JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition

ZachEY

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW - got to go back and re-read the thread, but I've got to move Shutout off of the suspicious list. He was pushing to lynch Woody after the reveal, which is generally a scum move. But in this circumstance, since Woody was in fact a zombie, it's unlikely a teammate would do that.

Same for JiF, actually.

Which is a shame, since they were at the top of my list heading into today.

1. Doggin94it

2. RaoulDuke

3. Irish Jet

4. War Ensemble

5. shutout

6. WoodyPaige - Lynched Day 3

7. Crusher

8. Jets Things

9. SMC - Killed Night 1

10. Vicious98x

11. CTM

12. Norway - Lynched Day 2

13. JiF

14. JetsBabe - Lynched Day 1

15. Bleedin' Green

16. JVOR

YES!!

Great work. Now we have a trusted finder in Vicious, a dead zombie, and a doctor at large. This has played out very well. Now...who does the mafia go after?

Don't know, don't care. Odds are they won't take out the finder (doc do your job again) and won't take out the doc (shot in the dark would be pure luck). As long as that keeps working, we win.

Vicious - at this point, only reveal results if:

a) you find a mafia

B) a confirmed innocent is 2 votes from lynching

c) at the end of the day after the doctor is night killed (since you won't survive the next night).

BTW, remember my general rule for finder work: unless someone is really jumping out at you as scum, investigate the least suspicious people, lynch the most suspicious, and work your way to the middle.

Don't know, don't care. Odds are they won't take out the finder (doc do your job again) and won't take out the doc (shot in the dark would be pure luck). As long as that keeps working, we win.

a) you find a mafia

c) at the end of the day after the doctor is night killed (since you won't survive the next night).

BTW, remember my general rule for finder work: unless someone is really jumping out at you as scum, investigate the least suspicious people, lynch the most suspicious, and work your way to the middle.

You got it "chief"

It's nice to be able to have this play out PROTECT ME DOCTOR.

a) you find a mafia

Seeing as the finder has already been found...why not just reveal the results right away. I'm guessing to try and draw suspicion based on who voted to lynch confirmed innocents and you can catch them in the act?

If we're going to do the above, I suggest a corollary to B. Within 2 votes from a lynch, wait for Vicious to tell us if that person has been investigated and the results of that. Sound good?

Guys... I'm a target now. So I need the doctor to continue to protect me.

In other news, the sky is blue.

Doc - DO NOT get cute.

Unless you protected yourself last night, you MUST protect Vicious. Don't WIFOM yourself out of it thinking they won't risk targeting vicious knowing he'll be protected

WE if vicious reveals confirmed innocents, scum will just NK..

confirmed innocents become very valuable as the game comes down to end game..

Exactly. Identifying innocents at the start of a game day is just as bad as identifying your investigation targets - mafia will just NK.

I thought the zombies would know who is on their side?

Yes but they'd be useless to the Mafia. A confirmed innocent will not be lynched, making it more likely that a Mafia member will be lynched instead.

If it's revealed that a player is innocent - The Mafia will take him out.

Yes but they'd be useless to the Mafia. A confirmed innocent will not be lynched, making it more likely that a Mafia member will be lynched instead.

If it's revealed that a player is innocent - The Mafia will take him out.

I think I got it, thanks...

I'm tired. Homework time, yay!

I thought the zombies would know who is on their side?

Think of it like this:

If the town knows that player A is a finder confirmed innocent, while they don't know about players B, C, D, and E (also innocents, but not finder confirmed), which one of the 5 should the mafia kill?

Answer: Player A - since there is no chance the town will suspect and lynch player A, while the town might suspect and lynch players B-E.

If you name innocents before you know enough of them to narrow the potential mafia to a small subset of players, all you do is set up those innocents to be killed.

BTW, here's a quick mafia primer in case I die tonight:

assuming classic mafia distribution, we should have 3 more zombies among our final 12 players. That means the current situation is:

9innocents, 3guilty.

Assuming an innocent dies tonight, that puts us at 8i, 3g to start day 4.

If we lynch and have an innocent killed each day/night, here's how it looks:

Start of Day 5: 6i/3g

Start of Day 6: 4i/3g (ENDGAME - must lynch a mafia member or we lose)

If we lynch a mafia member on day 4 or 5, day 6 becomes:

5i/2G

Day 7:

3i/2G (Endgame)

If we also lynch a mafia member on day 6 or 7, it goes:

Day 8: 3i/1g (endgame)

If we get to day 8 with 3 innocents and 1 guilty, the appropriate vote is NO LYNCH

For give me for this guys but....

Norway (3) - Vicious98x, CTM, Thor99

With 14 players remaining, it takes 8 to behead.

This what Woody has contributed at this point. Notice his last post. Ironic?

For somebody that is only over here at JN to play mafia, he isnt really helping out at all. And he is an experienced player. I suspect he is trying to lay low and try to go unseen.

Vote: Woody Paige

Norway (4) - Vicious98x, CTM, Thor99, shutout

WoodyPaige (1) - JiF

Thanks for this research. That said, WP has played before and I don't think he'd make that obvious of an inquiry. Still, FOS Woody.

Wait a second, you got all that from these posts? This is what SMC posted prior to you making that statement. SMC's post of substance happened AFTER you made that statement. I smell someone lying. If you go back to the Jets babe lynching, the only reason he gives is the obi wan kinoctm logic. THAT'S ALL. Again i ask, from the posts i have below, does anyone get a read on SMC's alignment one way or the other? A cop wouldn't have had a chance to investigate. A mafia member would know SMC is innocent and it makes you distance yourself by earmarking innocents before he gets lynched.

Vote Vicious

Norway (4) - Vicious98x, CTM, Thor99, shutout

WoodyPaige (1) - JiF

Vicious98x (1) - JVOR

I think Woodys' reveal sent everyone into a spin, so I am discounting activity after that point for now. I believe what I am going to try and break down is more compelling and will help Vic decide who to investigate tonight that might be zombies.

Above, is the voting activity and I included JT's FOS as well from page 9 right after I broke my case on Woody.

Since I cant quote that many posts, I will try best to follow the activity that happened right up until Woody's reveal.

On page 10, JVOR swapped his vote from Vic to Norway, my post went unnoticed until IJ agreed with me and voted Woody.

Below is the final vote count for page 10

Norway (4) - Vicious98x, CTM, Thor99, JVOR

WoodyPaige (2) - JiF, Irish Jet

Vicious89x (1) - Crusher

Thor99 (1) - Norway

On page 11, Vic reveals and Shutout joins the WP charge.

On page 12, Vic joins the charge against WP.

On page 13, Crusher unvotes Vic and BG joins the WP charge.

Leaving the final tally before Woodys' reveal at...

Norway (3) - CTM, Thor99, JVOR

WoodyPaige (4) - JiF, Irish Jet, shutout, Vicious98x, BG

Vicious89x (1) -

Thor99 (1) - Norway

With 14 players remaining, it takes 8 to behead

A lot of different thoughts circeld after the bogus reveal. Mostly everyone came out and said that they thought Woody was full of ****. They might have voted another way, but claimed he was full of ****.

I think its important to look back at players that might not have ever even addressed Woodys' reveal one way or the other. Or possibly someone defending him, though I dont recall that happening.

Hopefully thats helps. Personally I think this should help you with your investigation Vic. At least it will narrow down your search a little bit. We need to flip a zombie!!!

A lot of different thoughts circeld after the bogus reveal. Mostly everyone came out and said that they thought Woody was full of ****. They might have voted another way, but claimed he was full of ****.

I think its important to look back at players that might not have ever even addressed Woodys' reveal one way or the other. Or possibly someone defending him, though I dont recall that happening.

Hopefully thats helps. Personally I think this should help you with your investigation Vic. At least it will narrow down your search a little bit. We need to flip a zombie!!!

Again, fantastic work!! I think the bold part is a good place to start (unintentional rhyme).

Holy ****

I spend a day at work and 2 people are dead. Of course, if you'd listened to me and Vic we'd still have Norway...

Guess everyone else can back of Vicious now huh? Great job by everyone doing what I'd suggested...a day late.

Sorry Cat-Butt!

Holy ****

I spend a day at work and 2 people are dead. Of course, if you'd listened to me and Vic we'd still have Norway...

Guess everyone else can back of Vicious now huh? Great job by everyone doing what I'd suggested...a day late.

Sorry Cat-Butt!

You know what I like about you? You're gracious :biggrin:

You know what I like about you? You're gracious :biggrin:

You know how most people would've started that post with "I hate to say I told you so..."

Yeah, that's not me ;)

Honestly, it goes back to a comment I'd made earlier. I couldn't believe that JT got away with his "Peter Petrelli" reveal last game and I sure wasn't gonna get caught by something like that.

Of course, I now fully expect to get my brains eaten no later than Noon tomorrow

You know how most people would've started that post with "I hate to say I told you so..."

Yeah, that's not me ;)

Honestly, it goes back to a comment I'd made earlier. I couldn't believe that JT got away with his "Peter Petrelli" reveal last game and I sure wasn't gonna get caught by something like that.

Of course, I now fully expect to get my brains eaten no later than Noon tomorrow

:biggrin:

The thing is, you were still 100% wrong to push for lynching Woody yesterday. It's like going all-in on 2-7 off suit. Even if the flop comes up 7-7-7 and you win the hand, the original call was still wrong. The thing to remember with this game, just like with cards, is that a good result doesn't necessarily mean you made the right decision.

Town was much better off lynching Norway and letting Vicious investigate than lynching woody and praying he was mafia.

Archived