So THIS is the guy we should trade for?

Matt39

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brandon Marshall showed in that video that he is the elite WR some of us say he is. I'd love to hear reaction from the "he's only good because he plays with Cutler" crowd after watching that.

Fingertip grabs, breaking TONS of tackles, making people look flat out silly 1-on-1 and 2-on-1, getting out of gang tackles, blowing past CBs on fly routes. The guy is an animal. I hate to endorse getting a player that's pulling what he's pulling right now but lets fact it, this guy is a top 5 NFL WR and makes the Jets a legit contender. Get this guy or get Braylon Edwards and call it a day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Marshall#Legal_trouble

According to my count it's only around 7.

He's made some stupid decisions without a doubt. I don't see how they list him as being involved in an incident in which somebody he is with gets shot because of something his cousin did. They may as well have listed every person in the club that night as being involved.

Oh, and an illegal lane change? Seriously?

The domestic issues raise a red flag more than anything to me. I'm not a fan of having woman beaters on the roster. I know some peole are fine with it but I have a hard time rooting for somebody like that. Problem is, unless details of the incident are released we don't know it wasn't just an argument that led to his fiance calling the cops or not. Anything is considered domestic abuse nowadays and there's a difference between grabbing somebody by the wrist in the heat of an argument, and beating the living **** out of them to prove what a tough guy you are. Neither is right, but one is obviously far less acceptable than the other.

Theres 3 sides to every story. This guy obviously needs a change of scenery and fast. Id love for him to be in street clothes on the sidelines Saturday night as a JET. Tanne go get him. Cutler left for a reason it looks like Marshall wants out also.

I don't know man, who knows he story, but whatever it is, that video shows a world class deuche. All I know is, I have had a lot of jobs in my life, some sucked, but if I had a job and was getting paid, I did that job to the best of my abilities and wanted to be the best, didn't matter if i was 15 selling tshirts for 3 bucks on canal street in chinatown or working on wall street on an equity trading desk. Pulling this chump crap just shows he has no brains whatsoever. And in my experience, if someone is that level of stupid, you can't teach them out of that hole, stupid is as stupid does. Say what you want about TO, that guy wants to compete and show the world he is the best no matter how pissed he is, I doubt you would ever see him pulling that crap and making himself look like a scrub. This Marshall kid has born-to-lose written all over him.

Unless there's some under-the-table stuff going on through his agent. It wouldn't suprise me if a team start digging around to see what kind of contract Marshall is looking for.

A few millie, some bling, a few bags of singles each week during the season to make it rain in the strip club packman style, and a nice set of chromed 26inch asante rims for his whip, and a reality tv show deal.

There has been some chatter that he would be happy with a deal similar to Roddy White's. 6 years/$48M $19M guaranteed.

I don't see the point. If we wanted a head case for a ton of money, then why not pursue T.O.? He'd be a short term headache and we wouldn't be wasting a draft pick to sign him. Brandon Marshall could be great, but he can also be very destructive.

There has been some chatter that he would be happy with a deal similar to Roddy White's. 6 years/$48M $19M guaranteed.

I don't see the point. If we wanted a head case for a ton of money, then why not pursue T.O.? He'd be a short term headache and we wouldn't be wasting a draft pick to sign him. Brandon Marshall could be great, but he can also be very destructive.

So you'd choose a 35 Y/O head case with declining skills over a 24 Y/O head case who can be a HOF type of WR for the next 10 years?

So you'd choose a 35 Y/O head case with declining skills over a 24 Y/O head case who can be a HOF type of WR for the next 10 years?

I noticed you referred to Marshall as a HOF type of WR but not Owens.

Plus if you watch the TO Show you see that he's really got his sh** together now.

(ok, that last part was tough to type with a straight face)

Yeah, who the hell wants those guys who get open all the time, break tackles and turn 5 yd passes in 40 yd tds!

Yeah, but like...he's going to want to be paid to do all those things. That's so bad for the salary cap.

I noticed you referred to Marshall as a HOF type of WR but not Owens.

Plus if you watch the TO Show you see that he's really got his sh** together now.

(ok, that last part was tough to type with a straight face)

Okay, a 35 y/o HOF on the decline. My bad.

Great receiver but a jaywalk away from suspension. Don't know what kind of teammate he is. Anyone know anything about that?

Gut reaction is that even head cases can play for Rex but how long will he stay on the field and how will he affect young guys on the team.

Jusr raising a few questions to further consider.

Would i like to see him on the field in Green-of course but not at an excessive cost-no No 1's and nothing that would kill overall future drafts or cap killing contract.

And oh yeah-deal should be conditionned on morals contingent picks and and contract.

Great receiver but a jaywalk away from suspension. Don't know what kind of teammate he is. Anyone know anything about that?

Gut reaction is that even head cases can play for Rex but how long will he stay on the field and how will he affect young guys on the team.

Jusr raising a few questions to further consider.

Would i like to see him on the field in Green-of course but not at an excessive cost-no No 1's and nothing that would kill overall future drafts or cap killing contract.

And oh yeah-deal should be conditionned on morals contingent picks and and contract.

Then you're not getting Brandon Marshall, because that will not happen.

No, I'm saying if I want a nutbag WR I'll take the one that will only damage the team for 1 season rather than an eternity of cap troubles AND a first round draft pick. I'd prefer my coach killer to be under contract for only one year.

TO would have made the Jets a better team on paper. All the negatives that apply to TO apply to Marshall, except age, plus he's got the one strike away from suspension thing. On a short term deal, age isn't so important.

Marshall may be willing to turn around be a straight arrow, try hard and act the good teammate. They'd better be damn sure before they pull the trigger.

Then you're not getting Brandon Marshall, because that will not happen.

I cannot disagree but those should be conditions with teams like this. The team near the back bay could take a chance on a TO because they have a HC (who make be a cheat and SOB) but commands absolute respect, veteran team with few holes, winning program and vet QB leader but a with a team such as ours can we take a chance on a head case? That was the point-on our terms or pass on it.

I negotiate for a living and if the deal doesn't make sense move on to the next one.

I don't think they can trade him now without looking equally as stupid as he did in practice.

At this point they need to send him home like the bucs did with Keyshawn and let him sit the year out.

If i was the coach I would get him away from the other players ASAP

+10...agreed 100%

People try to tie the interest/pursuit of Marshall to Sanchez, but I think that's off base.

If the Jets are interested in Marshall it's all about 2009, not necessarily the future for Sanchez. If the Jets were strictly concerned about the future they would forego any exploration of a Marshall trade.

Next year's WR draft class is deep and there are, potentially, top flight WRs that would be available in free agency (ex. Edwards).

The Jets have a mix of veterans & young players. A play for Marshall would be more of a move to appease the veterans than anything else. The veterans are desperate to win now. Their primes are dwindling. Marshall helps them now. He should be on his best behavior for at least 1 year (TO was, so was Randy).

A play for Marshall is all about making the playoffs this year. Thus, from a Jets perspective, all you guys who say you'll be happy with or expect 7-9, 8-8 are on the moon.

I stick by this ranking:

1. Edwards

2. Bowe

3. Marshall

Edwards won't be available until next year (at the earliest) and Bowe's availability is a myth. Marshall is available and the Jets should pursue him, but the idea of trading a 1st for him is ludicrous.

The Broncos are not in a position of strength here. They shouldn't be given a premium on a premium player with all these other issues involved.

I'll be highly surprised if the Broncos get a 1st. I think it would be more in the 2nd-3rd round range AT BEST.

lol......mcdaniels really fu*ked that team up man. it's obvious marshall just wants out and is doing anything to just make the team trade him. i'd still like him here.....as long as he wanted to come here he'd be a great addition at receiver.

So cutting out all of the cancer is all of the sudden a bad thing? He may fall on his face but I completely agree with what he's doing. I wouldn't want either of those clowns on my team either.

I stick by this ranking:

1. Edwards

2. Bowe

3. Marshall

Edwards won't be available until next year (at the earliest) and Bowe's availability is a myth. Marshall is available and the Jets should pursue him, but the idea of trading a 1st for him is ludicrous.

The Broncos are not in a position of strength here. They shouldn't be given a premium on a premium player with all these other issues involved.

I'll be highly surprised if the Broncos get a 1st. I think it would be more in the 2nd-3rd round range AT BEST.

Hes 25 SMC why is it such a bad trade >? If your basing this on attitude I can understand that but talent wise this guy is easily top five in the league right now. hes going about this in the wrong way, no doubt very immature but that does not mean he wont take to his new coach and play his ass off.

Guys didnt Cutler Demand a trade ?

So did Boldin and Roddy White. The team doesn't have to roll over and Cutler demanded a trade because McDaniels tried to trade him and wouldn't even provide a nominal vote of confidence. Cutler seems like and immature douche, but he certainly was not handled properly this offseason.

Yes, because big bad Joshie wouldn't kiss his a$$ like everyone else does.

Hey Im with ya I cant stand Cutler.

I think hes going to be another Favre. Throw alot of TDs, get alot of wins, and make absolutely boned headed plays his entire career in the playoffs when you have to face 2 or 3 top defenses.

This guy should be suspended by the NFL...this is just embarrassing conduct and should not be tolerated by the league. If he gets his way other situations will pop up just like it

we won't end up with this guy Tyson-he's about to be suspended for 4 games for conduct detrimental to the team and ya know what? He DESERVES it. This little act of unhappy insurrection will end up costing him over a half a million dollars-$517,000 to be exact.

we won't end up with this guy Tyson-he's about to be suspended for 4 games for conduct detrimental to the team and ya know what? He DESERVES it. This little act of unhappy insurrection will end up costing him over a half a million dollars-$517,000 to be exact.

He's suspended for the preseason, and even if he was suspended by the TEAM we don't have to honor it if the little general suspended him in Denver.

I stick by this ranking:

1. Edwards

2. Bowe

3. Marshall

There is no way Edwards or Bowe are 1/2 the player Marshall is.

lol......mcdaniels really fu*ked that team up man. it's obvious marshall just wants out and is doing anything to just make the team trade him. i'd still like him here.....as long as he wanted to come here he'd be a great addition at receiver.

McDaniels has failed, as have all the BB clones, since Day 1! If we could get him for a 2, I would be happy. And the Broncs are not going into the regular season with him on the roster. The only thing is in a team sport such as football, he is hurting himslef with his selfish attitude.

He's suspended for the preseason, and even if he was suspended by the TEAM we don't have to honor it if the little general suspended him in Denver.

oh I hadn't heard that aec-but yea you're right it wouldn't affect his status after a trade.

Archived