Congrats to the NY Yankees

CrazyCarl40

They are the highest paid championship team in the history of sports! Way to go!

I'd say was happy for some of the Yankees, but any of the true Yankees like Rivera or Jeter have rings. Besides the guys like that, none of the other Yankees have redeemable qualities where it would make you say, man that guy deserves a ring.

Congrats to you Yankees fans though. Some of you endured 9 long years of championshipless baseball. Must have been terrible for you. ;) A lot of you were fairly decent human beings over the course of the season. Others, well, let's not get into that.

It'll be interesting to see what they will do with guys like Matsui and Damon, who despite their good seasons aren't going to be worth the money they'll ask for.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are the highest paid championship team in the history of sports! Way to go!

I'd say was happy for some of the Yankees, but any of the true Yankees like Rivera or Jeter have rings. Besides the guys like that, none of the other Yankees have redeemable qualities where it would make you say, man that guy deserves a ring.

Congrats to you Yankees fans though. Some of you endured 9 long years of championshipless baseball. Must have been terrible for you. ;) A lot of you were fairly decent human beings over the course of the season. Others, well, let's not get into that.

It'll be interesting to see what they will do with guys like Matsui and Damon, who despite their good seasons aren't going to be worth the money they'll ask for.

Great season and congrats Yank Nation!!!

Favorites from spring training to the end and the team did not crumble.

Your faith has been rewarded.

Any fan of a team who paid $40 million just to talk to a guy has no room to talk.

That being said, I quote Brian Cashman: "You can call us anything you like, you're also going to have to call us world champions."

GFY Carl.

220x166-alg_yankees_trophy2.jpg

Any fan of a team who paid $40 million just to talk to a guy has no room to talk.

That being said, I quote Brian Cashman: "You can call us anything you like, you're also going to have to call us world champions."

GFY Carl.

+1

end thread.....

GFY Carl.

Classy. I'm sorry if the truth hurts.

Oh, and even if you add the 40 million just to talk to a guy over the course of his contract, the Yankees still outspent the Sox this year by 75 million or so.

Classy. I'm sorry if the truth hurts.

Oh, and even if you add the 40 million just to talk to a guy over the course of his contract, the Yankees still outspent the Sox this year by 75 million or so.

And you've been incredibly classy all year. :rolleyes:

I'm not hurt at all. My team are the WORLD CHAMPIONS this morning. I am sure the Red Sox enjoyed watching the game last night. :Nuts:

This is eerily similar to the numerous post Jet/Miami game threads. Excuses, excuses, biatching and moaning. Just say congratulations and move on...or don't say anything at all.

Here is typical Sawx fan sentiment

Congrats to the Yankees fans. Nothin better than when your favorite team wins it all.

To the Sox fans, it's been a great 8-year run, starting with the 2001 meltdown by Rivera in Arizona and ending with the Yankees missing the playoffs last year. Sprinkle in the greatest choke of postseason history, a few other downright shockers (Florida, Detroit) and a daredevil flight by a Yankee player that ended with a crash landing into the side of a NY building and it was about as good as it could possibly get from this side of the table.

Let's hope we can start another successful run when the 2010 baseball season begins.

FU&K BOSTON

Congrats to the Yankees fans. Nothin better than when your favorite team wins it all.

To the Sox fans, it's been a great 8-year run, starting with the 2001 meltdown by Rivera in Arizona and ending with the Yankees missing the playoffs last year. Sprinkle in the greatest choke of postseason history, a few other downright shockers (Florida, Detroit) and a daredevil flight by a Yankee player that ended with a crash landing into the side of a NY building and it was about as good as it could possibly get from this side of the table.

Let's hope we can start another successful run when the 2010 baseball season begins.

FU&K BOSTON

Did someone at SOSH really post that? That is disgusting. It's beyond disgusting. This poster does NOT represent the city of Boston. Sure, the majority are Yankees haters - and vice versa - but no one but a true goon and major azzwipe would rejoice in someone's untimely death. I would hope that poster is banned immediately.

And after its all said and donw, guess what? THey are still champs!

Now **** off ****!

This is eerily similar to the numerous post Jet/Miami game threads. Excuses, excuses, biatching and moaning. Just say congratulations and move on...or don't say anything at all.

Talk about someone who needs to take her own advice. Jeesh.

Congrats Yank fans.

FU&K BOSTON

That's hilarious.

That would require an ounce of decency and class, crazy has none!

Wow. :yawn: What a zinger. :rolleyes:

I would say stick to football forum but you are equally inept and cluless in that place as well.

Really, so you are denying that Manny and Ortiz both tested positive?

If you insist on tossing out the HGH nonsense on Andy Pettitte, I'll just use the standard Pats fan Spygate defense: Everybody else does it. :Nuts:

Now piss off.

Not only World Champs in 2009, but in case you didn't notice, the end of another decade.

8 Division titles

4 AL pennants

2 World Championships

TEAM OF THE DECADE.

AGAIN.

Sorry, Boston. Soooo close, yet so far.

I'd agree that the Yanks are probably the team of the decade. Just seems given how much money they spent, they should have won more titles.

If you insist on tossing out the HGH nonsense on Andy Pettitte, I'll just use the standard Pats fan Spygate defense: Everybody else does it. :Nuts:

Now piss off.

Manny tested positive in LA and no one has any idea what Ortiz tested positive for. What this has to do with anything is beyond me, but I just wanted you to get the facts straight.

Now piss off.

Where have I denied their usage clueless one?

Nowhere.

Archived