Leonhard UPDATE:

kukirojas

we dont have man-gina anymore....He wont be leaving NJ without a deal......

It's so irritating. I dont have the NFl network so i cant keep up with the going ons of the league. I log on here today hoping to see that we inked him and nada. Hurry up and sign already so we can focus on our offense. FUKK!!!

It's so irritating. I dont have the NFl network so i cant keep up with the going ons of the league. I log on here today hoping to see that we inked him and nada. Hurry up and sign already so we can focus on our offense. FUKK!!!

i have NFL network you arnt missing much today, total access starts at 7pm est which is when most of their news will break.

haha...i hear ya...i have the NFL network and THEYRE not reporting anything or better yet not even mentioning him at all....

now thats killing me.LOL

you aren't missing anything, just replays of games through out the season

His wife doesn't want to live in New York. She wants to live in Minnesota.

well with the 14 inches of snow heading for new york you may be rig........ no

he'll be in Jets green and so will Corey Ivy

btw check out Ivy at 1:07

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Has anyone heard about any "action" surrounding Sean Jones?

If we don't land Leonhard, he might be a good alternative fit for us.

But I haven't heard about any interest in him, though from anyone, including the Jets.

no...and i'm surprised. i've been saying this for like a week now. i actually think he's a better fit since he's really more of a strong safety.

You're not missing much Bronzey . Lots of repeat information all day followed by replayed games from the season.

no...and i'm surprised. i've been saying this for like a week now. i actually think he's a better fit since he's really more of a strong safety.

Leonhard brings high quality punt return skills - that's what sets him apart, IMHO. Anybody who can effectively remove Washington from that job works for me.

Antoine Winfield didn't sign with us some years back b/c his wife didn't want to live in NY-that's what Senior is referencing

Translation: The Vikings called at the last second and oiffered more money. The wife thing was a semi-graceful way to back out at the 11th hour.

Free agent S Jim Leonhard has reportedly left the Jets' facility without a contract.

Leonhard was in New York all weekend, but the Jets won't overpay the 5'8/185-pounder. The Eagles have a need at free safety and could enter the mix.

thats from rotoworld.com I was hoping we would have had him signed by now

I am honestly okay with Abram Elam alongside Kerry Rhodes if need be, that is fine with me. Leonhard would be a slight upgrade that I would love to see happen, but if not, thats fine, lets go with Elam and turn our attention to WR & TE until the draft where we can build depth on both sides of the ball.

I am honestly okay with Abram Elam alongside Kerry Rhodes if need be, that is fine with me. Leonhard would be a slight upgrade that I would love to see happen, but if not, thats fine, lets go with Elam and turn our attention to WR & TE until the draft where we can build depth on both sides of the ball.

I agree. I like Leonhard for his punt returning abilities, but he's really not a necessity on dee. I'd like it. He knows the system, and that can only be a plus. But in this system, the SS does a lot of extra-LB-type work, which I think Elam (or Smith for that matter) could probably handle - allowing Rhodes to play centerfield and be the star he wants to be.

I agree. I like Leonhard for his punt returning abilities, but he's really not a necessity on dee. I'd like it. He knows the system, and that can only be a plus. But in this system, the SS does a lot of extra-LB-type work, which I think Elam (or Smith for that matter) could probably handle - allowing Rhodes to play centerfield and be the star he wants to be.

Smith? Really? I think playing ANY defense at the very least requires the ability to remain on your own two feet.

Archived