Mafia - Red Scare Game Thread

Doggin94it

Interesting theoy and I see where you are going, but why is this "outside the box" thinking. I know you are new to our games, but we have seen the cult before, definitely havent seen the no NK though.

It is outside the box because in normal mafia games you have, you know, a mafia. In this scenario, there is no mafia. To me, that's outside the box. If Doggin has created a game with no mafia, and the Red Scare is a ruse to get the town to kill each other, then we need to take that a step further. How do we beat him? In one game that I ran on another site (borrowed pieces from that Nexuswar game), the way to win was to lynch the mod. I suppose we could try that (talk about outside the box, there!), but I don't think that is the way.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My concern is that we're benefitting the scum somehow with these no lynches.

Verbal, you make mention of a possible cult (i.e.: night recruiters), but Smashmouth has been very clear that he discounts that possibility. I definitely don't discount that possibility.

Slats your trying very hard to make me look scummy with things I have never said.

I have stated Im not sure about some things, but never have I said nor been very clear about anything other than the fact I think commies can't NK which has already been proven once and that I think there is a possibility we are all townies.

So explain yourself Slats .

Slats I feel that Commies do exist in this game. I also feel they can not NK. Im not buying the conversion crap CTM spewed and Im not buying that a Doc got lucky. They have to try and convince us to Lynch. Why else would EY claim he could do damage if he was lynched ?

Maybe commies can do damage if lynched as well as townies, but on a larger scale. If thats the case they can fool us townies into destroying ourselves. Its not out of the question CTM could very well be the sacrificial lamb here hes played that part before. I know hes "thinking" now in PM's to his commie buddies because if my Idea was half bajed he would have been all over me. Hes scrambling right now. Maybe im crazy, maybe Im thinking too far outside the box. Thats up to you guys, who know your townies, to decide.

Oh now im scum ? And # 2 no less.

Klecko Im not falling for the chan conversion crap. I feel Commies cant NK. I also feel if we lynch we can do massive damage to ourselves. Vote no lynch it certainly cant hurt. Like I said before were in the same damn boat as yesterday.

Chan may be a commie but I feel commies have a role that can be very distructive.

no lynch

I thought you were pretty clear in that you weren't buying the conversion crap.

Verbal, you make mention of a possible cult (i.e.: night recruiters), but Smashmouth has been very clear that he discounts that possibility. I definitely don't discount that possibility.

Slats. The JI/JN game JiF, Chan, and myself where cult. JiF was the dashing and incredibly handsome leader and he had a very hard time recruiting players. If I remember their was different players with different odds they could be recruited. After myself and Chand he was unable to recruit anyone. So might be a problem if its easier to recruit early. Might be playing right into their hand. Or not. Good point though.

It is outside the box because in normal mafia games you have, you know, a mafia. In this scenario, there is no mafia. To me, that's outside the box. If Doggin has created a game with no mafia, and the Red Scare is a ruse to get the town to kill each other, then we need to take that a step further. How do we beat him? In one game that I ran on another site (borrowed pieces from that Nexuswar game), the way to win was to lynch the mod. I suppose we could try that (talk about outside the box, there!), but I don't think that is the way.

Covered earlier I think. Doggin said if any vote is on someone not in the game it automatically becomes a no vote.

Slats your trying very hard to make me look scummy with things I have never said.

I have stated Im not sure about some things, but never have I said nor been very clear about anything other than the fact I think commies can't NK which has already been proven once and that I think there is a possibility we are all townies.

So explain yourself Slats .

While we're at it, I asked a while back how these no lynch votes "answer questions," as you've also said. What questions get answered when we have no lynch and no NK. Just the same 12 guys looking at each other the next day phase.

Maybe you should explain. What gets answered?

If there were NKs that occured as a result, I would agree. There hasn't been, so why the continued heat on Smashmouth? You and Klecko are humming the same tune here (although perhaps Klecko just has some sort of crush on him?:eek:).

I disagreed with CTM's conversion theory. Once again what did I say that was difinitive about anything other than possibilities ?

Slats. The JI/JN game JiF, Chan, and myself where cult. JiF was the dashing and incredibly handsome leader and he had a very hard time recruiting players. If I remember their was different players with different odds they could be recruited. After myself and Chand he was unable to recruit anyone. So might be a problem if its easier to recruit early. Might be playing right into their hand. Or not. Good point though.

That's a thought. A good one, actually. With nothing to go on, discounting theories like a commie cult right out of the box doesn't make a lot of sense for a townie. If we continue to get absolutely no info from this no lynch BS, I definitely think it's an angle worth pursuing.

I disagreed with CTM's conversion theory. Once again what did I say that was difinitive about anything other than possibilities ?

I answered your request, answer mine. What questions get answered when we no lynch and have no NK's again? Explain, please.

Yes but if we lynch incorrectly we are potentially killing 2 more innocents in addition to someone getting converted/silenced during the night phase.

If nothing else if the unanimous no lynch doesn't work, we can discount that strategy going forward.

We should also be able to see whether EY going dark was voluntary. If he and/or someone else remain silent we'll know that while there are no NK's, silencing could be the commies NA.

I answered your request, answer mine. What questions get answered when we no lynch and have no NK's again? Explain, please.

It brings us closer to the possibility there are no commies and all townies. How we proceed from there I have no freakin Idea. But as some people think its stupid or a waste to Not Lynch how much stupider is it not to NK ?

It brings us closer to the possibility there are no commies and all townies. How we proceed from there I have no freakin Idea. But as some people think its stupid or a waste to Not Lynch how much stupider is it not to NK ?

Actually, if your goal is to foster paranoia, it's a fairly smart tactic to not NK after a no lynch.

That's not even one answer. That may or may not help the theory that there's no commies in this game. They could be commies who can't NK, or they could be commies having fun keeping us in the dark getting all paranoid.

But you said another no lynch would answer a lot of questions. What actual answers does this action provide for us?

Ok PAC, who has had nothing to contirbute to this point.

Since no night actions were taken what do you propose we do ? I dont think anyone is aganist listening to new ideas but I sure as hell have not seen many. All Im saying is we test the waters one more time. If in that one more time there is still no night kill that will answer some questions < No ??

You know who gets pissed off PAC ?

Commies. :Nuts:

One quick "No Lynch " vote answers alot of questions, gets this game moving, and It cant hurt the town (or at least the odds are it cant) so whats your problem ?

I still say this line of non-action answers nothing, stalls the game another day, and maybe increases the potential for a night conversion or other unseen night action detrimental to the town.

But you say it'll answer "alot of questions." What questions get answered?!?

Yes but if we lynch incorrectly we are potentially killing 2 more innocents in addition to someone getting converted/silenced during the night phase.

If nothing else if the unanimous no lynch doesn't work, we can discount that strategy going forward.

We should also be able to see whether EY going dark was voluntary. If he and/or someone else remain silent we'll know that while there are no NK's, silencing could be the commies NA.

That's why I'm going along for another day - reluctantly.

On second thought, I'm not so sure there is even a Cult. Think about it - the Red Scare was about paranoia...if we put that into this game, it doesn't fit to have any baddies. I would say no to mafia AND cult. That would make it just innocents, either all solo, or something we haven't thought of yet.

What I'm stuck on is the thought of us being solo - it also doesn't fit with the paranoia part. We wouldn't want everybody else dead - we would just be scared sh*tless of the commies. Besides, if we are aligned with the town, then I can't see wanting to win alone.

The only flaw in this plan is the possibility of a cult recruiting their way to a win. But it doesn't fit into the Red Scare, or a Bastard Mod game.

*light bulb*

Oh sh*t. That's it. A Bastard Mod wants to either confuse his players, or win himself. I recently modded a Bastard game in which everybody had a role that was contingent on the Cop or Doc, but there was no Cop or Doc. It was just a vanilla mafia game, but my players thought it was a power role-loaded game. That is one way to Bastard Mod. Another way (I'm sure there are many) is what I was tinkering with as a Bastard Mod game - to win by myself by making the innocents kill themselves. It fits perfectly within a paranoia-filled setup, like the Red Scare.

Whoever suggested the unanimous No Lynch (was it Pac?), I think you are a genius. I'm on board with that plan. Perhaps a No Lynch didn't work before because some of us were still at each other's throats? Maybe to win, we need to work as a team and shed the "paranoia" of the Red Scare?

We need JVoR to unvote first, based on this latest vote count from Doggin:

Vote Count

No Lynch (5) - Smashmouth, Pac, JiF, Crusher, Klecko

Vicious (1) - JVoR

7 to lynch, deadline Wed. at 9pm

We might be at L-1 on the No Lynch due to Vic's vote on Doggin. Smashmouth is right, there is no reason the mafia would continue to ignore NKs. They can't, otherwise they can't win. Once JVoR unvotes, let's be unanimous on No Lynch. If it doesn't work unanimously, and there is no NK, then I'm totally lost.

By waiving their nightkill powers after the no lynch, the mafia has successfully reset the game back to square one while confusing the **** out of most of the players, making them think of all kinds of outlandish possibilities.

But they can't win, either. If we No Lynch (unanimously to try that great idea), and there is no NK, I call out the mafia for being dumb. They can't win, and NKs won't provide much info yet without vote patterns besides No Lynching.

Besides, about this 3.6 thing - it makes no sense. You can't set up a game like that - Doggin is just messing with our heads there.

But they can't win, either. If we No Lynch (unanimously to try that great idea), and there is no NK, I call out the mafia for being dumb. They can't win, and NKs won't provide much info yet without vote patterns besides No Lynching.

Besides, about this 3.6 thing - it makes no sense. You can't set up a game like that - Doggin is just messing with our heads there.

Of course he is. That's the point.

Well, if there is no NK after we try Smashmouth's experiment it's either a completely ****ed up game or the mafia is stupid.

Thank You ! For explaining that

3.6 is exactly how it was worded a percentage of the numbers provided. Nothing More

Nah, I'm just messing with your heads one last time. Town wins!

Major props to JVoR, who jumped on the "no commies" angle almost from his first post, and Smash, who stuck with it like a pitbull on day 2.

To Verbal, also, for finally figuring out the "3.6" clue - it was a nonsense number, impossible to have .6 of a commie - because the whole thing was nonsense.

Archived