Marshall to Dolphins for '10 2nd + '11 2nd

nycdan

Cotchery is a good player, I'll give you that, I actually like him (hard for me to like a Jets player.) But Braylon Edwards is a waste. Outside of the Dolphins games, he did nothing, at all.

So in comparison...

Brandon Marshal is a top 5 WR in the NFL - Santonio Holmes is top 25. Advantage Dolphins by 42 miles.

Davone Bess is a tremendous slot, posession guy - Cotchery provides the same tools with tough catches in key spots and chain moving ability. Advantage - Wash.

And yes, I would take Brain Hartline over Braylon Edwards. Call it crazy now, but it will be a correct statement next December.

Top 3 bro, i only put Andre Johnson and Fitz ahead of him and I love Brian Hartline, he's going to be a player.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This seems an overreaction. It's only hard for people who are capable of dividing one number by another. For everyone else, it's just misplaced ressentiment.

How is it anything other than adding 100 catches, 1100 yards and possibly 10 TDs to the line up? That's all it is. Basic math if you ask me. Especially when you consider that we won 11 games in 2008 and 7 in 2009 and the most touchdowns any Dolphin receiver caught in either of those years was 3.

'Here, check this out. I'm gonna post something, and when I do, I want you to paste the following reply. Trust me, it's gold. Aten will lose his ****.'

All I can hear is...

2009: 101 receptions 1120 yards 10 touchdowns

2008: 104 receptions 1265 yards 6 touchdowns

2007: 102 receptions 1325 yards 7 touchdowns

I really don't get why it's so hard to admit that he's a great player. I was notciably upset about the Jets getinng Holmsebecause I think he's a good football player, but this ends any of that disapointment. Marshal is 10 times the player Holmes is.

Its because you make stupid ****ing comments like Marshall and Welker are better than the Jets entire WR corps combined or Marshall being "10 times the player Holmes is". You come in here acting like a bunch of ****ing idiots you're going to get treated like it.

:face:

I wonder where your would rank Marshall had the Jets traded for him. :rolleyes:

Dolphan4life probably would have been objective and made the same statement (maybe put it down to top 5).

Aqua would have claimed that Marshall is overrated, is one strike away from a Pacman like suspension, and does nothing to make the Jets better.

Oh and CrashingJet would have put Marshall's arrest record in his signature.

:face:

I wonder where your would rank Marshall had the Jets traded for him. :rolleyes:

Oh come on Kleck, i'm usually pretty unbiased with your additions to the jets. Only person i hated on hard was Bart Scott when i would refer to him as Ed Hartwell II, but have admitted he's a player.

EDIT: New Jake City is right, i would've probly bumped him down to top 5, but still admitted he is a stud.

Dolphan4life probably would have been objective and made the same statement (maybe put it down to top 5).

Aqua would have claimed that Marshall is overrated, is one strike away from a Pacman like suspension, and does nothing to make the Jets better.

Oh and CrashingJet would have put Marshall's arrest record in his signature.

Which one is the orange dude with the mismatched bottles?

This is getting boring.

I think I speak for most Jet fans when I acknowledge that Marshall makes Miami a much better team today, but at the same time we are confident enough in our team that we still think we'll be better this year (and 2 losses by a combined 7 points during a midseason slump is not going to change that line of thinking).

This is getting boring.

I think I speak for most Jet fans when I acknowledge that Marshall makes Miami a much better team today, but at the same time we are confident enough in our team that we still think we'll be better this year (and 2 losses by a combined 7 points during a midseason slump is not going to change that line of thinking).

14 on 2 ko returns...I am not worried

Santonio Holmes vs. Brandon Marshall

By Rich Cimini

The Jets and Dolphins, two of the most run-oriented teams in the NFL last season, have added big-time wide receivers this week. The Jets surrendered a fifth-round pick for Santonio Holmes and early today came the news that the Dolphins had traded two second-round picks for former Bronco Brandon Marshall.

Interesting, very interesting. All of a sudden, we see two throwback offenses adding new toys for their young quarterbacks. In Miami's case, it had to do something because its receiving corps was brutal. With Marshall, one of the best in the business, the Dolphins can have offensive balance.

So which team got the best value? Both teams took calculated gambles because both players are character risks. Holmes has to serve a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy and Marshall served a one-game suspension in 2008 for a series of screw ups.

But Miami is taking a much bigger gamble than the Jets because they gave up so much more. The Dolphins traded the two No. 2s and signed Marshall to a monster, four-year extension, making it a five-year, $50 million contract with $24 guaranteed. Wow.

If Marshall messes up in Miam, the Dolphins are on the hook for $24 mil. If Holmes gets in trouble, the Jets can get out after one year and it's going to cost them about $770,000 -- spare change, basically. If the Jets like what they see after the season, they can try to sign him long term. The Dolphins are stuck with Marshall.

In terms of pure football, Marshall is a notch above Holmes as a receiver. But this isn't about pure football. It rarely ever is these days.

Cotchery is a good player, I'll give you that, I actually like him (hard for me to like a Jets player.) But Braylon Edwards is a waste. Outside of the Dolphins games, he did nothing, at all.

So in comparison...

Brandon Marshal is a top 5 WR in the NFL - Santonio Holmes is top 25. Advantage Dolphins by 42 miles.

Davone Bess is a tremendous slot, posession guy - Cotchery provides the same tools with tough catches in key spots and chain moving ability. Advantage - Wash.

And yes, I would take Brain Hartline over Braylon Edwards. Call it crazy now, but it will be a correct statement next December.

I would like a list of 24 better WR's, thanks.

2 #2's and 50 mill, 20+ guaranteed...good luck with that

I honestly thought we would be giving him more. Hell we gave J Peezy 20 mil guaranteed. And to be honest i'm so sick of caring what they get paid or what you give up bottomline, like the your team has done, i want big name players.

So in comparison...

Bess is a good player but he isn't in Cotch's class. Holmes had a better year than Marshall last year. Edwards is inconsistent but he is a great blocker in the running game and opens up the field with his big play ability. Far from a waste and much better than Hartline. He and Holmes will also be playing for a contract next year. Marshall on the other hand has been handed the keys to allot of sleep on Miami Beach.

Brian Hartline? Really?

He was a mid-round pick rookie in a running oriented offense, with a first year QB throwing him the ball and didn't become a starter until late in the year and still had 500 yards recieving and 3td's. He's gonn be a nice player. One day on this forum there could be a "Brian Heartline?? Seriously??" thread.

He was a mid-round pick rookie in a running oriented offense, with a first year QB throwing him the ball and didn't become a starter until late in the year and still had 500 yards recieving and 3td's. He's gonn be a nice player. One day on this forum there could be a "Brian Heartline?? Seriously??" thread.

Sure, fine. Saying you'd take him over Braylon is ridiculous though.

So in comparison...

Yes that 70 yard touchdown that Braylon had in the AFC Championship game wreaks of nothingness.

Enjoy third place, Pats fans.

Revis vs. Marshall is like Ali vs. Frazier.

Garb may be the exception, but most New England fans (and analysts) will disagree with this analysis and congratulate both the Jets and Miami for their offseason championships :rolleyes:

However, this reeks of whistling in the graveyard. This New England team has more holes in it than at any point since 2000 (Bellichick's first year). They have a plethora of picks and they are going to need to hit on them (i.e. have much better success then they have been having during the draft in recent years).

If they don't grab immediate contributors with those picks, I see New England finishing 3rd. If they grab players that are average or worse, they're going to be looking up at the AFC East Standings for the forseeable future. No more of this ****y "Pittsburgh and Indianapolis are our main rivals" rhetoric.

MODS: Please remove the "rumor" from the headline, Miami officially has a legit #1 diva WR.

I love how you come out of the shell when the Dolphins make a move. However, when the Jets were shippiong only a 5th rounder for Holmes, you were sleeping in that trailer with your family.

On the Marshall trade, the Dolphins got a good deal. Hopefully he can catch CrashingJet's mother on a corner and do what he does best. Hopefully he'll get in trouble.

Garb may be the exception, but most New England fans (and analysts) will disagree with this analysis and congratulate both the Jets and Miami for their offseason championships :rolleyes:

However, this reeks of whistling in the graveyard. This New England team has more holes in it than at any point since 2000 (Bellichick's first year). They have a plethora of picks and they are going to need to hit on them (i.e. have much better success then they have been having during the draft in recent years).

If they don't grab immediate contributors with those picks, I see New England finishing 3rd. If they grab players that are average or worse, they're going to be looking up at the AFC East Standings for the forseeable future. No more of this ****y "Pittsburgh and Indianapolis are our main rivals" rhetoric.

I disagree with your last paragraph. First, players develop, right? Second, with the money being shelled out by the Phins, Tuna is gonna leave, and who knows what is happening with cap going forward - they could be effed. The Jets have a lot of expiring deals coming up and one year contracts that will either be renegotiated or not. Anyway, the "forseeable" future stuff is way off base in the NFL.

A lot of Jets fans refuse to give Wes Welker any respect, but he's the glue that holds that offense together. Without him, their offense isn't scary in the slightest. Remember the Baltimore playoff game? Without Welker, they can't hang with an upper echelon team. We beat them in Sanchez's second start. Later on, Wes single-handedly raped us.

Edelman may step in and rack up catches. Good for him. It's not the same. You can still double Randy Moss all day long, because Edelman doesn't present the same threat.

Plus, Randy is in the last year of his contract. There were rumblings that Oakland Moss was back last season. Let them be in the third place midway through the season, and I think that offense implodes.

Too bad Toronto is so awful, or we might see the Pats bringing up the rear.

I disagree with your last paragraph. First, players develop, right? Second, with the money being shelled out by the Phins, Tuna is gonna leave, and who knows what is happening with cap going forward - they could be effed. The Jets have a lot of expiring deals coming up and one year contracts that will either be renegotiated or not. Anyway, the "forseeable" future stuff is way off base in the NFL.

They don't need to contribute right away (for this year yes), but they have to grab players that develop into good players. New England has been very hit and miss with its drafts the last few years and they need to make sure they grab players that, even if they take a year to develop, do make significant contributions to avoid the forseeable future scenario I mentioned.

Also you're right that Tuna is likely to leave next year, but bear in mind that Brady is not getting any younger. He probably has one (maybe two) years where he's still a franchise quarterback before he slips into the very good category (then good, and so on).

A lot of Jets fans refuse to give Wes Welker any respect, but he's the glue that holds that offense together. Without him, their offense isn't scary in the slightest. Remember the Baltimore playoff game? Without Welker, they can't hang with an upper echelon team. We beat them in Sanchez's second start. Later on, Wes single-handedly raped us.

Edelman may step in and rack up catches. Good for him. It's not the same. You can still double Randy Moss all day long, because Edelman doesn't present the same threat.

Plus, Randy is in the last year of his contract. There were rumblings that Oakland Moss was back last season. Let them be in the third place midway through the season, and I think that offense implodes.

Too bad Toronto is so awful, or we might see the Pats bringing up the rear.

BUT BUT BUT Vince Wilfat says they DID get David Patten back

Archived