The Marlins gotta go

Matt39

The "crowd" for yesterdays game against the Dbacks

2b1714c0eb694777a764f6a.jpg

In fairness, that was probably the first game of the doubleheader, which was the makeup of the rainout from the previous day. With a 5:10 PM starting time, it's possible that many of the ticket holder elected to instead exchange for tickets for a different game (if that was an option).

In fairness, that was probably the first game of the doubleheader, which was the makeup of the rainout from the previous day. With a 5:10 PM starting time, it's possible that many of the ticket holder elected to instead exchange for tickets for a different game (if that was an option).

Yeah but still....that is embarrassing. Especially for a team that does have talent.

Detroit's attendance is down big time too, at least 30% thus far. I was at Tuesday's gem against the Rangers and it looked like 2003 in the place again. That's not even once season removed from last season's attendance which exceeded 3,000,000.

Take the normal garbage fan base of most Florida teams that aren't playing college football and combine it with the economy and you have that photo.

Game InformationAttendance - 14426Game Time - 4:50Temperature - 78Umpires - Home - Todd Tichenor, First Base - Jerry Layne, Second Base - Tony Randazzo, Third Base - Mike Estabrook

Sure

If there are 100 people in that picture I would be shocked.

Anyone who cares about baseball. This is bad for the sport.

I have a better plan than moving them: CONTRACTION.

The league is watered down. Lose 'em.

I would say let's get rid of Tampa also, but i don't want to start up with ol what's his name who is between 5"7 - 6"3, and has a girlfriend who is 5"5.........;)

I believe it is in Hanleys contract that if the Marlins are contracted, he's automatically a Yankee.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

when they build the Stadium with the roof i think they will get more people to come out to games. with the rain we have been having here no one wants to get stuck in the rain watching the brew crew play the marlins. i almost didnt go to the drive-in last night because of the rain.

The Florida Marlins are looking to ship players and cut payroll. Yes, you read that correctly, the team with the lowest payroll in the bigs ($36.8 million) is looking to extend their lead in this dubious category.

The Marlins actually increased their payroll by $15.0 million from 2008 to 2009. Clearly heads will roll over that decision and now things are getting back to normal. On the block are Dan Uggla, Jorge Cantu, Cody Ross and Jeremy Hermida. Not a murderers row but there is decent power between these bats; the four have combined to hit 33 home runs this season, with Uggla leading the way with 11 dongs.

Likely trade partners? The surprising San Francisco Giants desperately need offense as do the Cubs and Cardinals. Trades are coming off earlier this season, so we could see action sooner rather than later in South Florida. Sorry, Marlins fans.

http://www.faniq.com/article/Florida-Marlins-trade-candidates-1642630

Two World Series titles in 15 years of existence.

Pretty decent franchise...contracting them would be idiotic.

If anything, get them the hell out of Miami. It's just not a sports town.

Archived