Joba trashes NYC in DUI video

Tucker134

He says New Yorkers are rude and are cutthroat drivers --

I'm sorry but what did he say that wasn't true.

I grew up there and it's true you are rude and obnoxious -- dont be offended my NY traits are evident in the way I act as well - it turns some people off thats all.

I grew up there and it's true you are rude and obnoxious -- dont be offended my NY traits are evident in the way I act as well - it turns some people off thats all.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

As much crap as Patriots' fans get for acting arrogant and like their proverbial ****e don't stink.

Try being around a few NYers as an outsider. A different perspective is a MFer.

True.

He did something stupid and he's being punished. But the idea that he's now the worst person in the world is moronic.

Anyone here in their 20s while under the influence done something stupid? Would you like the Post and News to plaster it on the front page?

Who gives a crap? This is a story? A drunk kid from the middle of nowhere America said NY drivers cut people off? Shocking. And this has what to do with his baseball career?

I long for the day real reporting is restored to the media.

Agreed. Also, ask yourself why a video taken by the police after an arrest is released to the public. As a New Yawkah, I don't find what this dunce said insulting at all. It's true. Anyone driving with me will be treated to a variety of expletives hurled at other drivers for not signaling, going too slow, tailgating, etc.

Newsflash: If you're not from NY or into fashion, music, food, Wall St.... you usually hate NY. People here try to talk crap about NY to me all the time, to which I just ignore them. Who cares what others think?

As long as he stays healthy and wins game, I dont' care what he says. The only thing he needs to love is wearing those pinstripes.

Newsflash: If you're not from NY or into fashion, music, food, Wall St.... you usually hate NY. People here try to talk crap about NY to me all the time, to which I just ignore them. Who cares what others think?

As long as he stays healthy and wins game, I dont' care what he says. The only thing he needs to love is wearing those pinstripes.

I'm sure if the sh*t that Mickey Mantle/Billy Martin/White Ford did back in the day was reported the way it is today. people would be saying the same things....you also gotta figure the '86 Mets shenanigans went under-reported...

Winner winner chicken dinner.

As much crap as Patriots' fans get for acting arrogant and like their proverbial ****e don't stink.

Try being around a few NYers as an outsider. A different perspective is a MFer.

i can't remember the last time i heard a heterosexual use the phrase "winner winner chicken dinner"

I'm sure if the sh*t that Mickey Mantle/Billy Martin/White Ford did back in the day was reported the way it is today. people would be saying the same things....you also gotta figure the '86 Mets shenanigans went under-reported...

24/7 sports media.

The world has changed, back then people used to hold people up and revere them. Now it seems we move people up just to rip them down. Sometimes we forget these guys are humans who have exceptional athletic talent. He's what, 24 or something like that? If I was 24, in the starting rotation for a big city club and had money... I'd be out boozing and macking on girls EVERY night.

24/7 sports media.

The world has changed, back then people used to hold people up and revere them. Now it seems we move people up just to rip them down. Sometimes we forget these guys are humans who have exceptional athletic talent. He's what, 24 or something like that? If I was 24, in the starting rotation for a big city club and had money... I'd be out boozing and macking on girls EVERY night.

yeah but i'd be smart enough to use some of that dough i'm making to buy myself a cab ride home.

True.

He did something stupid and he's being punished. But the idea that he's now the worst person in the world is moronic.

Anyone here in their 20s while under the influence done something stupid? Would you like the Post and News to plaster it on the front page?

I was never a professional athlete driving around drunk with a bottle of crown royal in the front seat.

He deserves to be ridiculed for his stupid decision and has hopefully learned his lesson to avoid putting himself in bad situations in the future.

Driving drunk is treated too lightly in this country.

I was never a professional athlete driving around drunk with a bottle of crown royal in the front seat.

He deserves to be ridiculed for his stupid decision and has hopefully learned his lesson to avoid putting himself in bad situations in the future.

Driving drunk is treated too lightly in this country.

Don't disagree. But because someone is a professional athlete doens't mean they're any different than anyone else when it comes to being a young dumb human. Not an excuse at all, merely an explanation. We all have growing up to do one way or another. Having your youthful stupidity blown up like this is really kinda silly. Hopefully he has learned form this and thankfully no one was hurt.

Agreed. Also, ask yourself why a video taken by the police after an arrest is released to the public. As a New Yawkah, I don't find what this dunce said insulting at all. It's true. Anyone driving with me will be treated to a variety of expletives hurled at other drivers for not signaling, going too slow, tailgating, etc.

+1

I'm 15 & I'm already cursing at stupid drivers from the passenger seat. :D

Of course in New York, there's no shortage of stupid drivers.

+1

I'm 15 & I'm already cursing at stupid drivers from the passenger seat. :D

Of course in New York, there's no shortage of stupid drivers.

It's almost like a trait we are born with. Growing up, I had a friend who at age three or four was tooling around on a toy car. As he was "driving" around his yard, he kept saying things like "Move you son of a b*tch", etc. When his Mom asked him where he had heard such things, he said from his father driving. That was just classic. To this day, my wife and I almost always argue in the car because of my insane driving behavior.

LOL, Plus, it's just part of the culture there.

People here get REALLY offended if you honk at them, the horn is forbidden.

So of course, I honk every chance I get, just to piss people off :)

LOL. Did you just nail it for me. Ask anyone in my family: I am the king of the quick car horn. I have been known to break the speed of sound with my rapid horn tap. Back in the 80s, I had a TR-7 with one of those tinny, English horns. I would let fly at a nano-second's notice to any road offender in my path. It would drive people inside and outside my car insane.

LOL, Plus, it's just part of the culture there.

People here get REALLY offended if you honk at them, the horn is forbidden.

So of course, I honk every chance I get, just to piss people off :)

It's not wise to do that here -- people get shot for it.

LOL. Did you just nail it for me. Ask anyone in my family: I am the king of the quick car horn. I have been known to break the speed of sound with my rapid horn tap. Back in the 80s, I had a TR-7 with one of those tinny, English horns. I would let fly at a nano-second's notice to any road offender in my path. It would drive people inside and outside my car insane.

Hahaha. I tell my woman that THIS IS A LANGUAGE. Like someone is not paying attention and misses the red switch to green. I give a little honk, like eh "hey let's go" If I get cut off it's the long holding honk, pull up alongside the guy, flip em off, then cut em off.

This is all just proper protocol.

It's not wise to do that here -- people get shot for it.

Well.. you're in Texas. I live amongst hippies so I get to be a total bully.

i can't remember the last time i heard a heterosexual use the phrase "winner winner chicken dinner"

:yawn:

Is that the best you got?

Weak. :rolleyes:

Go look at Max, BP and JonE for pointers on witty replies.

Archived