USC LB's test positive for roids???

BroadwayJoe12

Originally Posted by kffl

NFL | Cushing, Matthews tested positive for steroids

Thu, 02 Apr 2009 20:23:40 -0700

Rick Serritella, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports Southern California LB Brian Cushing and LB Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids at the NFL Scouting Combine, according to various sources, including one NFL team.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Does not alter our draft projection directly, but indirectly we could see some shakeup. If the reports are true, than teams that were honing in on the two USC backers will undoubtedly look for a different player. I haven't looked over the teams needs and who was targeting said players, but it should be interesting.

I will say this, I for one was actually waiting for this report to come out about Cushing; I have plenty of friends that are in minor league ball a few in the bigs, power-lifting and body building to know the difference between someone who is on roids and not...there is no doubt in my mind that Cushing is 100% on roids.

It reminds me exactly of David Boston a few years back, where everyone said he worked out on his own, took thousands of dollars worth of supplements and was "all natural." I'm sure many here knew that was bull****. Just take a look at the picture below.

cushing_steroids.jpg

He already has bitch **** in the before picture.

And this was a matter of a couple years. In all honesty, if he had the genetics to produce the body in the second picture, I would bet the farm that he wouldn't have been able to get that badly out of shape in the first picture.

It really isn't surprising, and playing college sports and being friends with all the sports teams, it's just hard to fathom how more kids aren't caught. I know they all cycle off during testing etc. but most of them are flat our dumb as rocks, so I am quite surprised they don't get caught more often.

Bump.

I was also told this by my source a while back. Cushing trains at Defrancos training in NJ...I know athletes who train there and they are all on roids. It doesn't surprise me that Cushing is.

That's hearsay!

These NFLDraftBible reports have been de-bunked by the NFL. There is NO WAY that a ****-eating website like that could hope to get their hands on that type of info. If they got it, they probably got it from a JetsBabe-type source.

That said, it's the NFL. Who ISN'T on steroids?

That's hearsay!

These NFLDraftBible reports have been de-bunked by the NFL. There is NO WAY that a ****-eating website like that could hope to get their hands on that type of info. If they got it, they probably got it from a JetsBabe-type source.

That said, it's the NFL. Who ISN'T on steroids?

Everyone is. Funny thing...the NFL doesn't test for ****. Why? Because the NFL is a business, people. You don't see reports for Tom Brady testing positive for juice. Why? Because the NFL doesn't test him. The NFL only tests once in a while to a somewhat decent player and suspends them, just to convince the general fanbase and the media that they are doing their job. :rolleyes: If the NFL actually tested Tom Brady, or any other superstar, and had to suspend or ban that superstar...think about how much money and how many fans they would lose. Steroids in sports are never going to disappear.

Everyone is. Funny thing...the NFL doesn't test for ****. Why? Because the NFL is a business, people. You don't see reports for Tom Brady testing positive for juice. Why? Because the NFL doesn't test him. The NFL only tests once in a while to a somewhat decent player and suspends them, just to convince the general fanbase and the media that they are doing their job. :rolleyes: If the NFL actually tested Tom Brady, or any other superstar, and had to suspend or ban that superstar...think about how much money and how many fans they would lose. Steroids in sports are never going to disappear.

You got that right. I LIKE LB's that are 6'4", 250 pounds and run 4.3/40's. I LIKE big WR's that run faster than Olympic sprinters. It's OK in football. Football, more than any other sport, has players that represent the super-human, perfect athletic ideal.

We frown upon baseball players that use the juice because baseball's institutional integrity is embedded in its history: every player who hits a home run today HAS TO do it under the exact same circumstances as Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth. The sport is unique in that way: we like it because of it's temporal context. Whereas with football, we look back with a certain fondness, but its a fondness mixed with curiosity, and bemusement. Olde-time football is the Model-T, but, today, we all want to drive the Ferrari.

You got that right. I LIKE LB's that are 6'4", 250 pounds and run 4.3/40's. I LIKE big WR's that run faster than Olympic sprinters. It's OK in football. Football, more than any other sport, has players that represent the super-human, perfect athletic ideal.

We frown upon baseball players that use the juice because baseball's institutional integrity is embedded in its history: every player who hits a home run today HAS TO do it under the exact same circumstances as Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth. The sport is unique in that way: we like it because of it's temporal context. Whereas with football, we look back with a certain fondness, but its a fondness mixed with curiosity, and bemusement. Olde-time football is the Model-T, but, today, we all want to drive the Ferrari.

Nice analogies. I agree.

1. That **** is yummy.

2. I should have clarified: People want to BELIEVE that players today are doing it under the same circumstances as the old-timers. I didn't mean to suggest that they actually DID. My bad.

:Nuts:

YOU'RE GONNA LOVE MY NUTS!

1. That **** is yummy.

2. I should have clarified: People want to BELIEVE that players today are doing it under the same circumstances as the old-timers. I didn't mean to suggest that they actually DID. My bad.

:Nuts:

Alcohol is a performance enhancer? Maybe at the dart board that night. Or with the ugly broad in the corner of the bar.

But certainly not the next day when trying to hit baseballs in the sun.

Archived