New Here...

Mike Dee

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HA, and theres number 3.

The other guy who was mentioned about 7 times in the pm's I received, lol. Such a trouble maker. Or should I say a fellow "abuser". :Nuts:

Oh well, I hope that site swirls further into the 'toilet' abyss...

Here's to JN :cheers:

Is JI the only thing you guys talk about over here??

What can I say, Thor -- I'm nothing if not predictable.

I heard rumors of bannings on JI so naturally the most obvious thing to do is surf on over to the JN Lounge and see what the deal is. Ham Slamwich strikes again. Lots of internetz drama. I'll tell you the God's honest truth, I have never read one post that DWC has ever written. They're just too damn long.

Plus, I try not to read the rantings of a lunatic.

Anyway, carry on.

I heard rumors of bannings on JI so naturally the most obvious thing to do is surf on over to the JN Lounge and see what the deal is. Ham Slamwich strikes again. Lots of internetz drama. I'll tell you the God's honest truth, I have never read one post that DWC has ever written. They're just too damn long.

Anyway, carry on.

It's all good, Paulie. This whole place is filled with lunatics, so be careful.

Anyway, carry on.

Same here. Although the FF board has been a good place to vent for people and get the real scoop.

Why did you think Bergenjet stopped being a Mod over there?

I don't know... You guys give me more credit for paying attention than I deserve.

I only used the site as an outlet for jackassery. I didn't pay attention to drama, etc.

Learning all of this does sort of explain why the return correspondence I received last night was as nasty as it was. I can only assume that they figured there was something more subversive to my actions than was the case. Heck, I just wanted to be able to make jokes and talk **** to the other guys on the site... just about everyone there new my Dr. Zaius persona was all about toilet humor and smart ass remarks. I didn't realize anyone was taking this stuff so seriously.

Anyway, I have no hard feelings towards those guys. I think they just misunderstood where I was coming from. Its all good, life is too short for this... I'll just post here now instead. :D

I posted my absurd banning over there...

Almost 7K posts in 9 months...

All it took was one post about Buzz :rolleyes:

You got banned for the "every 30 days" comment? Sheesh...

I think my comments in that thread are what got me re-banned too... I was effing with JW all morning, but we PM'ed and he knew I was just kidding him. I guess Ham it all later in the day and didn't laugh.

Hey Zaius, I had no idea Sooth paid you on a freelance basis for the graphics stuff. Not that you didn't deserve it, but that's pretty nice of him. And you did do a great job.

Which also makes it bewildering that you'd get permabanned for something so silly.

Could Hammer be an even worse mod than Klecko? Is that even possible??

You got banned for the "every 30 days" comment? Sheesh...

I think my comments in that thread are what got me re-banned too... I was effing with JW all morning, but we PM'ed and he knew I was just kidding him. I guess Ham it all later in the day and didn't laugh.

I was p!ssed...

I found the irony in banning me for 30 days after it...

But a perma ban? Really? :rolleyes:

By the way, sorry to bring all this sh!t here... I'm still somewhat surprised...

I don't know... You guys give me more credit for paying attention than I deserve.

I only used the site as an outlet for jackassery. I didn't pay attention to drama, etc.

Learning all of this does sort of explain why the return correspondence I received last night was as nasty as it was. I can only assume that they figured there was something more subversive to my actions than was the case. Heck, I just wanted to be able to make jokes and talk **** to the other guys on the site... just about everyone there new my Dr. Zaius persona was all about toilet humor and smart ass remarks. I didn't realize anyone was taking this stuff so seriously.

Anyway, I have no hard feelings towards those guys. I think they just misunderstood where I was coming from. Its all good, life is too short for this... I'll just post here now instead. :D

You've hit on one of the key problems/challenges with message boards. Everyone has a different kind of interaction, purpose and perspective when they use them. Some people drop in occasionally to read a little and make a quick post. Others are on all the time, know everything going on, etc. In most cases, the mods are in the second group and follow lots of threads and conversations that span across multiple threads. They know about ongoing feuds between posters and hot button topics. But it's not as if everyone is privy to every thread, post, conversation or relationship between posters. There's a lot of history around these places and what you (and I occasionally) may think is an innocent ribbing or dig gets taken completely wrong and is interpreted as an insult or making fun of someone because of some history we may not know about.

I had this problem with Ham previously when I made a joke about the Power Rankings. What I thought was an innocent joke (and pretty damn funny I have to say) was taken as me insulting him, which was not my intention. But, since I hadn't been on the board a lot during the few days proceeding this I didn't realize that the Power Rankings had been slammed and a lot people, some with ill intention, had been ripping on it. So when I popped in and made a funny it set him off.

In any case, the cross pollination between posters on these two boards is getting crazy. It's reminding me of the Jets and Patriots who for a while were signing each others players every offseason. A guy gets banned at JI, he ends up here. A guy gets banned at JN, he goes there. What a cluster****! lol

I have to say that enjoy the boob threads in both places though! :cheers:

Hey Zaius, I had no idea Sooth paid you on a freelance basis for the graphics stuff. Not that you didn't deserve it, but that's pretty nice of him. And you did do a great job.

Which also makes it bewildering that you'd get permabanned for something so silly.

Oh, there are worse mods out there. I promise.

He didn't pay me for the banner graphics. He gave me free VIP membership and ad space. It was a trade. My labor, for his site features. Site features that don't cost him anything. I was giving more than I was getting.

He gave me one paid freelance project, but it wasn't related to JI.

I agree, it was silly to get perma-banned. I sent him a note asking what to do about the working relationship given the permaban, and he took it out of context and got pissed.

I'll give it some time and try to smooth it over with him. I'm sure he realizes how silly this is.

I'm surprised at that too. How is it not a joke to say that a mod seems to be on the rag that week? I thought it was funny as hell. Didn't Buzz even reply with "hilarious" ?

Yeah, I'm just not sure if it was before or after he banned me :rolleyes:

In any case, the cross pollination between posters on these two boards is getting crazy. It's reminding me of the Jets and Patriots who for a while were signing each others players every offseason. A guy gets banned at JI, he ends up here. A guy gets banned at JN, he goes there. What a cluster****! lol

So who's Larry Izzo?

Archived