and didn't want winning the final game and "10 wins" as an excuse to bring him back.

3) I knew Miami was almost no threat to go all the way (and was 99% certain they would lost to Baltimore). I also knew that with as wide open as the AFC was and as well as they were playing, the Pats* could have taken it if they made it.

Can you imagine if those douches had won the super bowl with a serverely undermanned squad? We would never have heard the end of if.

The Pats would not have beaten the Steelers with Cassel.

I would not go that far.

In the realm of coulda shoulda woulda, between Moss dropping two easy passes (one a TD), Gostowski missing a 30 somthing FG at the end of the half and Slater fumbling in the redzone on the KO, the game was closer then the final score.

With that being said, the Steelers would win more times then not. Their D is clearly better. I like our DL better, but they have a better LBackers corps and secondary.

Archived