Justin Miller

Smashmouth

Seriously do we sign him now to return kicks ? Field Position for a running football team could mean the difference in a few games.

I think Shonn Green will be a better option at RB than Leon was. Lets face it Shotty did not do a good job utilizing Leon in the passing game like he should have and Leon is not the type of runner Greene is, Greene is a punishing runner and the 1-2 punch of Greene and Jones should be very interestiing. With those 2 running the ball hard we could use Woodhead as our Third down back sure hes no Leon in that respect but teams will have to watch his speed.

Dont we have like 4 guys with return experience?

Ahmad Carrol, Brad Smith, Dwight Lowery, you gotta imagine Leonhard can do it as well.

Justin Miller would be interesting. I'm just against using a roster spot for someone that is only used for one aspect of the game. Justin Miller is a waste of space outside kick offs.

Ahmad Carrol, Brad Smith, Dwight Lowery, you gotta imagine Leonhard can do it as well.

Justin Miller would be interesting. I'm just against using a roster spot for someone that is only used for one aspect of the game. Justin Miller is a waste of space outside kick offs.

in case you haven't noticed JiF we've had a couple of slots open up recently

Washington is going to be on IR so we'll have an extra spot.

Does anyone have any idea why Miller was never signed by anyone yet?

I think he would be a big plus ,espescially in games like yesterday when I was screaming at the bar tv from 1/2 time 24-0 to get Sanchize and all the other starters before the got injured ,screw the shutout save the guys for next weeks game had we put miller into replace a starter and Miller gets hurt latter in the game it`s not as bad a blow to the team.

we brought him and Cory Ivy in (after Lito and Strick went down) if you'll recall Mick-I guess we didn't think we needed either at the time....we may need him now-if he's still in football shape-hey at 25? Yea he's in shape. He does know Westhoff's schemes...I think it's a good idea to give him a look-see. He is an electrifying returner

in case you haven't noticed JiF we've had a couple of slots open up recently

I think he would be a big plus ,espescially in games like yesterday when I was screaming at the bar tv from 1/2 time 24-0 to get Sanchize and all the other starters before the got injured ,screw the shutout save the guys for next weeks game had we put miller into replace a starter and Miller gets hurt latter in the game it`s not as bad a blow to the team.

Again, I realize this, but thats not the point. I'm saying I dont like to carry a guy that is only a returner. Unless Rex really thinks that Miller might help out in the secondary, IMO, its a waste of space. Can anyone really expect Miller to return to a roster and be an elite kick returner.

Especially when we are struggling with depth and injuries, I would rather find our replacement on the roster with someone already being utilized in another fashion.

He was a real late cut. The Raiders actually signed him back to return kicks one game and then cut him again. He wasn't too succesful the game he did play. In the 17-18 yard range. I think he's a zero at CB. Sure he is listed as a CB, but so is Ahmad Carroll. Have you ever seen Batman playing DB with the Jets?

While I loved Miller at KR, I think the Jets have plenty of guys who can do the job who are already on the roster. The Jets need to fill up these roster spots with guys who can fill the voids on offense and defense, not as just a KR. Just consider all of the names we've seen return kicks for the Jets over the past 2 training camps that are still with the team: Brad Smith, Dwight Lowery, Ahmad Carroll, Danny Woodhead and Wallace Wright. Hell, even Revis has return experience (although Ryan should be shot if he thinks about using him there).

While I loved Miller at KR, I think the Jets have plenty of guys who can do the job who are already on the roster. The Jets need to fill up these roster spots with guys who can fill the voids on offense and defense, not as just a KR. Just consider all of the names we've seen return kicks for the Jets over the past 2 training camps that are still with the team: Brad Smith, Dwight Lowery, Ahmad Carroll, Danny Woodhead and Wallace Wright. Hell, even Revis has return experience (although Ryan should be shot if he thinks about using him there).

Why not just post the exact same thing I did next time.

:donk:

Why not just post the exact same thing I did next time.

:donk:

Miller is not just another kick off returner. He is one of the best in the NFL. I don't mind "wasting" a roster spot on a guy who averages over 25 yards a return and is a threat to take one all the way every time he touches the ball. And he may not be D. Sanders, but he can play CB. And with the injuries we have had at CB, you can't have too many of them.

Sign him.

Didn't he return two kickoffs for Oakland in half a season last year (after the surgery)?

Yep. Two TDs in 7 games, though to be fair I think the Raiders get more opportunities than most. He averaged 24 or so. That's 3-4 yards off his pro bowl season, but it's a yard and half better than Johnnie Lee Higgins had on the same team and this year they are averaging 16 yards per return.

Yep. Two TDs in 7 games, though to be fair I think the Raiders get more opportunities than most. He averaged 24 or so. That's 3-4 yards off his pro bowl season, but it's a yard and half better than Johnnie Lee Higgins had on the same team and this year they are averaging 16 yards per return.

33 KO returns in 7 games (not counting touchbacks, since they aren't returned) is a lot. But then, 2 kickoff return TD's in 33 KOR attempts is also a lot.

We could do worse than having Miller return kicks. He may be a lost cause as a DB but who knows for sure - the guy is still only 25.

33 KO returns in 7 games (not counting touchbacks, since they aren't returned) is a lot. But then, 2 kickoff return TD's in 33 KOR attempts is also a lot.

We could do worse than having Miller return kicks. He may be a lost cause as a DB but who knows for sure - the guy is still only 25.

I still want to give Gholston a chance to develop and I've pretty much given up on Miller as a CB, if that tells you anything.

Again, I realize this, but thats not the point. I'm saying I dont like to carry a guy that is only a returner. Unless Rex really thinks that Miller might help out in the secondary, IMO, its a waste of space. Can anyone really expect Miller to return to a roster and be an elite kick returner.

Especially when we are struggling with depth and injuries, I would rather find our replacement on the roster with someone already being utilized in another fashion.

JiF keep in mind how Important the return game and Field position is. Not to mention Miller knows Westoffs schemes. I dont know if we have anyone on this team as capable as Miller to return kicks and be a threat.

I saw mention of Clowney or Carroll and to be honest Clowney is too fragile to return kicks and carroll is no Miller

we brought him and Cory Ivy in (after Lito and Strick went down) if you'll recall Mick-I guess we didn't think we needed either at the time....we may need him now-if he's still in football shape-hey at 25? Yea he's in shape. He does know Westhoff's schemes...I think it's a good idea to give him a look-see. He is an electrifying returner

LOL I just saw this after I posted above guess we think alike :cheers:

I'm sure Sanchez would feel very secure dropping back to pass with Woodhead picking up the blitz...

THIRD DOWN BACK not full time running back like Jones or Greene 2 very different things.

Besides that keep in mind blocking is all about leverage and buying the QB a second or 2. If Wood is used on screen plays and such hes small enough to get lost in the play and create some havoc. Its all about the design.

Bleedin think of it this way. Who are we going to find to fill spots at this point in time ? Do we want a previous pro bowler on ST or a Jag to fill depth that may never see the field ? Miller keeps us a threat on ST we cant forget that fact nor should we take the field position game lightly.

Archived