Marshall to Dolphins for '10 2nd + '11 2nd

nycdan

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Revisionist history is always easier to deal with. If you'll remember correctly, in the Monday Night game, the Phins commanded a 5 minute drive to end the game and it was your coach that was too stupid to call a timeout to slow us down. And in the 2nd game, when Miami needed a long drive ending in a TD to take the lead, they did. And when they needed a defensive stand to keep the Jets out of the endzone, they did. So yeah, make all the excuses you want, but Miami kicked the **** out of the Jets.

Last year is history. And when the Jets had the chance to play the Colts starters, they failed miserably, proving that they didn't even deserve their playoff spot.

Going 11-5 and winning your division and getting embarrassed at home in round 1 < Going 9-7 getting hot at the end of the year and making the playoffs and lose in the AFC championship game on the road with a very bright future ahead.

Stop envying the Jets future and hating on last year thanks.

Good move by the Fins. Definitely improves them.

LOL at Crashingjet as always. The Fins "kicked the Jets asses" by a combined 9 points in 2 games.

Fin fans are the best.

And yes, it does. I agree with everyone that we have 24. At the same time, the other teams don't -- so he'll be very effective against anyone else, IMO. He's a very, very good WR. Dolphins were set to struggle this year, I felt like, and may have turned things around. They still need a good draft to add some defense, though.

No, the Jets have made solid moves in regards to their starters. You've got the new 7-6-5 CB, a suspended WR and an aged RB who is on the downside of his career. I think what the Jets have done is exceptional.

Wow, I can't believe I didn't see this before. You have a SERIOUS inferiority complex. You're just trying WAY too hard to convince yourself that everything the Jets do sucks and the Dolphins do is brilliant. Cromartie's fatherhood has nothing to do with anything, I'm sure Holmes will be just fine for the other 12 to 16 games he does play this year and you'll have to pardon me if I'm not in tears over what you think of our backup RB. I find it ironic coming from a Dolphin fan given their best RB is an over-the-hill pothead who was out of the league for a few years. On the flip side, you're just thrilled about your expensive acquisition of the biggest crybaby, temper-tantrum throwing WR in the entire league. Go figure.

Revisionist history is always easier to deal with. If you'll remember correctly, in the Monday Night game, the Phins commanded a 5 minute drive to end the game and it was your coach that was too stupid to call a timeout to slow us down. And in the 2nd game, when Miami needed a long drive ending in a TD to take the lead, they did. And when they needed a defensive stand to keep the Jets out of the endzone, they did. So yeah, make all the excuses you want, but Miami kicked the **** out of the Jets.

Last year is history. And when the Jets had the chance to play the Colts starters, they failed miserably, proving that they didn't even deserve their playoff spot.

You are a moron. Seriously. Its not even an insult, just a statement of fact. There is no revisionist history, what I said is exactly what happened. Both games the Dolphins had to pull it out of their ass late to keep from losing. You just said as much yourself, no matter how impressively you tried to work it from the Dolphins standpoint, you still admitted as much. That's not "kicked the **** out of". Not by any possible definition. Outside of the definition of a ****ing moron Dolphins with a MASSIVE inferiority complex.

Does anyone have any info on this Marshall guy we picked up? :D

yeah it appears he has the most balls thrown his way and still needs 100 receptions to eclipse 1,000 yds. so in other words he needs to be about 40% of the entire offense to be productive.....:D

Well, the fags had to do something soon. Listening to talk radio down here, fag fans were getting ready to burn down their stadium this offseason...good move, but not worried going up the number one defense who has only played one year in the coach Ryan scheme...bring it on b itches.

You are a moron. Seriously. Its not even an insult, just a statement of fact. There is no revisionist history, what I said is exactly what happened. Both games the Dolphins had to pull it out of their ass late to keep from losing. You just said as much yourself, no matter how impressively you tried to work it from the Dolphins standpoint, you still admitted as much. That's not "kicked the **** out of". Not by any possible definition. Outside of the definition of a ****ing moron Dolphins with a MASSIVE inferiority complex.

it's surpriseng too since getting the sh*t kicke dout of you in something dolphins fans should know much about. just look at their last few play-off games. the ravens raped them the raider shut them out and the jaguars almost made them leave the league for the cfl.

The Dolphins went 7 & 9 last year. They only beat Buffalo and Carolina by more points than they beat the Jets by in both games. From a Miami perspective they did blow the Jets out.

He's being truthful from a Miami perspective. When your team sucks every win by more than a point or two is a bowout victory in today's NFL.

I've read their shipping Ginn off.

Now the Phins just have to find someone to throw him the ball. :)

Did you miss Henne carving you up on MNF last year?

I love how all the Jets fans here are trying to shrug off that the Dolphins just nabbed one of the best WRs in the league and they didn't even give up a first round pick. Now we're probably gonna get a killer LB with our #1 to go with Dansby and Cam Wake. Don't be scurred Jets fans. The AFC East will be a dog fight next year.

Skip Bayless kills me. He says Brandon Marshall makes the fins a game better than the JETS and 3 games better than last year. Really? With their suspect defense? 1 WR changes the complexion of the AFC East, gtfoh!

This move no question makes Miami better. No question. However, since we have Darrelle Revis, it is of no concern to us.

yeah like someone else said.....a team with one good receiver isn't too much of a concern. it's teams like the pats and the colts who have really really good #2 and #3 receivers and elite qb's who are a much bigger problem. and even now with our secondary being much better than it was last year we should be better in that regard too.

I love how all the Jets fans here are trying to shrug off that the Dolphins just nabbed one of the best WRs in the league and they didn't even give up a first round pick. Now we're probably gonna get a killer LB with our #1 to go with Dansby and Cam Wake. Don't be scurred Jets fans. The AFC East will be a dog fight next year.

Scared? Really? The JETS are the early darkhorse team to represent the AFC in the Superbowl next year according to most people. Brandon Marshall is an excellent pick up, but we're still so much better player for player it's not even close. I think the team that should be worried right now is the Patriots. Their heads must be spinning right now trying to fathom how overnight the Phins & Jets got better than them.

Skip Bayless kills me. He says Brandon Marshall makes the fins a game better than the JETS and 3 games better than last year. Really? With their suspect defense? 1 WR changes the complexion of the AFC East, gtfoh!

Odds of baby jesus ever saying anything good about a Sanchez-quarterbacked team are nil. Dude thinks Troy Aikman is gay for god's sake.

No it won't. The Jets will win it at 12-4 or better. The Pats will be second at 10-6. The Dolphins will battle it out with Buffalo for third after Brandon Marshall flips out and beats the living crap out of a Miami cheerleader on national television.

Yeah you gave up TWO 2nd round picks!

Let the clown parade begin...

I'm guessing they didn't give up two 2nd's to not get him signed long term? Marshall and Henne will be together a long time. Marshall is a great talent and if they can get the money issues off the tabel it's a very good move to put young top talent together with their young franchise QB early on.

Scared? Really? The JETS are the early darkhorse team to represent the AFC in the Superbowl next year according to most people. Brandon Marshall is an excellent pick up, but we're still so much better player for player it's not even close. I think the team that should be worried right now is the Patriots. Their heads must be spinning right now trying to fathom how overnight the Phins & Jets got better than them.

Yout think the Fins are better than the Pats?

Archived