Marshall to Dolphins for '10 2nd + '11 2nd

nycdan

I'm guessing they didn't give up two 2nd's to not get him signed long term? Marshall and Henne will be together a long time. Marshall is a great talent and if they can get the money issues off the tabel it's a very good move to put young top talent together with their young franchise QB early on.
My response was because the clown said they did not even give up a 2nd.

He changed it to a 1st though.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scared? Really? The JETS are the early darkhorse team to represent the AFC in the Superbowl next year according to most people. Brandon Marshall is an excellent pick up, but we're still so much better player for player it's not even close. I think the team that should be worried right now is the Patriots. Their heads must be spinning right now trying to fathom how overnight the Phins & Jets got better than them.

I think your roster was better last year too when we beat you twice, but whatever.

I think the Jets and their fans were starting to feel comfortable and even a little c-ocky that they had the AFC East wrapped up.

I was browsing here the other day and you guys were mocking the Fins for not making many moves. Now they make a HUGE move for one of the elite WRS in the league and a lot of people are shrugging it off. That doesn't strike you as a "scared" or "nervous" response?

I'm not saying you should view us as the team to beat. I'm saying it is still a 3 horse race.

This move, along with Big Ben, just reminds me that in the NFL, you're better off sexually assaulting or beating the crap out of a woman than you are smoking a joint.

Seems fair.

I couldn't let this post go without comment. This is a sad fact in today's NFL.

Santonio Holmes will be suspended for four games and is one violation away from yearlong suspension while Ben Roethlisberger pays off his latest victim (you really think the girl voluntarily dropped the charges?) and gets a stern talking to from the commissioner and Brandon Marshall prepares to get what will no doubt be the largest contract ever tendered to a wide receiver.

The NFL: Beat your wife or rape some chick in a bathroom - get a slap on the wrist and/or a raise! Smoke a joint - die you worthless scumbag POS!

I think your roster was better last year too when we beat you twice, but whatever.

I think the Jets and their fans were starting to feel comfortable and even a little c-ocky that they had the AFC East wrapped up.

I was browsing here the other day and you guys were mocking the Fins for not making many moves. Now they make a HUGE move for one of the elite WRS in the league and a lot of people are shrugging it off. That doesn't strike you as a "scared" or "nervous" response?

I'm not saying you should view us as the team to beat. I'm saying it is still a 3 horse race.

Na, while it's a great move by the Phins, I believe Revis can/will lock him up. Also love the fact that "baby TO" will be on a team that's run by BP in South Beach no less. Should be fun.

My response was because the clown said they did not even give up a 2nd.

He changed it to a 1st though.

I'm not really cought up in all the trash talk back and forth. I think if you look rationally at the Dolphins they have a good young team, an excellent running game if Brown is healthy and a good young QB. Where they clearly were weak is at WR and CB. I think their big problem at CB was more youth than talent at WR it was simply talent. This is a huge upgrade for them and I do think they must have had some contact about a long term deal with that level of commitment on the trade side.

I think the Dolphins are going in the right direction as are the Jets. I don't think NE is done because let's face it they have a veteran top end QB and both the Dolphins and the Jets have young QB's both of whom will have their moments and give away games. Growth of young QB's is not a straight line proposition, it's usually fits and starts with some backsliding. Our division is going to be a tough 3 team race. We can't expect to make the playoffs with a lossing record in the division or by assuming we are heads and shoulders better than Miami or NE. The final rosters are far from done and health is another huge issue.

Well, now that were the best team in the NFL, i wonder what pieces we add in the draft. I'm guessing were going Defense.

Kicker. That and one long-snapper away from the Super Bowl, obv. I hear a mighty fine former Jet is available, too.

Dude, I never shrugged at your move, I've said twice it's an excellent move by the Dolphins. Regardless of that, Im not fazed by it too much since we have the luxury of having the best cover corner in Darrelle Revis. Revis has shut down physical WR's like him all last year ( T.O, Ocho,Smith, Johnson) so why should we blow a gasket. As I said, the team that should be worried is the Pats. While the Phins & JETS get better they are standing pat with their dicks in their hands. The Bills were never relevant. It should be a great season.

I'm not really cought up in all the trash talk back and forth. I think if you look rationally at the Dolphins they have a good young team, an excellent running game if Brown is healthy and a good young QB. Where they clearly were weak is at WR and CB. I think their big problem at CB was more youth than talent at WR it was simply talent. This is a huge upgrade for them and I do think they must have had some contact about a long term deal with that level of commitment on the trade side.

I think the Dolphins are going in the right direction as are the Jets. I don't think NE is done because let's face it they have a veteran top end QB and both the Dolphins and the Jets have young QB's both of whom will have their moments and give away games. Growth of young QB's is not a straight line proposition, it's usually fits and starts with some backsliding. Our division is going to be a tough 3 team race. We can't expect to make the playoffs with a lossing record in the division or by assuming we are heads and shoulders better than Miami or NE. The final rosters are far from done and health is another huge issue.

This is a very fair and unbias analysis....you are spot on sir.

Did you miss Henne carving you up on MNF last year?

I love how all the Jets fans here are trying to shrug off that the Dolphins just nabbed one of the best WRs in the league and they didn't even give up a first round pick. Now we're probably gonna get a killer LB with our #1 to go with Dansby and Cam Wake. Don't be scurred Jets fans. The AFC East will be a dog fight next year.

Marshall is without a doubt a top wr in the NFL. He will help your offense. That being said, if the phins beat the JETS twice every year, but the JETS end up in the championship game and the phins are home watching, I'll take that every time.;)

Yout think the Fins are better than the Pats?

Dude, the Pats have nothing @ WR. Randy Moss the HOF'mer yes, but who do they have after him? Welkah won't be back until mid season allegedly. Julian Edelman? Aiken? who are these people? The Patriots also have a ****tier defense than the Phins do. Take that how you will. :)

Great move for the Phins.

Sad that you can barely discuss football with a bunch of retard fans who want to dismiss everything the Jets have done. And how this one move, which by the way, WE HAVE A SOLUTION FOR, makes them the best team in the division.

The Jets and Phins are on the way up. The Pats on the way down. The ball is STILL in Miami's court when it comes down to strengthening their defense. Their NT is gone for 8 games, funny how no one has mentioned that when they bring up Santonio.

Dude, the Pats have nothing @ WR. Randy Moss the HOF'mer yes, but who do they have after him? Welkah won't be back until mid season allegedly. Julian Edelman? Aiken? who are these people? The Patriots also have a ****tier defense than the Phins do. Take that how you will. :)

the pats have liek 10 picks in the first 3 rounds of like the best draft ever this year. its gona be a slobber knocker in the afc east this year.

Being happy that Marshall is a Dolphin for exactly the same reasons I didn't want him to be a Jet strikes me more as a 'rational' response.

the pats have liek 10 picks in the first 3 rounds of like the best draft ever this year. its gona be a slobber knocker in the afc east this year.

Just because you have a bunch of draft picks doesnt mean you're going to be better automatically. They had a bunch of draft picks last year and wtf did they do with them?

I gree with all that, again my initital comment was made because he said they did not even give up a 2nd. By the time I posted he corrected it and I deleted my post.

You must have picked up on it before the change was made.

Blah blah blah...

Fact is, the Phins kicked the **** out of the Jets twice last year WITHOUT Marshall, so having him only makes it that much easier in 2010.

dude use your brain for half a second and take of the teal colored glasses. divison teams always play each other tough. Doesn't matter what their records are, the teams you see twice a year for the past few decades are always hard.

The phins are getting a great player for a great deal, be happy about and stop being such a douche.

Lol on Dolphin message board they're saying they have a top 5 WR corps. REALLY? All you guys have is Brandon Marshall and a couple of #3's how exactly is that top 5? Bess is decent, he reminds me of Cotchery. But hartline, Camarillo, Ginn Jr are okay to garbage.

I gree with al that, aain my initital comment was made because he said they did not even give up a 2nd. By the time I posted he corrected it and I deleted my post.

You must have picked up on it before the change was made.

I never take anything a Fin fan says seriously. They are an expansion team, usually it takes 50 years or 3 generations for the fans of an expansion team to understand the game.

I never take anything a Fin fan says seriously. They are an expansion team, usually it takes 50 years or 3 generations for the fans of an expansion team to understand the game.

An expansion team with twice as many Lombardi throphy's and a perfect season to boot.

Lol on Dolphin message board they're saying they have a top 5 WR corps. REALLY? All you guys have is Brandon Marshall and a couple of #3's how exactly is that top 5? Bess is decent, he reminds me of Cotchery. But hartline, Camarillo, Ginn Jr are okay to garbage.

I think Bess is a very nice player. Also Brian Hartline 500 yards for a mid round pick his rookie year.Camarillo is solid. Ted ginn sucks.....it's looking promising.

I think Bess is a very nice player. Also Brian Hartline 500 yards for a mid round pick his rookie year.Camarillo is solid. Ted ginn sucks.....it's looking promising.

But both Hartline and Camarillo are more middle of the field, YAC type of receivers. I think you'll see them make catches and be productive, but they aren't true #2 type of receivers.

I think the difference between your receiving corp and ours will be that for us it's who do you cover deep because you know Holmes and Edwards will beat a team deep. For you guys it's who to cover over the middle. Marshall is a HUGE PLAY threat, but he'll be blanketed and it'll leave more of those passes that Hartline/Camarillo excel at open.

Question, how are you going to win this awesome division with a slightly better offense and a starting defense that looks like this:

DE: Randy Starks

NT: Tony McDaniels

DE: Kendall Langford

OLB: Cameron Wake

ILB: Dansby

ILB: Crowder

OLB: Quentin Moses

CB: Vonte Davis

FS: Chris Clemons

SS: Yerimiah Bell

CB: Sean Smith

Your offense got better but your defense is still crap. Isnt one of your players suspended for 1/2 a season. Do you see why we're not intimidated?

Question, how are you going to win this awesome division with a slightly better offense and a starting defense that looks like this:

Your offense got better but your defense is still crap.

I think Charlie Anderson would get the start over moses and we still have the draft ahead where we could pick up a Dan Williams at Nose or Another stud LB to go with Dansby.I believe Vontae and Sean with a year under their belt are gonna be alot better also add in Will Allen to the mix. Bell is a very,very,very solid player, now a pro bowler.. Starks has really come into his own since he got to Miami, love him. Need Merling and Langford to step it up, year 3 now for them. Your right we do have some holes . Oh and Wake will be a pass rushing beast!!!

An expansion team with twice as many Lombardi throphy's and a perfect season to boot.

Twice as many in this case is subjective. Now, if you won 6 SB's and we won 3, twice as many would mean something. However, winning one more than we did (and the last one was four years after ours) doesn't mean so much.

As real football fans know, Super Bowl III everyone knows that SB and who won that one...you guys? Not so much. But hey, it's your day today. What better place to come and celebrate then a Jets fan forum...:rolleyes:

Your offense got better but your defense is still crap. Isnt one of your players suspended for 1/2 a season. Do you see why we're not intimidated?

Are you serious?!

Let's just say, the weakest part of our defense, Paul Pasqualoni is gone, replaced by Mike Nolan who is a far superior defensive cordinator. Also, lets wait till after the draft before we start comparing defenses.

Archived