Latest excuse: Chargers threw the game

stoicsentry

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=77228

Un-freaking-real. You'd expect most of the posters to set the OP straight but most of them are into it.

Wow.. I don't think, in my entire jets message board career, I've read anything that dumb. And there's been some doozies obviously.. But the chargers threw the game to make fans ok with the team leaving SD. Really?

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day...

That the Dolphags fans crown as undisputed dumbest fans would be challenged!

It's going to go right down to the wire folks. Who will take thus un-coveted crown? Someone's sister/wife will be presenting the award to the winner.

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day...

That the Dolphags fans crown as undisputed dumbest fans would be challenged!

It's going to go right down to the wire folks. Who will take thus un-coveted crown? Someone's sister/wife will be presenting the award to the winner.

I like the morons that think Nate Kaeding has some association with the mafia and put $$$ on the JETS

Best moment in the thread is as follows... ChargersChica starts the thread, laying out her conspiracy theory. Then:

The alternative is that the Chargers are just THAT bad frown.gif

I'm a realist. If I thought the Chargers were "that bad", I would say so.

Ladies and Gentleman. She's a realist.

Best moment in the thread is as follows... ChargersChica starts the thread, laying out her conspiracy theory. Then:

Ladies and Gentleman. She's a realist.

LOL. I loved that part as well.

It's hilarious that they also posted a link about the 1919 Black Sox scandal and posters thought that validated the OP.

Of course, the idiot Chargers fans ignore the fact that in 1919, Baseball players needed to work another job and perhaps 2 during the offseason to support their families because the baseball salary wasn't sh-t.

But, these are people from Southern California, so we shouldn't expect facts, logic, or reason to get in the way of an argument.

I also liked the PSL argument.

The Chargers threw the game so the Jets could sell more PSLs.

That strategy is going to be a part of new stadium planning in the NFL.

She forgot the latino, good looking QB in NYC helping out international appeal aspect..

LOL. I loved that part as well.

It's hilarious that they also posted a link about the 1919 Black Sox scandal and posters thought that validated the OP.

Of course, the idiot Chargers fans ignore the fact that in 1919, Baseball players needed to work another job and perhaps 2 during the offseason to support their families because the baseball salary wasn't sh-t.

But, these are people from Southern California, so we shouldn't expect facts, logic, or reason to get in the way of an argument.

That's a great point. I didn't even think of it. I just thought it was ridiculous to go all the way back to the early 1900s to validate your team getting beat.

Those people need to seek therapy.

I'm serious.

also, they can dish out smack but can't take any

I received a six month ban for:

"The Chargers can use their talent to clean out their lockers tomorrow. The Jets, on the other hand, will begin preparations for the AFC Championship Game."

I had been on that board for almost four years and was never in any trouble until that post last night.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That may be the biggest joke I have ever seen. How could they possibly say that...and not just one of them...like 15 of them seriously thought a team would ****ing blow a playoff game.

Well Kaeding missed by soooo much, so clearly... I mean, a kicker never completely shanks a kick unless he has been bought off.

THis one is GREAT!

The Jets do stand to profit considerably from deep post season run with a new stadium and PSLs. Lets see - The Colts gave up a perfect season for them, the Bengals laid down twice for them, including 2 missed field goals in their Wildcard game. And now our highly favored Chargers blow a game that could have easily been won with a couple of kicks. Lets see if the Colts make some uncharacteristic mistakes or Viniteri misses some easy field goals next week. We shall see.

or this gem

1. After Jackson gets the unsportsman like penalty he is seen smiling and then winking at somebody. Why? Either he really doesn't give a crap about anything happening on the field or he knew he would be flagged.

2. Jets are moving into a new stadium next year and stand to make a lot of money off season tickets and Personal Seat Licenses. Nobody thinks they would have been able to sell these without this deep postseason run.

3. NFL doesn't want a team thats about to relocate to win the championship so close to the time they are moving.

I'm still stunned by that thread. On the other hand, I should never be taken by surprise with the level of stupidity of people.

I just wish people with think things through before they post or come up with crazy ideas.

So Nate Kaeding and Vincent Jackson are going to risk life time bans for throwing a game? Rivers has to be in on it because he threw that horrible INT to Leonard.

Archived