Marshall to Dolphins for '10 2nd + '11 2nd

nycdan

31 rec. 506 yds. 3td's 16.9 ypc. Hartline

45 rec. 680yds. 4td's 15.1 ypc. Edwards

I agree Edwards is better but look at those 2 stat lines. Ones a mid round rookie and another is supposed to be a prow bowler. Here the thing too, Hartline started 2 games. I'm not ecpectin g many people to know about Brian Hartline but he's seems like he is going to contribute pretty well for the Miami Dolphins.

This was Edwards worst season. He switched from a bad QB to a rookie QB mid-season, to a team that ran the ball 60% of the time. He was never going to put up big numbers here last year.

Compare those to Marshall, and get back to me.

101 rec. 1120 yds. 10td's 11.1 ypc.

For this supposed top 5 WR, that's a pretty pedestrian yards/catch number.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only a mega homer would say Hartline is better than Edwards.

Aqua if you're going to complain about Jet fans not looking at things objectively (and most of us acknowledge how good Marshall is), than at least return the courtesy. For all of Edwards's inconsistencies, don't tell me for a second that if the Jets offered Edwards for Hartline straight up that you wouldn't take it. Miami fans don't exactly have the best reputation in terms of looking at things objectively and if you were to tell me you'd rather have Hartline, you're living up to that reputation.

Braylon Edwards is better than Hartline. Stats for 2009...

Edwards 45 catches 680 yards 15.1 ypc average and 4 TD's.

Hartline 31 catches 506 yards 16.3 ypc average and 3 TD's.

So yes, Edwards, after being in the league for 5 years managed to put up better stats than a 4th round rookie.. But not much better, and I can say for sure, that Hartline has better hands than Edwards.

31 rec. 506 yds. 3td's 16.9 ypc. Hartline

45 rec. 680yds. 4td's 15.1 ypc. Edwards

I agree Edwards is better but look at those 2 stat lines. Ones a mid round rookie and another is supposed to be a prow bowler. Here the thing too, Hartline started 2 games. I'm not ecpectin g many people to know about Brian Hartline but he's seems like he is going to contribute pretty well for the Miami Dolphins.

Holy ****, nice argument :)

This was Edwards worst season. He switched from a bad QB to a rookie QB mid-season, to a team that ran the ball 60% of the time. He was never going to put up big numbers here last year.

Compare those to Marshall, and get back to me.

101 rec. 1120 yds. 10td's 11.1 ypc.

For this supposed top 5 WR, that's a pretty pedestrian yards/catch number.

SLats. Braylon had 3td catches the year before last hardly anything special. To be honest he's had on terrific year. I would expect a player with his level of talent to outperform a mid-round rookie who made 2 starts....and he didn't. I'll take that statline from B-Marsh all day. Would like to see ypc go up of course. So we all discovered today that Brian Hartline and Braylon Edwards arn't all that far apart.

Fag fans can throw out all the stats they want with Henne and Marshall from last year...what in the hell does it all mean? I always thought the plan was to get to the playoffs and then on to the SB...how did the fags and the horses do in that stat department last year?

With the additions we have made thus far (and there is still the draft and other moves perhaps), I like our chances of getting to the big game even more...fag fans can stay home again and go over their stats.

Hey it can go either way, he could be lazy from getting paid or he could feel he got the respect that he deserves and go out and dominate.

Now, if you could for just one second be objective, if you had to guess which Brandon Marshall, based on available evidence, which would you honestly think is more likely?

There's no way he tries harder. He may not get lazy, but with 24M in the bank, you don't get increased motivation.

Excellent pickup for the Dolphins. Any Jets fan bashing this move is a moronic homer. Looking forward to New England finishing 3rd in 2010.

It is an excellent pickup, but let's not crown these morons with the Lombardi with all these stats they're throwing around...I still can't figure out why the circle jerk on a Jets message board...shouldn't they be on a fag board taking all the oral they can get?!

It is an excellent pickup, but let's not crown these morons with the Lombardi with all these stats they're throwing around...I still can't figure out why the circle jerk on a Jets message board...shouldn't they be on a fag board taking all the oral they can get?!

I agree with this, but the homer Jets fans can be just as annoying as some of the moronic Dolphins fans.

After eight pages, the trolls finally wise up to the value of rate stats, only to use them to debate the relative merits of Brian ****ing Hartline. I believe "tragically ironic" is the term I'm looking for.

Can you imagine how good they'd be with Chad Pennington starting at QB? Guy has a SICK completion % and QB rating.

All I can hear is...

2009: 101 receptions 1120 yards 10 touchdowns

2008: 104 receptions 1265 yards 6 touchdowns

2007: 102 receptions 1325 yards 7 touchdowns

I really don't get why it's so hard to admit that he's a great player. I was notciably upset about the Jets getinng Holmsebecause I think he's a good football player, but this ends any of that disapointment. Marshal is 10 times the player Holmes is.

this is the same idiot who you can go see in the "what if the dolphins trade for brandon marshall" thread being quoted as saying

I don't want any part of that headache. Terrell Owens part deux.

and now he's here spouting off cause the phins traded for him. what's wrong? when you think there's no chance at your team getting a guy you say one thing it seems...but then the day the get him the guy is 10x better than a player who won a superbowl mvp? who also, if yo look at career numbers, has been pretty much on par with marshall

holmes:

receptions: 235

yds: 3835

y/c: 16.3

td: 20

marshall:

reception: 327

yds: 4019

y/c: 12.3

td: 25

marshall is a great receiver don't get me wrong. but he is not 10x the receiver holmes is. you are such a homer it isn't even funny. talk about bandwagon jumping.....you're a joke

this is the same idiot who you can go see in the "what if the dolphins trade for brandon marshall" thread being quoted as saying

and now he's here spouting off cause the phins traded for him. what's wrong? when you think there's no chance at your team getting a guy you say one thing it seems...but then the day the get him the guy is 10x better than a player who won a superbowl mvp? who also, if yo look at career numbers, has been pretty much on par with marshall

holmes:

receptions: 235

yds: 3835

y/c: 16.3

td: 20

marshall:

reception: 327

yds: 4019

y/c: 12.3

td: 25

marshall is a great receiver don't get me wrong. but he is not 10x the receiver holmes is. you are such a homer it isn't even funny. talk about bandwagon jumping.....you're a joke

Typical troll trash, they're all the same.

cj went from a noodle arm avatar to a noodle down her throat. :baby:

Braylon Edwards is better than Hartline. Stats for 2009...

Edwards 45 catches 680 yards 15.1 ypc average and 4 TD's.

Hartline 31 catches 506 yards 16.3 ypc average and 3 TD's.

So yes, Edwards, after being in the league for 5 years managed to put up better stats than a 4th round rookie.. But not much better, and I can say for sure, that Hartline has better hands than Edwards.

And you don't think perhaps a mid-season trade from a team with the worst QB situation in the league to a team with a rookie QB had anything to do with Edwards stat line?

Absolutely great trade for the Dolphins. Should take their fans off of suicide watch after what we done to get Holmes. Our trade had better value but this is still a good move. They get a dominant WR, something they desperately needed. Not too worried about them but it sure makes the AFC East a lot more interesting.

All I can hear is...

2009: 101 receptions 1120 yards 10 touchdowns

2008: 104 receptions 1265 yards 6 touchdowns

2007: 102 receptions 1325 yards 7 touchdowns

I really don't get why it's so hard to admit that he's a great player. I was notciably upset about the Jets getinng Holmsebecause I think he's a good football player, but this ends any of that disapointment. Marshal is 10 times the player Holmes is.

It's ironic that you come here insulting Jet fans for making moronic statements (Which some were BTW) and then post this garbage. Idiot.

Archived