Mafia - Red Scare Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think of it like this.

Why would he specify the direction of his venom AT CTM. If it is anything it's either a choice ability or one that is random, like a random lynch. It would make no sense that if he can't holster that he'd know EXACTLY who to direct it at.

It was a clear cut threat. YOU

I don't believe you walk around saying that unless you plan on using it.

If you had this power wouldn't it make sense that you choose who to direct it at? If it's random, it would be something that is triggered by something out of your control.

I think you're wrong.

Hmm... I though we were in agreement and you misunderstood until I read the next post. Now I don't know what to think.

To be clear, I believe he could not holster his ability if he wanted to.

Think of it like this.

Why would he specify the direction of his venom AT CTM. If it is anything it's either a choice ability or one that is random, like a random lynch. It would make no sense that if he can't holster that he'd know EXACTLY who to direct it at.

It was a clear cut threat. YOU

I don't believe you walk around saying that unless you plan on using it.

I believe he has the ability to direct his ability in the direction of anyone who lynches him, but he doesn't have the ability to holster it. That if he were to choose no one to use it on, the mod would select someone to whack for him.

I believe he has the ability to direct his ability in the direction of anyone who lynches him, but he doesn't have the ability to holster it. That if he were to choose no one to use it on, the mod would select someone to whack for him.

This sounds exactly right.

Slats, I read things completely different from Vic...which makes me nervous about you. I think you were spinning what he was saying, now I cant figure out if was intentful or if was just plain misunderstanding.

Slats rhymes with Fats, so I have a hard time thinking he's a badguy. You understand.

If you had this power wouldn't it make sense that you choose who to direct it at? If it's random, it would be something that is triggered by something out of your control.

Which is why I think EY made a point to make it painfully clear that it'd be CTM... not anyone else.

EY isn't an idiot, he wouldn't say YOU as a slip up. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees it this way.

Which is why I'm saying if we move forward with a lynch you HOLSTER what you got. Think about it... if I think more then 1/2 of us have this ability, in some shape, then throw in the fact the game is built on paranoia.... I just think the game is designed for us to beat ourselves.

Now I don't know if CTM's scenario is plausible but verbal presented some other possibilities. Check this link, which I've googled "Bastard mod mafia"

http://forums.nexuswar.com/viewtopic.php?t=19407&sid=096be05922db6a352a472b75f3997a55

O.K. Never mind. This is what I believe as well.

Which makes me think we all have the same role, because everyone is having way too easy of a time figuring the role out based off one little YOU.

Side note; lol at doggin claiming this would be a quick game.

Slats, I read things completely different from Vic...which makes me nervous about you. I think you were spinning what he was saying, now I cant figure out if was intentful or if was just plain misunderstanding.

It could be a misunderstanding.

Read these recent posts, do you think I misunderstand the role in question, too?

To not use his killing power. He would have a weapon available to kill, but choose to keep that weapon in it's "holster" instead.

Haha, I actually knew that I was just wondering why the **** Pac was saying you were wrong. Maybe you weren't clear enough.

I agree with all of this....Why is this forcing me to use italics? Gay!

O.K. Never mind. This is what I believe as well.

Which makes me think we all have the same role, because everyone is having way too easy of a time figuring the role out based off one little YOU.

Side note; lol at doggin claiming this would be a quick game.

Good.

Now, if anything Vic doesn't have this particular role because he believes you can holster said power. That's the crux of my case against him - misunderstanding or not.

Which is why I think EY made a point to make it painfully clear that it'd be CTM... not anyone else.

EY isn't an idiot, he wouldn't say YOU as a slip up. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees it this way.

Which is why I'm saying if we move forward with a lynch you HOLSTER what you got. Think about it... if I think more then 1/2 of us have this ability, in some shape, then throw in the fact the game is built on paranoia.... I just think the game is designed for us to beat ourselves.

Now I don't know if CTM's scenario is plausible but verbal presented some other possibilities. Check this link, which I've googled "Bastard mod mafia"

http://forums.nexuswar.com/viewtopic.php?t=19407&sid=096be05922db6a352a472b75f3997a55

What if slats is right though and you can't really holster the ability? What if it works like this: if you get lynched you either choose someone to kill or the mod kills someone at random.

Good.

Now, if anything Vic doesn't have this particular role because he believes you can holster said power. That's the crux of my case against him - misunderstanding or not.

I'll have to go back and read but I don't recall him saying that... that's why I've been hesitant to vote for him.

Hmm... I though we were in agreement and you misunderstood until I read the next post. Now I don't know what to think.

To be clear, I believe he could not holster his ability if he wanted to.

Then we actually agree- which makes this a misunderstanding. I thought YOU were saying he has NO CHOICE in WHO he might pick. I thought that you were saying it was entirely random. I actually 100% agree with you in saying that he can choose, or it'll be chosen for him.

Which in retrospect leads to the issue I mentioned of holstering, which I know see can cause confusion.

Quite frankly the reason I said that you hold your abilities is the fact that I did entirely forget that aspect of a random choice. My picture of the dog kinda is trying to tell you that it's difficult for me to defend myself. But I can see what you're saying now about me and understand where you're coming from.

In the end I actually agree with you.

Then we actually agree- which makes this a misunderstanding. I thought YOU were saying he has NO CHOICE in WHO he might pick. I thought that you were saying it was entirely random. I actually 100% agree with you in saying that he can choose, or it'll be chosen for him.

Which in retrospect leads to the issue I mentioned of holstering, which I know see can cause confusion.

Quite frankly the reason I said that you hold your abilities is the fact that I did entirely forget that aspect of a random choice. My picture of the dog kinda is trying to tell you that it's difficult for me to defend myself. But I can see what you're saying now about me and understand where you're coming from.

More on top of this point-

This is why I have continually said "This game is set up for us to lose, to beat ourselves". I can see why people say I "misunderstood" my PM. Like I've said look at my dog picture and then try to equate the fact that I'm being evasive.

I'm at work and its getting surf controled, can you post the jist of it...copy and paste...something?

Initial post-

Christmas mafia comes to a close, and Teksura is lynched for a reason so stupid, he becomes corrupted with rage

"WHAT? You dicks are lynching me because if I am scum then I would be able to mock everyone? What the hell guys? Its on now, I will have my vengeance!"

And with that sworn oath for vengeance upon the various players of mafia on the Nexus War forums, Teksura begins to plot. He plots an evil plot. An evil plot so sinister, that he will be able to get his vengeance. A new game opens, and folks sign up in blissful ignorance of their fate. The game begins, but little does everyone know that their victory is not possible.

"I'm glad you could all make it here. But you're in for a nasty surprise. You see, I have rigged this game to ensure that nobody wins. All of you are going to lose this. To ensure this, I have hired a couple of you to prevent your victory at all costs. All of you will suffer at my hands now for your foolishness. All of you will... erm, yes, is there a question? You in the back, what is it?"

"Umm, yeah, I was just wondering how you expect to make us all suffer like this. I mean, if you're saying we can't win, whats forcing us to play? Can't we just ignore this game entirely and go about doing whatever pleases us? I'm just not getting why we're supposedly forced to be here and play if you're say-"

"Any other questions?"

"Yeah, what about the people you hired? If they are scum, and their job is to prevent the rest of us from wining, don't they win if that is accomplished? I don't think you can actually fix the game to not have any winners like that."

"I am no longer accepting questions. Now, pay attention because I'm not going to explain this a second time. So if you miss it, its your loss-"

"But this is a forum, can't we just look back and re-read the post if we-"

"SHUT UP! Now, as I was saying, here is whats going to happen. All of you will die a horrible horrible death at the hands of my lackies, and nothing you can do will prevent this. But because I'm a good sport, I'll allow you to try and lynch them during the day."

"What if we lynch you instead?"

"Why do you keep talking? And what are you talking about?"

"Well, what if we just ignored the scum and lynched you. Then we could declare ourselves the winner anyway."

"... You're a sly one, but no. There will be consequences if you try to lynch me when there is scum still around. And they will protect me at all costs. Now, as I was saying. You may vote every day who you want to lynch, and they will die in a horribly painful way. At night, my minions will kill someone in a horribly painful way. Although, many of you seem to have a few skills to use at night too, so, if you want to amuse me, you can try to use them to help you achieve the impossible. But its really already over. Give up."

"Is that why my role PM included a bunch of taunts about how I couldn't win at all?"

"Yes. Yes it is. Its also important to note that I will personally be seeing this through to the end. See? I have a role PM and everything."

Teksura The Bastard Mod wrote:

Code: Your Role is: The Bastard Mod

Aligned with: Scum

Will appear as: The ****ing mod you nitwit (Scum)

Will flip as: The Bastard Mod (Scum)

Ability: When lynched, town wins. Does not count as a scum in outnumbering the town. In the event of a deadline tie vote, the mod casts the tiebreaker.

You are me, The Bastard Mod, you're pissed off at everyone for their idiocy, and have sworn to take vengeance on them. Because you're the mod of this game, you can't possibly lose. Probably. I'm pretty sure you've managed to set up this game so that nobody can win. I hope so, this will be a pretty crappy vengeance if someone does win. Why the hell do you even need to write a role PM to yourself anyway? Oh well.

You are allowed to discuss the game with players, and try to lead them astray. However, everyone knows you're scum, so, they may not be willing to trust anything you say. They may very well ignore you all together.

You do not count as a member of the scum when outnumbering the townies because you're not on the list of players. Furthermore, you can't vote. However, you may cast a tiebreaker vote if a deadline approaches and there is a tie. Just make up some reason to justify it, or tell people there is a reason, or whatever. Point is you break the tie.

You know who the scum are, but you may not speak with them at night, or discuss the game with them. At all. They may ask questions about the mechanics, but you may not approach them at any time with advice. This is because Mister Blocky was a jerk and said you really shouldn't be advising them. We'll get him next time.

To further add to the confusion, you have gimped the town ability to scum hunt by giving everyone a list of stuff about them. This wasn't suppose to be in their Role PM, but everyone got it anyway. Oh well.

The Role Name and Aligned with are their true role name and alignment.

Will appear as is what they look like to an investigator.

Will flip as is what their cardflip will be.

Yeah, that should screw with them good. They won't even know how many scum are remaining as a result of that, and they'll never know if it is safe to lynch you or not.

You win. Period. Nothing the town can do will prevent this. They will never be able to successfully lynch you.

icon_exclaim.gif All players are allowed to edit their posts as much as they like. I do not care.

icon_exclaim.gif Once a majority has been reached, it becomes twilight. Discussion may continue, but votes may not be changed

icon_exclaim.gif Some things trigger on a lynch, that involve a choice from a player. The period between the lynch scene and the scene that shows the result of their action is called dusk. No posting is allowed at this time, for any reason. Period.

icon_exclaim.gif Night will follow the end of the lynch scene. There is no posting allowed in the thread at night.

icon_exclaim.gif Do not trust anything I say. This includes this line right here, meaning you can't trust that I say you can't trust me. So you really should trust me.

icon_exclaim.gif You are allowed to quote the [code] section of your role PM, but not the entire thing. The reasons for this should be obvious. You're allowed to paraphrase though.

Everyone got that? Good. You may begin losing this game now:

Sample of page 81 that reveals the role of that game. What perked my interest was the flavor of the PM.

No Man the Bodyguard wrote: Code: Your Role is: Bodyguard

Aligned with: Town

Will appear as: Tough Guy (town)

Will flip as: Bodyguard (town)

You are a Bodyguard, and you are going to lose this game. Seriously, you don't stand a chance. Nothing you can do will possibly have any effect on the outcome of the game.

But, I can see you're the stubborn type, and you're determined to try anyway.

Each night, you may chose someone to protect. If they are targeted by a nightkill, you ill die in their place. And it will be painful. Very, very painful. You shouldn't even bother.

Vote Count

No Lynch (1) - Smashnouth

Klecko (1) - CTM

Slats (2) - Klecko, JiF

EY (1) - Pac

Vicious (3) - Slats, Irish, JVoR

7 to lynch, deadline Wed. at 9pm

Hey, Verbal - was that your game as well? Or did you just steal that opening post for X-Men? :eek:

Yeah, Slats, Im still not following. I think you are misreading Vic.

Wow. I'm pressed for time. We've both quoted the post where Vic suggests holstering this post-lynch-kill power if you have it. Even he now understands why I made the case against him in the first place:

Which, no offense Vic, is a sort of a convenient out at this juncture. Now that the role is completely explained, you're on board with it as everyone else seems to understand it. Hope you understand.

But that said, I'd be willing to unvote and lynch Klecko, who seems to be completely in the dark about said role.

Wow. I'm pressed for time. We've both quoted the post where Vic suggests holstering this post-lynch-kill power if you have it. Even he now understands why I made the case against him in the first place:

Which, no offense Vic, is a sort of a convenient out at this juncture. Now that the role is completely explained, you're on board with it as everyone else seems to understand it. Hope you understand.

But that said, I'd be willing to unvote and lynch Klecko, who seems to be completely in the dark about said role.

Of course it looks convenient. I also said I'm ok with getting lynched to prove that well, this game is going to take a lot of trying to choose wisely. Once I go I'm pretty sure the town will be like "Oh ****, that sucks." Namely because it's going to make things tougher. The truth is we're going to have to take our chances on it, I'm willing to be lynched to prove the point in a way.

Do we have anyone who has been relatively inactive? Or has everyone been participating.

What if slats is right though and you can't really holster the ability? What if it works like this: if you get lynched you either choose someone to kill or the mod kills someone at random.

this.

is most likely..

unvote

Vote: Nolynch

need it to be unanimous here..

So since I don't know about the role that proves I am a commie?

Not one time it wouldnt . Maybe it takes more than one no lynch . Doggin obviously gave out roles, EY claims he could take someone out with him in that case you test the waters with a no lynch. Doggin probably allowed for that.

Thats why I called for another quick No Lynch that would answer alot of questions IMHO.

I think this is just a scare. We need to hold our ground. People made refrence to McCarthy as did Doggin McCarthy had no evicence and created a scare why not Doggin ?

Sound Familar Chan ?

Archived