Marshall to Dolphins for '10 2nd + '11 2nd

nycdan

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you serious?!

Let's just say, the weakest part of our defense, Paul Pasqualoni is gone, replaced by Mike Nolan who is a far superior defensive cordinator. Also, lets wait till after the draft before we start comparing defenses.

Definitley looking forward to Mike Nolan running our D.

Are you serious?!

Let's just say, the weakest part of our defense, Paul Pasqualoni is gone, replaced by Mike Nolan who is a far superior defensive cordinator. Also, lets wait till after the draft before we start comparing defenses.

Sooooo... losing your starting NT for 8 games means nothing to you.

Considering the defense you run.

Got it.

Are you serious?!

I am well within my right to compare defenses since my White & Green flaunted the #1 defense in all of NFL Land last season- sans our Giant Nose Tackle who is returning this year. Wait, isnt your giant nose tackle suspended for 1/2 the season? Jenkins will only make a great defense better. Even with Nolan I dont think your defense is going to be close to ours.

Are you serious?!

If you seriously want to compare the #1 ranked defense who actually got better with yours, you are gonna lose this is laughable.

Color this Pats fan very disappointed. Marshall is, without a doubt, the best WR in the East. Henne is currently better than Sanchez. This opens up the run even more. Sigh.....I always have Brady...LOL!

T, excuse me, but how is Henne better than Sanchez? Better at what?

I am well within my right to compare defenses since my White & Green flaunted the #1 defense in all of NFL Land last season- sans our Giant Nose Tackle who is returning this year. Wait, isnt your giant nose tackle suspended for 1/2 the season? Jenkins will only make a great defense better. Even with Nolan I dont think your defense is going to be close to ours.

Tony McDaniels is a beast. You guys sucked with Jenkins and there's no reason to think you'll get any better. Cromartie is soft and Poole gets hurt. Revis will not repeat the same year he had last year. Your DE's are worse than ours and we got Dansby who is better than Harris, Scott, and Pace COMBINED

/crashing jet'd

Definitley looking forward to Mike Nolan running our D.

Me too. Welcome back, blitz.

Sooooo... losing your starting NT for 8 games means nothing to you.

Considering the defense you run.

Got it.

We survived the 2nd half of last year without him, and at least we'll get Ferg back at the end of the year. Which is when I'd really want a healthy Ferg.

I was just trying to convey that our defense will be alot better this year. I def wasn't trying to say Miami's defense is better than the Jets.

If you seriously want to compare the #1 ranked defense who actually got better with yours, you are gonna lose this is laughable.

See above post.

Henne: http://www.nfl.com/players/chadhenne/profile?id=HEN507580

Sanchez: http://www.nfl.com/players/marksanchez/profile?id=SAN091667

Every stat suggests Henne is the better QB.

They are pretty even....but Henne impressed me with poise and pass....and he was not touted they way Sanchez was. Plus, Sanchez isn't even running yet....he will, and get up to speed. I'm just saying that right now - Henne better. Just like right now....Phins and Jets better than Pats. It is what it is. This may all change - and I hope it does - once the season starts.

Let's see...

Santonio Holmes for a 5th rounder

Marshall for a 2010 2nd and 2011 2nd.

Ummm........ Jets 1, Miami 0.

Hahah! Yes, you get a complimentary number 2 and we get a dominant receiver who is only bested by two receivers in the entire league.

Now Darrelle can finally get challenged.

This is f'ing crazy, i was all bummed and all of a sudden today were the best team in the league. I can't believe were going to the superbowl \:D/

Yea it's crazy how the Bronco's couldn't even make the playoffs last year with Brandon Marshall. They must be really really bad.

Henne - 12 TD, 14 INT, 75.2

Sanchez - 12 td,20 INT, 63.0

Henne - 2 yrs in the NFL

Sanchez - Rookie

Yep, it makes total sense to compare a rookie starting QB to a guy whose been in the NFL 2 years and had the benefit of 2 years offseason program and knowing the playbook.

Brilliant.

I'd rather have the QB with two playoff victories and the experience that goes with it.

Gosh, you know. When the Jets needed Sanchez to step up and win a playoff game with his arm, and not hand the ball off, he failed. Without the jets run game, NY wouldn't have won any playoff games, and that was proven by the loss to the Colts.

Best wr in the east is easily wes welker. the most talented would probably be marshall though. evans is a real nice wr from the bills. the east is looking real nice as far as talent at the wr position goes.

Dude where have you been...Lee Evans sucks giant donkey kong schlong now bro. He isn't even close to the convo as best WR in the east.

Gosh, you know. When the Jets needed Sanchez to step up and win a playoff game with his arm, and not hand the ball off, he failed. Without the jets run game, NY wouldn't have won any playoff games, and that was proven by the loss to the Colts.
Hard hitting stuff right there...

BTW: The best WR and most talented WR in the east still belongs to that Moss guy.

Hard hitting stuff right there...

Yea I mean he does have a point. Our terrible rookie QB couldn't get it done in the AFC championship game with absolutely no running game and versus the greatest QB of all-time.

You think we recoup our 5th for him?

What did Henne do with a playoff berth on the line last year?

Oh, that's right, he threw 5 picks and led his team to three straight losses.

Henne - 2 yrs in the NFL

Sanchez - Rookie

Yep, it makes total sense to compare a rookie starting QB to a guy whose been in the NFL 2 years and had the benefit of 2 years offseason program and knowing the playbook.

Brilliant.

It's all about NOW...and Sanchez is not running yet.

Right now, it looks like a two dog race in the AFC East between Jets and Phins....Pats could be the pesky little dog that likes to bite one's ankles. I have the right to change my opinion as the actual season develops. I'm just trying t be objective here.

Anyway, I suspect that your home opener will be against the Phins now - which is awesome for any football fan.

Henne - 12 TD, 14 INT, 75.2

Sanchez - 12 td,20 INT, 63.0

Henne Posteason - 0 TD, 0 INT, 0 everything

Sanchez Postseason - 4 TD, 2 INT, 92.7

Overall, admittedly Henne had a slightly better year than Sanchez last year during the regular season. But he also has a year on him in terms of preparation, and every statistic will show you that a first-time starter in his second year will put up better numbers than a rookie starter every time. Meanwhile, Sanchez improved greatly at the end of the year. Henne gets the nod for last year, but I see no reason to assume that will continue on.

Plus consider for last years regular stats, Sanchez's 4 admittedly awful games account for only 2 TDs and 15 of those INTs. Keep in mind, I don't think Henne is a bad QB and I expect to him improve this year, I just don't think its a given that he's automatically the better player.

Henne - 2 yrs in the NFL

Sanchez - Rookie

Brilliant.

Why does it not make sense? It's not like Henne is ever going to cease to be a year older than Sanchez is. Sanchez is the quarterback of the Jets, Henne is the quarterback of the Dolphins, and right now Henne is better. That seems like a more meaningful frame of reference than your hypothetical universe in which their respective performances at a given age has any impact on the outcome of a game of football.

Archived