Rally Beards???

Integrity28

Anyone else growing one?

I went skiing last weekend and didn't shave, and when I got home to watch the Jets/Bengals game I decided (influenced heavily by codeine and exuberance) that I would grow a RALLY BEARD just like the O-linemen.

It helped that I have been sick, and working from home most days.... but I did have to meet with 2 clients this week, so I had to clean it up around the edges, but I'm psyched to go about 4 weeks without shaving. It was great telling my NE based clients that I am growing a playoff rally beard for my Jets. One of them was cool, he said he forgot what it was like when the fans cared that much about the Patriots... now they all just expect perfect seasons or the throw fits.

At that point, I felt it was safe to point out that while the Jets are dreaming of the unlikeliest of SB runs... the Pats fans are whimpering about how the team won the AFC East and debating whether or not its a "rebuilding year" even though the team is in the playoffs!!!! WTF????

Personally, I believe completely that "rebuilding year" is revisionist history and front-office speak for a losing season. NOBODY comes into a season with intentions of NOT winning. Ask Jim Mora Jr. about rebuilding years. :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to the beard!!! I know players do it, I've never done it before... and I am realizing my beard hair is like blonde, red, brown and black!!!! WTF I must be some sort of Viking byproduct.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, back to the beard!!! I know players do it, I've never done it before... and I am realizing my beard hair is like blonde, red, brown and black!!!! WTF I must be some sort of Viking byproduct.

I have a red, brown and gray goatee

velkommen

Anyone else growing one?

I went skiing last weekend and didn't shave, and when I got home to watch the Jets/Bengals game I decided (influenced heavily by codeine and exuberance) that I would grow a RALLY BEARD just like the O-linemen.

It helped that I have been sick, and working from home most days.... but I did have to meet with 2 clients this week, so I had to clean it up around the edges, but I'm psyched to go about 4 weeks without shaving. It was great telling my NE based clients that I am growing a playoff rally beard for my Jets. One of them was cool, he said he forgot what it was like when the fans cared that much about the Patriots... now they all just expect perfect seasons or the throw fits.

At that point, I felt it was safe to point out that while the Jets are dreaming of the unlikeliest of SB runs... the Pats fans are whimpering about how the team won the AFC East and debating whether or not its a "rebuilding year" even though the team is in the playoffs!!!! WTF????

Personally, I believe completely that "rebuilding year" is revisionist history and front-office speak for a losing season. NOBODY comes into a season with intentions of NOT winning. Ask Jim Mora Jr. about rebuilding years. :rolleyes:

I am also growing my rally beard I puposly did not shave before going to the Bengals game because of the weather and decided to let it grow as I do this for the Rangers playoff runs why not the Jets. Oh and by the way my beard is black brown red and grey not just you.

If I started before preseason I might have been able to get something going. I haven't shaved in 10 days and still don't have a beard.

Really? I miss one day on shaving and stores start complaining when I walk inside with Mrs Crusher. Maybe I should lose some weight and stop walking on all fours?

So you look like "the man" from The Road?

the-road-movie-image-2.jpg

Not quite... however, by my calculation I would look pretty close to that if we are playing in the SuperBowl. So I am all for it.

I guess I should go get my self a cardboard box and a shopping cart... this is gonna be awesome!

Not quite... however, by my calculation I would look pretty close to that if we are playing in the SuperBowl. So I am all for it.

I guess I should go get my self a cardboard box and a shopping cart... this is gonna be awesome!

Don't forget the random kid. Have any kids you don't know about yet?

Don't forget the random kid. Have any kids you don't know about yet?

Nope. We've got a pet ferret though... nothing says quirky homeless guy like a random pet ferret appearing out of the sleeve of the sleeping bag you have turned into a coat.

Nope. We've got a pet ferret though... nothing says quirky homeless guy like a random pet ferret appearing out of the sleeve of the sleeping bag you have turned into a coat.

Oh man, my sister had ferrets. That's a PERFECT hobo pet, unless you have a pigeon or something.

I am also growing my rally beard I puposly did not shave before going to the Bengals game because of the weather and decided to let it grow as I do this for the Rangers playoff runs why not the Jets. Oh and by the way my beard is black brown red and grey not just you.

Same...I figured every little bit of facial covering would help ;)

Mine is just brown with a touch of gray on the chin though. All of you weird people with 3 and 4 different colors :P

back in my high school days (when it became an issue)

shave every day of the week but let it grow fri, sat, sunday

the tradition continued in college, after college (playing rugby) and even today

dont shave on game days

come monday win or lose it's gotta go

No trimming.

Its a bad economy, my company is in financial hell and I live/work in New England... I have to look presentable on the job.

I'm not going to get many people that are like "Oh, a rally beard for the Jets??? That's cool!" up here.

Archived