Manny Suspended for PEDs

nyjunc

no its not. its very sad. But some Yankee fans are more concerned that there werent more Red Sox on the Mitchell Report than about the entire steroid episode. As fans of baseball we should be pissed off by the entire sport being tainted.

I'm over the sadness that steroids brought to baseball. It was devastating at first. But I'm immune to it now. It was so widespread, and now it is over over-reported or blown out of proportion, that I don't even blink any more.

But today is a glorious day for those of us that believe "what goes around comes around". This suspension couldn't have happened to a better person.

This isn't about any one team. Not the Yankees. Not the Red Sox. I love it simply because I can not stand the douchebaggery that is Manny Ramirez. I've long said there has never been a player I've witnessed that deserved his talent any less than this lazy, disrespectful jerkoff. You could never deny his talent. Now it is at least partially in question.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everything's a conspiracy theory against the Yankees. Ok. got it.

You sound like Red Sox fans pre-2004

Did I say everything? No. But I gave you two instances that were obvious. And yet I still haven't heard one thing disputing them. Just a bunch of "yeah ok, whatevers". A true sign of having nothing to say.

Did I say everything? No. But I gave you two instances that were obvious. And yet I still haven't heard one thing disputing them. Just a bunch of "yeah ok, whatevers". A true sign of having nothing to say.

You have zero proof any of these things are true. Just because you disagree with it doesnt make it fact.

It makes you look like a crazed conspiracy theorist.

Its not our job to dispel your theories. Its up to you to provide proof. And you have failed to produce any proof.

You have zero proof any of these things are true. Just because you disagree with it doesnt make it fact.

It makes you look like a crazed conspiracy theorist.

Its not our job to dispel your theories. Its up to you to provide proof. And you have failed to produce any proof.

You don't want it to be your job because you can't do it.

The luxury tax is as clear as day.

And go ahead and explain to me how those two trade offers stack up, given the fact that Arizona's owner was a open and well-known Yankee hater.

But no. You won't even try.

Fixed.

It is so obvious that these two things were swipes at the Yankees that it is sick. You're in denial.

To think anyone could have faith in guys like Bud Selig or Jerry Colangelo or any other major league owner is beyond belief.

Colangelo was pretty open about his hatred for Steinbrenner at the time. He didn't hide it, ever. And if you really believe that Arizona turned down Alfonso Soriano and Nick Johnson in favor of Casey Fossum and Brandon Lyon because they thought it was a good baseball decision, you're dumber than you sound.

You really do not have much of a grip on reality.

I will not argue a gainst premise, where there is no premise offered, other than a delusional view.

I do not waste time on delusional views. Common sense and rational thought explains them away.

You give some Yankee fans a bad name with these views.

You don't want it to be your job because you can't do it.

The luxury tax is as clear as day.

And go ahead and explain to me how those two trade offers stack up, given the fact that Arizona's owner was a open and well-known Yankee hater.

But no. You won't even try.

No. Burden of proof doesnt fall on my shoulders. It falls on yours.

Oh, and that trade...

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/25/sports/baseball-schilling-now-has-one-foot-in-fenway.html?n=Top/Reference/Times%20Topics/People/S/Schilling,%20Curt&scp=8&sq=schilling%20trade&st=cse

When Schilling said he would pitch in New York, it was partly because he wanted to play for Joe Torre, the Yankees' manager. But the Yankees broke off trade talks when Arizona insisted that Alfonso Soriano and Nick Johnson be included in any deal.

You have no place in this conversation.

If you don't understand what I am talking about, you don't understand sports.

In baseball, records and milestones are everything. They define your career. If you cheat to attain those records and milestones through cheating it taints the accomplishment.

In football, nobody can even tell you what the records are.

If I say 714, you know that was Babe Ruth's home run total. Everybody self-respecting baseball fan should know that.

If I say 12,302, how many people can tell you without looking it up that that was Jim Brown's yardage total?

Yes, I disagree with your dumbass opinion, therefore, I know nothing about sports.

If you aren't mature enough to have a discussion without resorting to dumbass tactics like that, then go back to JI.

Cheating has been prevalent in baseball forever. From scuffing the ball to stealing signs to amphetamines to steroids. The difference in amphetamines and steroids is that there was no mass media coverage in that era. Who's to say Hammerin' Hank and Roger Marris weren't all hopped up on uppers like everybody else?

If you walked up to me and said "420", I would think marijuana. If you walked up to me and said "420 - football", I would say "That's Dan Marino's touchdown total".

Let's see, what's worse: Manny hitting 500 juiced home runs, several hundred of which came off pitchers that were just as juiced up as he was...or Brett Favre laying down so Michael Strahan could break the sack record? Option B inspires a hell of a lot more outrage in me, and not just because it broke a Jet record.

I will not argue a gainst premise, where there is no premise offered, other than a delusional view.

I do not waste time on delusional views. Common sense and rational thought explains them away.

Where have you been? Everyone knows that MLB is working behind the scenes to screw over the Yankees :rolleyes:

The conspiracy theories that Guido & JonE are ranting about are laughable.

Guido.

You're a Yankee fan. A fan of the most successful and most popular professional sports team in America. Pride and tradition is what the Yankees are about.

Start acting like a fan of the greatest sports team in America and stop acting like a spoiled dooshie. As I said earlier you sound worse than Sox fans pre-2004. Start acting like the class the Yankees are supposed to be.

Guido.

You're a Yankee fan. A fan of the most successful and most popular professional sports team in America. Pride and tradition is what the Yankees are about.

Start acting like a fan of the greatest sports team in America and stop acting like a spoiled dooshie. As I said earlier you sound worse than Sox fans pre-2004. Start acting like the class the Yankees are supposed to be.

;)

The Yanks aren't playing very well right now. I need to get my kicks some how.

Guido.

Good post. If the Yanks were 20-10 right now, the Yankee kids would all be piling on Manny right now. They can't join in the fun because their team sucks cawk so they are going to be petulent and try to spoil everybody else's fun.

Good post. If the Yanks were 20-10 right now, the Yankee kids would all be piling on Manny right now. They can't join in the fun because their team sucks cawk so they are going to be petulent and try to spoil everybody else's fun.

This whole Manny thing would have been awesome if it came out while he was on the Sox. Sadly he's a Dodger and everyone hates Manny now. If this came out 2 years ago Sox fans would be going crazy

The only thing that sucks is the Sox benefitted from his use but they don't face any penalty(of having him suspended) or distraction b/c he's gone while we faced distractions for guys who used on other teams(though they probably used w/ the Yanks as well).

:bwahaharoll::banana::happy0071::corn: Cry me a river !! :P

Guido.

:sign0098:

Guido.

There are a lot of good Yankees fan who post in this forum. Unfortunately the Guidos, JonEJets & Kleckos of the world give them a bad name.

Cheers to vicious89x, Bob, Matt39 and the rest of the level-headed Yankees fans.

There are a lot of good Yankees fan who post in this forum. Unfortunately the Guidos, JonEJets & Kleckos of the world give them a bad name.

Cheers to vicious89x, Bob, Matt39 and the rest of the level-headed Yankees fans.

First of all, you are in no position, as a non-Yankee fan, to determine any one our statuses. Thanks though, move along little boy.

Second, your opinion means even less considering the weak nature of your posts. I'm guessing you're what? 14? 12?

Expecting fairness makes me a bad fan?

Sorry Gainzo, you're a good guy for the most part but you're way off base here. In fact, I am extremely tempted to point out the fact that you are, essentially a troll. ;)

Guido.

Um...that is how they act.

First of all, you are in no position, as a non-Yankee fan, to determine any one our statuses. Thanks though, move along little boy.

Second, your opinion means even less considering the weak nature of your posts. I'm guessing you're what? 14? 12?

Gainzo knows more then you and he was not even born in America. :rolleyes:

Griffey and Jeter are the others looked to as the epitome of clean.

We should probably add D Wright to that list.

There will be others as well (hopefully) we just need a little distance time wise.

You spent two years of your life fighting with MM. Not sure how you can make that statement in bold. :-P

There are alot of men that post on this site

Unfortunately you are not one of them

Archived