Marshall to Dolphins for '10 2nd + '11 2nd

nycdan

The analysis is based on actual performance vs. the mean but I wouldn't expect a Dolphins fan to be able to understand anything past "big Receiver fast guy catch ball a lot."

bwhahahahahahahha

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They don't need to contribute right away (for this year yes), but they have to grab players that develop into good players. New England has been very hit and miss with its drafts the last few years and they need to make sure they grab players that, even if they take a year to develop, do make significant contributions to avoid the forseeable future scenario I mentioned.

Also you're right that Tuna is likely to leave next year, but bear in mind that Brady is not getting any younger. He probably has one (maybe two) years where he's still a franchise quarterback before he slips into the very good category (then good, and so on).

I believe Vollmer will be a stud and that Butler will be very, very good. Not Revis great - but very good. Edleman will get better too - Welker will be back next year....anyway, dynamics change from year to year regarding contract/Cap. No way would I ever make a blanket statement that says "forseeable future" unless I were talking about individual players...not teams.

Exactly. Miami Dolphin fans are just as dumb as the actual players.

damn dude, every jet fan on here has been resonable about this discussion except of course for you. This Marshall trade must bother you....you must of been one of the posters putting up his youtube highlights when it first became clear he was available huh?

damn dude, every jet fan on here has been resonable about this discussion except of course for you. This Marshall trade must bother you....you must of been one of the posters putting up his youtube highlights when it first became clear he was available huh?

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1552567&postcount=16

Brandon Marshall will be a Jet come draft day.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1555703&postcount=7

The Broncos and other teams know that he's one **** up away from a suspension. I'm sorry, but I'll take Brandon Marshall on this team anyday of the week.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1547811&postcount=51

The only players I would take over Marshall on that list is Fitz, Andre Johnson, and maybe Reggie Wayne. It's a close one between him and Jackson. Everyone else is clearly not better than Marshall.

Enjoy third place, Pats fans.

Revis vs. Marshall is like Ali vs. Frazier.

Revis vs. Fitzgerald would be like Ali vs. Frazier.

This like Ali vs. Mike Tyson in his ear biting days.

Jets still are set to run away with this division. All this move does is it gives New England someone to compete with for 2nd place.

Jets still are set to run away with this division. All this move does is it gives New England someone to compete with for 2nd place.

For what it's worth, Nnamdi says Marshall is the toughest guy he's ever had to cover.

All I can hear is...

2009: 101 receptions 1120 yards 10 touchdowns

2008: 104 receptions 1265 yards 6 touchdowns

2007: 102 receptions 1325 yards 7 touchdowns

I really don't get why it's so hard to admit that he's a great player. I was notciably upset about the Jets getinng Holmsebecause I think he's a good football player, but this ends any of that disapointment...

You want an honest discussion of the player's talents in one breath, then finish your post with this line:

Marshal is 10 times the player Holmes is.

10x? Really?

Holmes averages 4 more yards per catch over their careers, and is coming off his own 1200 yard season which included a Super Bowl MVP award.

Get over your bad self.

For what it's worth, Nnamdi says Marshall is the toughest guy he's ever had to cover.

Thats fine, but Marshall drops plenty of balls, too. He can be the toughest guy for Revis too, but at the end of the day he isn't going to put up good stats against Darrelle. Once in a while his size will win him the ball and he'll make a play, but for the most part he'll be stuck on Revis Island.

Not scared of Miami adding 1 WR.

If he had went to New England, that would've been an entirely different story with Moss on the other side. Whose on the other side in Miami? Brian Hartline? Davone Bess? LOL :rl:

10x? Really?

Holmes averages 4 more yards per catch over their careers, and is coming off his own 1200 yard season which included a Super Bowl MVP award.

Get over your bad self.

And Holmes pulled in 1248yds on 79 receptions while Marshall had just 1120yds on 101 receptions, while getting the most balls thrown at him than any other WR in the NFL.

Chew on that one. :yes:

Thats fine, but Marshall drops plenty of balls, too. He can be the toughest guy for Revis too, but at the end of the day he isn't going to put up good stats against Darrelle. Once in a while his size will win him the ball and he'll make a play, but for the most part he'll be stuck on Revis Island.

Not scared of Miami adding 1 WR.

If he had went to New England, that would've been an entirely different story with Moss on the other side. Whose on the other side in Miami? Brian Hartline? Davone Bess? LOL :rl:

I understand we play you twice and you do have the best defense and best corner and are definitley the best equipped to stop him, but we play 14 other games against other opponents that don't have Darrelle Revis. And with all due respect, we did beat you twice without B Marsh.

Figured you'd learned your lesson by now Joe. Tsk, tsk.

I understand we play you twice and you do have the best defense and best corner and are definitley the best equipped to stop him, but we play 14 other games against other opponents that don't have Darrelle Revis. And with all due respect, we did beat you twice without B Marsh.

The move makes Miami better, no doubt about that, but the one game you beat us was pure luck, and the first game you beat us you just had a tremendous, excellent game plan. The MNF loss was all on the Jets. The second game? All luck.

Both teams have gotten better, but the Jets have been getting better since Week 16 last year, and we've done more this offseason than Miami has to continue to improve, IMO. Our defnese is only going to be better in the 2nd year under Ryan, with the additions of Pool over Rhodes (possibly Sharper) and Cromartie over Sheppard/Lowery. Not to mention the offense has a young workhorse RB who unlike Thomas Jones can now break tackles.

Oh, and lets not forget the Jets will be getting back Leon Washington and Kris Jenkins.

Definitely a great move by Miami, he's a Top 5/6 WR.. but.. with Revis on this team, he is of no concern to me or the Jets, IMO. We still have a better team, on paper, and on the field, because even though you did beat us last season, we were 2 games better in the Regular Season and we did advance to within 30 minutes of Super Bowl XLIV.

Damn he's only 26, he's comming home to Florida and he just got paid...HE'S GONNA BEAST!!!!! I predict 108 rec. 1,448 yds. 15 TD's.

That's usually what leads players to have their worst seasons, not their best ones. :lol:

Are the fish prepared to throw the ball at him 200x this year? Because that's what it's gonna take for him to put up numbers like that.

So are you suggesting that you routinely get orally serviced by Tom Brady? :akf:

How do you think I afford all of my jerseys and my PSL's? He pays me to keep quiet. Us Michigan Men stick together, you know.

I believe Vollmer will be a stud and that Butler will be very, very good. Not Revis great - but very good. Edleman will get better too - Welker will be back next year....anyway, dynamics change from year to year regarding contract/Cap. No way would I ever make a blanket statement that says "forseeable future" unless I were talking about individual players...not teams.

I never said you made that statement, just that you weren't one of the ones convinced that New England had nothing to worry about this year.

Brandon Marshall is the best in the AFC East

But to say Hartline, Bess and Marshall is better than Cotch, Holmes, Edwards is just moronic

I will be worried if Ginn stays. That will really open the running game, and of course the TE

Nevertheless good deal by Phins, not great because they had to pay the man $50 Millllllllllllll

Brandon Marshall is the best in the AFC East

But to say Hartline, Bess and Marshall is better than Cotch, Holmes, Edwards is just moronic

I will be worried if Ginn stays. That will really open the running game, and of course the TE

Nevertheless good deal by Phins, not great because they had to pay the man $50 Millllllllllllll

Only a mega homer would say Hartline is better than Edwards.

Aqua if you're going to complain about Jet fans not looking at things objectively (and most of us acknowledge how good Marshall is), than at least return the courtesy. For all of Edwards's inconsistencies, don't tell me for a second that if the Jets offered Edwards for Hartline straight up that you wouldn't take it. Miami fans don't exactly have the best reputation in terms of looking at things objectively and if you were to tell me you'd rather have Hartline, you're living up to that reputation.

Only a mega homer would say Hartline is better than Edwards.

Aqua if you're going to complain about Jet fans not looking at things objectively (and most of us acknowledge how good Marshall is), than at least return the courtesy. For all of Edwards's inconsistencies, don't tell me for a second that if the Jets offered Edwards for Hartline straight up that you wouldn't take it. Miami fans don't exactly have the best reputation in terms of looking at things objectively and if you were to tell me you'd rather have Hartline, you're living up to that reputation.

31 rec. 506 yds. 3td's 16.9 ypc. Hartline

45 rec. 680yds. 4td's 15.1 ypc. Edwards

I agree Edwards is better but look at those 2 stat lines. Ones a mid round rookie and another is supposed to be a prow bowler. Here the thing too, Hartline started 2 games. I'm not ecpectin g many people to know about Brian Hartline but he's seems like he is going to contribute pretty well for the Miami Dolphins.

Santonio Holmes was 2nd to only Andre Johnson in 2009 with 21 catches of 20 yards or more.

Brandon Marshall? 11.

If it wasn't for all the off the field B.S. Santonio would have never been traded, he's a franchise WR and he's just comming into his own and he's an underrated kick/punt returner.

Archived