Have The Patriots Moved On From Maroney?

SoFlaJets

The first 3 picks from that draft are ALL busts...I know youre lurking TX..TAKE THAT! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 Bust so far.

Thomas landed on IR season # 1 and is still on the team. Jackson gone. Maroney will proabaly get 1 last chance with NE to stay healthy and get it done.

NE carried 4 RB's last season Maroney, Faulk, Morris, Jordan

Jordan is gone.

So, look for Taylor, Maroney, Morris , Faulk. Taylor and Maroney are polar opposite in terms of function. Taylor will be the the guy BB likes to pound the ball in the cold snowy weather. A 3rd downer.

The Pats have had their fair share of busts and reaches that didn't pan out. But because it's Belichick the media gives the team a slide.

I remember 2 drafts ago that if it had been any other team, all the draft experts would be asking, "What the heck are the Pats thinking?"

2008-Jerod Mayo, Terrence Wheatley, Kevin O'Connell, Jonathan Wilhite, Matthew Slater, and Bo Ruud

2007-Brandon Meriweather, Kareem Brown, Clint Oldenburg, Justin Rogers, Mike Richardson, Justise Hairston, Corey Hilliard, Oscar Lua, Mike Elgin

2006-Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson, Greg Jennings, David Thomas, Garrett Mills, Stephen Gostkowski, Ryan O'Callaghan, Jeremy Mincey, Dan Stevenson, Le Kevin Smith, Willie Andrews

The Pats have had their fair share of busts and reaches that didn't pan out. But because it's Belichick the media gives the team a slide.

Ya, ESPN is really in Bob Krafts pocket.

The reason why the Jets gaffes are so much bigger is because they are.

2008-Jerod Mayo, Terrence Wheatley, Kevin O'Connell, Jonathan Wilhite, Matthew Slater, and Bo Ruud

2007-Brandon Meriweather, Kareem Brown, Clint Oldenburg, Justin Rogers, Mike Richardson, Justise Hairston, Corey Hilliard, Oscar Lua, Mike Elgin

2006-Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson, Greg Jennings, David Thomas, Garrett Mills, Stephen Gostkowski, Ryan O'Callaghan, Jeremy Mincey, Dan Stevenson, Le Kevin Smith, Willie Andrews

I don't think Jets fans should be giving any team grief about draft busts. Here is the list of 1st round picks by the Pats since BB became HC.

2000: No pick

2001: Richard Seymour (6th)

2002: Daniel Graham (21st)

2003: Ty Warren (13th)

2004: Vince Wilfork (21st) & Ben Watson (32nd)

2005: Logan Mankins (32nd)

2006: Laurence Maroney (21st)

2007: Brandon Meriweather (24th)

2008: Jerod Mayo (10th)

Notice that 8 of the players are still on the team and only two were drafted in the Top 10.

I wonder what the Jets list looks like? :P

I don't think Jets fans should be giving any team grief about draft busts. Here is the list of 1st round picks by the Pats since BB became HC.

Notice that 8 of the players are still on the team and only two were drafted in the Top 10.

8 of the 10? The only one I count is Graham. Who is the other?

I bolded the current GM's picks... notice the difference... Italics are still starters in the NFL... green are on the JETS...

2008: Gholston & Keller

2007: Revis

2006: Dbrick & Mangold

2004: Vilma

2003: Drob

2002: Bryan Thomas

2001: Santana Moss

2000: Sean Ellis & Abe & Chad & Becth

Only 3 are not currently starters in the NFL... (one is Gholston)

Also the JETS current front office is doing a pretty damn good job...

Originally Posted by Gainzo

8 of the 10? The only one I count is Graham. Who is the other?

No Pick.

I bolded the current GM's picks... notice the difference... Italics are still starters in the NFL... green are on the JETS...

2008: Gholston & Keller

2007: Revis

2006: Dbrick & Mangold

2004: Vilma

2003: Drob

2002: Bryan Thomas

2001: Santana Moss

2000: Sean Ellis & Abe & Chad & Becth

Only 3 are not currently starters in the NFL... (one is Gholston)

Also the JETS current front office is doing a pretty damn good job...

How do you know this? Has it translated to the playoff's? Sure, on paper you have shored up the defense - but how exactly is your offense 'gonna score points? This is what the Jets offense looks like to me thus far: run, run, incomplete pass, punt.

How do you know this? Has it translated to the playoff's? Sure, on paper you have shored up the defense - but how exactly is your offense 'gonna score points? This is what the Jets offense looks like to me thus far: run, run, incomplete pass, punt.

Give the Jets fans a break. With Rex Ryan's defense they could have a stiff like Kyle Boller lead them to the Super Bowl. Who needs offense anyway?

Give the Jets fans a break. With Rex Ryan's defense they could have a stiff like Kyle Boller lead them to the Super Bowl. Who needs offense anyway?

Steve McNair was Penningtonian in 2005, and they went 13-3.

We need adequate QB play. Nothing more.

Seriously doubt they have given up on him. When he's healthy he's a good back but injuries have been the main problem and it's hard to consider a player a bust when it's something out of his control. Kind of like I never really got the Ki-Jana Carter or Blair Thomas bust talk. They were both good until injuries cut their careers short. I do however think this season will be his last chance. In a way I feel bad for Sammy Morris. He busted his a$$ last season and now he'll probably be stuck at #3 on the depth chart until Maroney gets hurt again.

Seriously doubt they have given up on him. When he's healthy he's a good back but injuries have been the main problem and it's hard to consider a player a bust when it's something out of his control. Kind of like I never really got the Ki-Jana Carter or Blair Thomas bust talk. They were both good until injuries cut their careers short. I do however think this season will be his last chance. In a way I feel bad for Sammy Morris. He busted his a$$ last season and now he'll probably be stuck at #3 on the depth chart until Maroney gets hurt again.

When was Ki-Jana Carter good in the NFL?

In warm-ups before he blew his knee out on his first carry?

Steve McNair was Penningtonian in 2005, and they went 13-3.

We need adequate QB play. Nothing more.

Rex was the D Coordinator for the Ravens from 2005-2008. The Ravens made the playoffs twice in that span and have nothing to show for it. The Ravens downfall in those playoff years was a lack of offense.

If you believe that adequate QB play is going to win the Jets a Super Bowl then you are delusional.

When was Ki-Jana Carter good in the NFL?

In warm-ups before he blew his knee out on his first carry?

Good point. I seem to remember he came back from the first injury and was fairly productive though wasn't he? Now Lawrence Phillips and Ryan Leaf. Those are busts.

Rex was the D Coordinator for the Ravens from 2005-2008. The Ravens made the playoffs twice in that span and have nothing to show for it. The Ravens downfall in those playoff years was a lack of offense.

If you believe that adequate QB play is going to win the Jets a Super Bowl then you are delusional.

Steelers won a Super Bowl with ****ty QB play in 2005. The Bears made it with Rex Grossman. Even the Giants a couple years ago...Eli was lights out in the playoffs, but he blew in the regular season.

You don't need to have Tom Brady behind center to win a championship, as evidenced by his zero rings in the last four years.

Good point. I seem to remember he came back from the first injury and was fairly productive though wasn't he? Now Lawrence Phillips and Ryan Leaf. Those are busts.

Not really. That pretty much killed his career. He never ran for 500 yards in a season.

Players like Carter or Robert Edwards may not deserve the bust label, because their promising careers were cut short by freak accidents. However, I think you can call guys like Maroney a bust, because it isn't a series of freak accidents. He's just a *****.

Steelers won a Super Bowl with ****ty QB play in 2005. The Bears made it with Rex Grossman. Even the Giants a couple years ago...Eli was lights out in the playoffs, but he blew in the regular season.

You don't need to have Tom Brady behind center to win a championship, as evidenced by his zero rings in the last four years.

The Steelers won that Super Bowl with ****ty QB play in the Super Bowl. Same thing for Eli. Both Big Ben & Eli won games in the playoffs.

If you are hoping for another 2000 Ravens run then I feel bad for you.

Zero rings for Brady in the last 4 years? He sucks :rolleyes:

The Steelers won that Super Bowl with ****ty QB play in the Super Bowl. Same thing for Eli. Both Big Ben & Eli won games in the playoffs.

If you are hoping for another 2000 Ravens run then I feel bad for you.

Zero rings for Brady in the last 4 years? He sucks :rolleyes:

I'm just saying that it IS possible to win the Super Bowl without a Hall of Famer behind center, provided that the rest of your team is good enough.

The Ravens nearly made it to the Super Bowl last year with a rookie from an FCS school at QB. It can be done.

The question is not "Would you rather have a game manager or a gunslinger?". You know me better than that. I'd rather have the gunslinger. And I hope that Clemens or Ratliff can be that guy. But, if not, I'd settle for them just not turning the ball over all the ****ing time.

I'm just saying that it IS possible to win the Super Bowl without a Hall of Famer behind center, provided that the rest of your team is good enough.

The Ravens nearly made it to the Super Bowl last year with a rookie from an FCS school at QB. It can be done.

The question is not "Would you rather have a game manager or a gunslinger?". You know me better than that. I'd rather have the gunslinger. And I hope that Clemens or Ratliff can be that guy. But, if not, I'd settle for them just not turning the ball over all the ****ing time.

The Ravens lost the AFC Championship game last year because they couldn't score. This has nothing to do with "gunslingers."

It is possible to do anything as there have been over 40 Super Bowls but if you look at this decade you will see that Brady, good Manning & Big Ben have won 6 Super Bowls this decade.

The others? Brad Johnson & Eli Manning.

Archived