Jay Feely is gone to the Cardinals...

gg

This makes sense for the Cardinals. Feely is a good player and Rackers almost lost them a playoff game.

The Jets on the other hand, just lost the division. We r F'd. This team cant go on without Jay Feely.

I would really like to know who started this myth that Feely is anything more than an average kicker with a choke-artist history. Its one thing to think that Folk sucks and that's the problem, but the Jets can easily replace Feely with anything as simple as an UDFA and not be suddenly losing games or getting cost the division because of it. Its a completely baseless argument. Its not like the Jets suddenly started winning game after game on the strength of their kicking since Feely took over, far from it.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pixel.gifleft_corner_player_news.gifARZ.gifNeil Rackers-K- Cardinals Apr. 2 - 1:44 pm et right_corner_player_news.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gif

The Cardinals reportedly had a contract offer of $2 million annually on the table for free agent Neil Rackers before signing Jay Feely on Friday.

$2M a year is a solid sum for a kicker, but Rackers' agent reportedly didn't reply to GM Rod Graves' emails for two weeks after the proposal was made. Color us surprised if Rackers gets substantially more on the open market.

Source: Arizona Republic

Rackers is a beast and available. Give me Rackers!, the guy is a damn good kicker and makes some huge FG's. Feely missed a couple of gimmes last year. Sign Rackers

The best kicker everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr almost cost us the playoffs with his misses against Atlanta.

Watch the game again man....that's not what happened.

Anyways you guys act like Feely was as bad as Folk in the clutch which just isn't the case.

Same arguments against Feely can be given even more so against Kaeding and Grahm and those are two great kickers..

Not that Feely is amazing it's more a question of is he better than anyone else we can get and the answer is probably YES

Anyways you guys act like Feely was as bad as Folk in the clutch which just isn't the case.

Same arguments against Feely can be given even more so against Kaeding and Grahm and those are two great kickers..

Not that Feely is amazing it's more a question of is he better than anyone else we can get and the answer is probably YES

Outside of the "Week 1 Curse", Feely is essentially the same exact player as Nugent, who was pretty much the same player as Doug Brien. Average kickers who will make most of the kicks they are supposed to make in easy situations, unreliable in the clutch and suck at kickoffs (although at least Nugent was capable of getting some air under his crappy kickoffs, so there weren't big returns). The Jets can easily find someone just as good, if not better, than Feely.

I liked Feely, he made some a lot of kicks and he was a tackling MACHINE :baby:

I'm pissed we didn't try to keep him, however I really like Rackers. Dude is a beast!

Outside of the "Week 1 Curse", Feely is essentially the same exact player as Nugent, who was pretty much the same player as Doug Brien. Average kickers who will make most of the kicks they are supposed to make in easy situations, unreliable in the clutch and suck at kickoffs (although at least Nugent was capable of getting some air under his crappy kickoffs, so there weren't big returns). The Jets can easily find someone just as good, if not better, than Feely.

That kick to make it 7-3 at SD was a very clutch kick. I think if he msises we end up losing even though it was in the 3rd qtr. he made clutch kicks for us, he had a bad game against Indy but that was really one kick in the 1st qtr. The kick in the 3rd qtr was a 50+ yd kick and you can't get on a kicker for missing one of those.

Nugent and brien were NOT reliable in the reg season, Brien had missed a chip shot at SD a week before he missed those kicks against Pitt. They are completely diffrent from what feely did for us.

Thanks gg.

Interesting, at least the Jets can go out and sign somebody now even if it is just in the low to mid tier range. Definitely seems to be what the Jets wanted to happen.

That is a really good point...

More excellent posting from the boss. I'm amazed we don't get charged a fee for such analytical genius. =D>

Posted at 3:42 PM on Tue., Feb. 23, 2010 |

Todd Archer/

As you've seen, Nick Folk is a member of the New York Jets. I was able to talk to the former Cowboys kicker in the last few minutes and Folk is excited about his chances with the Jets.

"I'm happy with the situation," said Folk. "I think it's one of the better situations in the league, especially after what happened last year. That didn't work out well but everything happens for a reason."

Folk's struggles were well chronicled during 2009. He missed 10 of 28 field goal tries before his release by the Cowboys after missing just seven attempts his first two seasons.

Off-season hip surgery slowed down his progress and the drafting of David Buehler, Folk said, accelerated his return, which led to some poor habits.

"Looking back on it, I wish I took care of it back in January," said Folk, who had the operation last May.

Since being cut by the Cowboys, Folk worked with his kicking coach, Chris Sailer, and said he found a minor issue that has seen a return to his inconsistency.

"I was leaning over too much at the start," Folk said. "I was taught to be aggressive to the ball but I was hunched over. It's like a golf swing and you're hunched over. It's hard to get through the ball."

Since then, Folk said he has hit the ball much better and much straighter. At his best he would hit the ball tremendously straight (think of those Buffalo kicks as a rookie). Last year at times he had a slice and a draw. And he said his kickoffs have improved greatly.

"I'm hitting them 5, 10 yards deep now," Folk said. "I know I can kickoff. If I can hit 60 yard field goals there's no reason why I can't kickoff."

The Cowboys did not approach Folk about returning and he wanted to go to a place where he could kickoff. He'll get that chance with the Jets, although they are not on the Cowboys' schedule.

"But the Super Bowl is back there," Folk joked.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...nick-folk.html

With the crazy rules this year this might be a smart move cuz it lets the Jets sign someone else. But the people who think Feely was a crap kicker are insane. He was one of the best kickers in the league. And it was fun having a kicker who wasn't a complete pansy on the field.

Love how the anti-Feely dipsh!ts are blind to the fact that he played a huge role in getting us into the playoffs.

Fact: In two seasons as a starter, overpaid 1st round hack Vernon Gholston has yet to average 1 full tackle per game, has zero forced turnovers, zero sacks.

Love how the anti-Feely dipsh!ts are blind to the fact that he played a huge role in getting us into the playoffs.

Fact: In two seasons as a starter, overpaid 1st round hack Vernon Gholston has yet to average 1 full tackle per game, has zero forced turnovers, zero sacks.

Calling the posters who are said they wouldn't miss Feely "dip****s" is a bit over the top wouldn't you say newbie?

Calling the posters who are said they wouldn't miss Feely "dip****s" is a bit over the top wouldn't you say newbie?

NO. Not at all.

I'd trade any combo of Ghost, Big Jenks, Clemens, and Folk (would've added Rhodes), and possibly Leon to Oakland for Sebastian Janikowski.

Get it done, Tannysaurus & Rex.

I love how the anti-Vernon Gholston dip****s think that he has anything to do with a discussion about the kicker.

I didn't see anybody anti-Feely here. He is a journeyman kicker that had a very good season for the Jets. If he got anywhere near $8.8M that the Jets may now spend on UFAs letting him go was the score of the century for the Jets.

I love how the anti-Vernon Gholston dip****s think that he has anything to do with a discussion about the kicker.

I didn't see anybody anti-Feely here. He is a journeyman kicker that had a very good season for the Jets. If he got anywhere near $8.8M that the Jets may now spend on UFAs letting him go was the score of the century for the Jets.

Not my fault you hadn't paid attention to earlier discussions, and which sides were taken by certain posters.

Stop whining, he's a ****ing kicker. No need to get nasty and start name calling because we let him go.

Not my fault you hadn't paid attention to earlier discussions, and which sides were taken by certain posters.

Trust me, with the direction this team is going, do you really think we are going to suffer at the PK position? Come on, this is the least we have to worry about.

And what, exactly, does this have to do with an average-at-best place kicker not being resigned to a large contract?

There will be rookie UDFA PK's who have a better year than Feely in 2010. Hopefully one of them will be playing for the Jets.

And what, exactly, does this have to do with an average-at-best place kicker not being resigned to a large contract?

There will be rookie UDFA PK's who have a better year than Feely in 2010. Hopefully one of them will be playing for the Jets.

Great logic. You don't dump a key player unless you have a legit replacement. Rookies are unproven and are NOT legit replacements.

What does Feely have to do with Gholston? Just a comparision between a player who made a solid contribution that carried the team well into the playoffs just to be crucified for a couple bad kicks, and a player who's paid an obscene amount to contribute NOTHING - just to be awarded more time and patience from the very same critics.

The difference between Feely and Folk are slight. Both are expendable and easily upgraded. I expect if Folk doesnt show it in camp or preseason, then someone else will be here to kick.

Its not hard to replace a FG kicker. Feely was a midseason aqusition.

I know its the offseason and we are all jonesin for Football, but this long of a debate on Jay Feely vs. Nick Folk vs. Pat Leahy is sad.

Great logic. You don't dump a key player unless you have a legit replacement. Rookies are unproven and are NOT legit replacements.

What does Feely have to do with Gholston? Just a comparision between a player who made a solid contribution that carried the team well into the playoffs just to be crucified for a couple bad kicks, and a player who's paid an obscene amount to contribute NOTHING - just to be awarded more time and patience from the very same critics.

Yeah, I see that all over this thread. People dumping on Feely while simultaneously saying how awesome it is that at least we still have Vernon Gholston. :rolleyes:

Feely's an average at best kicker. He's not a key player. He himself was picked up in midseason. There's always another kicker out there. Always. The Jets already have a young former pro bowler under contract, and will bring in a UDFA to compete with him for the starting job. If they both suck, there will be another 25-30 placekickers available at the end of the summer. This could hardly be any less of a big deal.

We got to the AFC Championship Game riding a rookie QB and RB, I'm thinking we can probably get by with a rookie kicker -if need be- in 2010.

Yeah, I see that all over this thread. People dumping on Feely while simultaneously saying how awesome it is that at least we still have Vernon Gholston. :rolleyes:

Feely's an average at best kicker. He's not a key player. He himself was picked up in midseason. There's always another kicker out there. Always. The Jets already have a young former pro bowler under contract, and will bring in a UDFA to compete with him for the starting job. If they both suck, there will be another 25-30 placekickers available at the end of the summer. This could hardly be any less of a big deal.

We got to the AFC Championship Game riding a rookie QB and RB, I'm thinking we can probably get by with a rookie kicker -if need be- in 2010.

Exactly, he's a role player, easily replaced, and because of one or two big moments, he is highly over rated by Jets fans.

NO. Not at all.

I'd trade any combo of Ghost, Big Jenks, Clemens, and Folk (would've added Rhodes), and possibly Leon to Oakland for Sebastian Janikowski.

Get it done, Tannysaurus & Rex.

the fact that you would include jenkins and leon in a trade for janikowski tell me all i need to know about your football opinions going forward.

Archived