D dept. : " Memo to Jets: Keep Taylor from Pats, give Gholston mentor " ~ ~ ~

kelly

Good.

The Patriots need younger LBers.

They have one in Mayo. They have prospects in Guyton, Crable and Redd and JAGs in Alexander and Woods. SIgning Taylor might help the team in the short term, but they need to look to the long term and develop some replacements before Brady is Favre's age.

Memo to Jets: Keep Taylor from Pats, give Gholston mentor

April 6, 2009

By Clark Judge / CBSSports.com Senior Writer

> http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11600265

Memo to Clark Judge, GFY.

That's a great way to "mentor" Gholston. Push him to fourth on the depth chart. The Jets have too many OLB/DE tweeners as it is, why the **** should they sign this fossil? The article also acts like Taylor might end up on the Dolphins. Didn't Parcells dump this candy ass ASAP without even saying hello to him at the complex?

Taylor would never come play for the Jets.

He doesn't like us, we don't like him, he isn't a good fit for our team. What is this writer smoking?

He doesnt like NE either but may sign there. What better way to get back at Parcells than to face his team twice a year?

Pass, I'm not really interested in Gholston working on his Waltz and unless he's going to Foxtrot his way to 16 sacks **** Jason Taylor. What Gholston needs is some heart and he isn't about to get it from that fruit cup. Even if Jason Taylor still cared about football(which he doesn't), I'd have no interest in him wearing a Jets uniform.

Besides all that has been said to slam the suggestion, the whole concept of "mentoring" in the NFL is foolish. Vets usually don't mentor younger players.

If you want Gholston to learn something, then you rely on coaches. That's their freakin' job. Vets, at best, just play and have the younger kids watch them.

Jason Taylor has done nothing but bash the Jets organization and our fans, I doubt he'd come here.

I think your are correct.

Today he siad he hated the Jets and their fans are stupid.

I hope we have enough money to sign him.

Archived