Jay Feely is gone to the Cardinals...

gg

I know its the offseason and we are all jonesin for Football, but this long of a debate on Jay Feely vs. Nick Folk vs. Pat Leahy is sad.

As you insist on participating.

The difference between Feely and Folk are slight.

Feely ('09) from 30+ yds: 24-30 (80%); 40+ yds: 12-15 (80%); long 55

Folk ('09) from 30+ yds: 17-33 (51%); 40+ yds: 6-14 (42%); long 51

Both are expendable and easily upgraded.

Its not hard to replace a FG kicker.

That's 100% speculative horsesh!t.

I expect if Folk doesnt show it in camp or preseason, then someone else will be here to kick.

That's profound stuff, Sherlock. And I love how you Feely dissers downplay the role of a kicker, though in your book he's first to blame for not tackling Ted Ginn (after 10 other Jets blew the tackle). Go figure. And not to mention the endless sniveling over field position, and the "disastrous," but uncommon, missed FGs. You guys talk from both sides of your mouths.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the fact that you would include jenkins and leon in a trade for janikowski tell me all i need to know about your football opinions going forward.

And likewise about yours, though I couldn't care less.

We played our best D without Jenks. He's a MRI waiting to happen, he doesn't play full games, never mind full seasons, and his body can't handle the load anymore. Oakland needs a RB, Leon is already unhappy in NY. The leg is unresolved. Think a little bit.

Janikowski is a freak of nature; the best complete kicker in the game.

You can't have everything. With the restrictions we have, wouldn't you rather lose the kicker than another key piece? Sure, it looks crappy and cheap now, but this allows us to sign another player. I'm fairly confident that the Jets don't simply prefer Nick Folk to Feely, so let's just see who we are able to sign now because of it before we decide.

We'll see who this frees up for us to sign, but come on, you guys are telling me you wouldn't trade Jay Feely for a solid rotational player on offense or defense? I liked Jay Feely, but a guy like that can be replaced with little dropoff and for cheaper.

As you insist on participating.

Feely ('09) from 30+ yds: 24-30 (80%); 40+ yds: 12-15 (80%); long 55

Folk ('09) from 30+ yds: 17-33 (51%); 40+ yds: 6-14 (42%); long 51

That's 100% speculative horsesh!t.

That's profound stuff, Sherlock. And I love how you Feely dissers downplay the role of a kicker, though in your book he's first to blame for not tackling Ted Ginn (after 10 other Jets blew the tackle). Go figure. And not to mention the endless sniveling over field position, and the "disastrous," but uncommon, missed FGs. You guys talk from both sides of your mouths.

Be honest, do you have sexy time with Jay Feely? And does he wear his gloves during sex as well?

Be honest, do you have sexy time with Jay Feely? And does he wear his gloves during sex as well?

Feely is the first kicker we've had in ages that didn't keep me at the edge of my seat, holding my breath, crossing my fingers, or closing one eye whenever he lined up to kick a 3. I appreciated that.

Folk is gonna be like watching Mackey Sasser throw out a runner.

I'll save it for you next season - when your insignificant dime-a-dozen kicker blows a game with a short kick or botched FG.

I dont care for Nick Folk either. Im on record as saying that he's going to stink it up in the meadowlands in December with the swirling winds and cold. If he couldnt cut it in a dome I dont know how he's going to cut it outside in the wind and cold. That being said, Im not going to cry a river because we let go of a kicker. Kickers are a dime a dozen. Feely was a good kicker, good special teams player, but he's easily replaceable. Kicker isnt like a QB where losing one changes the complexion of a team. So man up and stop whining. And please dont act like Feely didnt almost botch us out of a playoff spot ( v. Atlanta) and didnt miss 2 fgs in the Championship game. Get over it, stop acting butt hurt and move on fanboy. :rolleyes:

Who cares if Folk screws up? Just sign another kicker. How many kickers have the Colts and Saints gone through the past couple of years? They just plug a new one in whenever, it really doesn't matter. Nobody even knows who Hartley is, and I probably mispelled his name. I think the Colts just grabbed Stover.

Even as a serious fantasy football player, most people weren't getting these scrubs. I did though, because with a kicker opportunity is usually more important, talent wise they are all roughly the same. There are some awful ones but above a certain cutoff they are all bunched together, and you just look for one on a hot streak.

Feely is the first kicker we've had in ages that didn't keep me at the edge of my seat, holding my breath, crossing my fingers, or closing one eye whenever he lined up to kick a 3. I appreciated that.

Folk is gonna be like watching Mackey Sasser throw out a runner.

There has never been a Jets Kicker that has never made me NOT be on the edge of my seat holding my breath ect ect. There are no Mr. Automatics - all kickers are replaceable

Mackey Sasser -- ugh there is a memory I would rather forget.

Kickers are a dime a dozen. Feely was a good kicker, good special teams player, but he's easily replaceable.

Again, that's 100% horsesh!t, or we'd be happy with every kicker we ever had.

And please dont act like Feely didnt almost botch us out of a playoff spot ( v. Atlanta) and didnt miss 2 fgs in the Championship game.

The entire team didn't show up vs Atlanta, but go ahead and focus on the "trivial" kicker, hypocrite. He won us two divisional games, and was a factor in getting us to the playoffs - or there would've been no AFCC (for the Jets). First things first. Oh, and never mind his misses; he's only a kicker, remember?

So man up and stop whining.

Get over it, stop acting butt hurt and move on fanboy. :rolleyes:

You need to get over your phony self, and stop being so full of it.

And likewise about yours, though I couldn't care less.

We played our best D without Jenks. He's a MRI waiting to happen, he doesn't play full games, never mind full seasons, and his body can't handle the load anymore. Oakland needs a RB, Leon is already unhappy in NY. The leg is unresolved. Think a little bit.

Janikowski is a freak of nature; the best complete kicker in the game.

i have thought a little bit. in about 10 posts you've proven to be one of the biggest jackasses on the board. you've made a number of personal attacks to cover up your weak posts. congrats....here's to hoping you're not here long since you just appear to be some assclown who can't have an intelligent discussion.

Again, that's 100% horsesh!t, or we'd be happy with every kicker we ever had.

The entire team didn't show up vs Atlanta, but go ahead and focus on the "trivial" kicker, hypocrite. He won us two divisional games, and was a factor in getting us to the playoffs - or there would've been no AFCC (for the Jets). First things first. Oh, and never mind his misses; he's only a kicker, remember?

You need to get over your phony self, and stop being so full of it.

The kicker (especially) and the 2 minute defense blew the Falcons game. The KICKER cost us a chance to change momentum in the AFC championship game.

kickers are replaceable. Now we can sign a FA, and I'm sure it's going to be more than 1M that Cimini thinks... because the Jets would have paid him 1M.

Nick Folk is younger, and has a stronger leg. He had a **** end to his 09 campaign, but was a Top 5 K in 2007 and 2008. We'll be fine.

Now that Feely is gone we can sign a UFA to a contract worth more than $2 million per. Veteran CB? DE? WR?

Great logic. You don't dump a key player unless you have a legit replacement. Rookies are unproven and are NOT legit replacements.

What does Feely have to do with Gholston? Just a comparision between a player who made a solid contribution that carried the team well into the playoffs just to be crucified for a couple bad kicks, and a player who's paid an obscene amount to contribute NOTHING - just to be awarded more time and patience from the very same critics.

The 19th ranked kicker, % wise, is the guy that carried us into the playoffs.

Forget the D.

Forget the running game.

It was the below average kicker I tell you!

And what makes that even more obvious, is the fact that Vernon Gholston sucks.

The 19th ranked kicker, % wise, is the guy that carried us into the playoffs.

Forget the D.

Forget the running game.

It was the below average kicker I tell you!

And what makes that even more obvious, is the fact that Vernon Gholston sucks.

not only that but ti think it's becoming increasingly clear that this greenerdaze guy is right...we should offer jenkins and washington for janikowski....and if that's not enough maybe we can get the deal done if we include our 2nd round pick as well.

not only that but ti think it's becoming increasingly clear that this greenerdaze guy is right...we should offer jenkins and washington for janikowski....and if that's not enough maybe we can get the deal done if we include our 2nd round pick as well.

Come on, lets not be ridiculous.

Obviously it would have to be our 1st.

The kicker (especially) and the 2 minute defense blew the Falcons game. The KICKER cost us a chance to change momentum in the AFC championship game.

kickers are replaceable. Now we can sign a FA, and I'm sure it's going to be more than 1M that Cimini thinks... because the Jets would have paid him 1M.

Yes, kickers are all the same :rolleyes:

Come on, lets not be ridiculous.

Obviously it would have to be our 1st.

yeah you're probably right......but tanny has been known to get some steals. so it's not unreasonable to think he can finagle al davis into trading janikowski for only jenkins, washington and our 2nd. if he pulled off that sort of coup it might be the biggest steal ever in nfl trade history. tanny would be considered a God forever imo.

Archived