Pyper's Power Rankings - Wk 3

Pyper

I could never put one of these together, but if I did I wouldn't have the Jets #1 (too damn scary for me), and I don't think I'd have Indy in the top ten. Yeah, they'll always be dangerous with Manning under center, but they looked extremely beatable last night. I get that you're going by what's happened so far this season, but there's just no way I see Indy beating Pittsburgh anytime soon.

That said, I really enjoyed the read. Thanks!

LIKE:

1) Good commentary throughout.

2) your bottom-feeder rankings of teams 23-32 and your top 5 (although I'm hesitant to put the Jets at 1). Spot on.

DON'T LIKE:

1) Colts at 6 and Chargers at 7. The Colts D is porous, and the Chargers are really lucky they aren't 0-2. I'd elevate the Niners to the 6-spot, and drop San Diego all the way down to the 10-12 range.

2) Steelers and Titans at 21 and 22. Both played a GREAT defensive game against each other week 1, the Steelers lost a close one on the road without Polamalu in week 2, and the Titans meanwhile flexed their offensive muscles. I'd bump the Steelers up to the 12-14 range, and Tennessee to about 18.

Good work.

Switch the Pats & Steelers and you got yourself a list!!!

Serious question though: you really think the Jets are playing like the best team in the NFL?

At first I had them at #4 but then I started thinking that their wins were more impressive than the three teams I had ranked ahead of them.

1) The Texans and Pats are 2-0 when not playing the Jets.

2) The Jets completely altered both teams style of play. Both teams are expected to be offensive powerhouses and the Jets held both offenses out of the endzone.

3) I prefer strong defensive teams over strong offenses. Great defensive play always seems to trump great offense.

4) The other top teams have all appeared flawed in some way. The Ravens got pushed by what most feel is a weak Chiefs team and then gave up well over 400 yards through the air to the Chargers. The Saints two wins are against the Lions and a backup QB. The Giants deserve consideration but I think the Jets just look better.

I'm telling you... This is all some kind of set-up.

You got me. This thread contains a virus that is currently downloading all of your banking info and transferring all your funds to secret account in Switzerland.

Thank you for supporting my drinking habit.

:cheers:

You got me. This thread contains a virus that is currently downloading all of your banking info and transferring all your funds to secret account in Switzerland.

Thank you for supporting my drinking habit.

:cheers:

how much does semen cost these days? ;)

I could never put one of these together, but if I did I wouldn't have the Jets #1 (too damn scary for me), and I don't think I'd have Indy in the top ten. Yeah, they'll always be dangerous with Manning under center, but they looked extremely beatable last night. I get that you're going by what's happened so far this season, but there's just no way I see Indy beating Pittsburgh anytime soon.

That said, I really enjoyed the read. Thanks!

I would agree with that. I think this is the year Indy falls out of the playoff picture. The Texans are my pick to win the South.

I also expect Pittsburgh to make their way back into the Top 10 or Top 5. But at this point their only win is against a winless team and they lost to a team that looked horrible the week before. Teams have to EARN their way to the top of my rankings and last year doesn't count for much.

Your wife asked me not to say.

Very original. If I were to follow your childish lead I would say something about your mother now............but I wont. She is probably a lovely woman.:rolleyes:

FWIW:

Your rankings were pretty well written.

Would have been more credible had the Jets been ranked 4th or 5th where they belong.

Archived