Prisco's take on the Taylor signing.

Thor99

Hey, Jets: Jason Taylor is washed up

Posted on: April 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Didn't we say he was a shell of himself two years ago when the Washington Redskins traded to get him?

Don't get caught up in the name.

Taylor isn't very good anymore.

The Taylor that was among the sack leaders earlier this decade isn't around anymore. What we have now is a player who might be able to get five or six sacks. That's it.

The Jets paid him a reported two-year deal that is essentially a one-year deal for $3.75 million. The price isn't bad, but he isn't even worth that.

What's this move say about Vernon Gholston, the linebacker the Jets drafted two years ago in the first round? He's been a flop, but the Jets have talked him up some this off-season.

If Taylor is a playing over Gholston, let's just lay it out there. Gholston would be a full-fledged bust.

sad tho it makes me, i tend to agree with this outlook. I want Jason Taylor to be a 10 sack guy. That guy is gone.

I'm agreeing with you on this. I hate the guy personally, but i wouldn't care that much as long as he produces. I feel like he's washed up. At this point in his career he is a one-trick pony with the one trick losing it's luster. I would've preferred drafting a young project pass rusher on day 2 or 3 rather than signing him.

But he's a jet, and i'll root for him to get 10+ sacks and as many FFs as he can get.

Bitonti doesn't like the move. This just keeps getting better!!! :mrgreen:

i dont hate the move, it's worth a try... just think expectations should be tempered. If JT gets double digit sacks it would be surprising. He's more like a Robert Horry maybe doesn't do anything all year and plays big in the playoffs.

sad tho it makes me, i tend to agree with this outlook. I want Jason Taylor to be a 10 sack guy. That guy is gone.

If we accept that the Jets D is better than Miami's, and we acknowledge that Taylor had 7 sacks last year, why then, is it impossible to think that he can get 10?

If we accept that the Jets D is better than Miami's, and we acknowledge that Taylor had 7 sacks last year, why then, is it impossible to think that he can get 10?

Depends on what time the train leaves the station and how many stops it makes along the way. Wait, what was the question?

now i didn't watch enough phins games and i surely didn't pay much attnetion to JT when i did. but according to some phins fans they were taking him out on 3rd down passing situations alot. if true sounds ike they weren't using a situational pass rushing olb the right way at all.

for some unknown reason Taylor was taken off the field on 3rd downs last year...let's see 3rd down...isn't that a passing down?

.....guess you were reading the same thing, lol. seems like a stupid way to use JT no? then again i don't think much of tony sparano as a HC anyway......

Jason Traitor is washed up. 6 sacks this year....maybe.

This may be true, but you really think the Jets coaches won't gladly take those 6 sacks? The only Jets to break that number last year were Pace (8) and Ellis (6.5). I'm no huge fan mind you, and he's certainly not what he once was, but the Jets have few proven pass-rushers on this team and when you consider their second best is a DE in the 3-4, adding another guy with at least some talent can't be considered all that bad.

.....guess you were reading the same thing, lol. seems like a stupid way to use JT no? then again i don't think much of tony sparano as a HC anyway......

yup-nor do I think much of Sporano-watching him trying to get Joey Porter off the field last year on 3rd downs was gold-Porter wouldn't leave-some command there huh? He should have been benched and then released the next day

for some unknown reason Taylor was taken off the field on 3rd downs last year...let's see 3rd down...isn't that a passing down?

A theory that I like is, Sparano wanted to get Wake on the strong side rushing the passer and move Taylor over, but that Porter wouldn't come off the field cause he's a little bitch. So, they were bringing Taylor off instead. All in all, Taylor started all 16 games and was on the field for around 80% of the snaps, so he got plenty of playing time.

yup-nor do I think much of Sporano-watching him trying to get Joey Porter off the field last year on 3rd downs was gold-Porter wouldn't leave-some command there huh? He should have been benched and then released the next day

is it certain that porter refused to come off the field? if thats the truth then it's not only sparano that has to take the blame for that being allowed to happen unpunished. they have a GM and the fat team jumping douche nozzle there that should have stepped in and done something about it.

is it certain that porter refused to come off the field? if thats the truth then it's not only sparano that has to take the blame for that being allowed to happen unpunished. they have a GM and the fat team jumping douche nozzle there that should have stepped in and done something about it.

He was suspended for the Tampa Bay game because of this, thus beginning the Porter soap opera ending with his signing in Arizona.

A theory that I like is, Sparano wanted to get Wake on the strong side rushing the passer and move Taylor over, but that Porter wouldn't come off the field cause he's a little bitch. So, they were bringing Taylor off instead. All in all, Taylor started all 16 games and was on the field for around 80% of the snaps, so he got plenty of playing time.

Doesn't sound ridiculous.

I don't think any Jets fans think they're getting the Jason Taylor of old. However, Bryan Thomas managed 2 sacks all season, and the Jets still managed the #1 defense. Now, whether or not you like Cromartie, there's no doubt he's a significant upgrade over Lowery/Lito. So, the Jets coverage should get better. So, I think it would be hard to imagine Taylor not having, at the very least, a solid to strong season, as he'll be put in a position to succeed, and if Bryan Thomas is still on the roster, wont have to play in some obvious running situations.

e8BsX73_dXc&feature=player_embedded

I swear that's not me. Guy needs a Xanax.

which is actually addition by subtraction......guy was a true assh*le

Doucher. Ass hole may be a bit harsh, I think Doucher fits Joey Porter.

Doesn't sound ridiculous.

I don't think any Jets fans think they're getting the Jason Taylor of old. However, Bryan Thomas managed 2 sacks all season, and the Jets still managed the #1 defense. Now, whether or not you like Cromartie, there's no doubt he's a significant upgrade over Lowery/Lito. So, the Jets coverage should get better. So, I think it would be hard to imagine Taylor not having, at the very least, a solid to strong season, as he'll be put in a position to succeed, and if Bryan Thomas is still on the roster, wont have to play in some obvious running situations.

Ugh, the thought of him having a good season with the Jets is making me ill, where's my "puke pail?"

FTR i only made it about 3 minutes into that video. Cracks me up, the guy's calling Jason Taylor a traitor when it was the Dolphins who bailed on him-not the other way around

I may need to amend my earlier statement if Jason Taylor sees the light and rips these gaywads a new one.

I may need to amend my earlier statement if Jason Taylor sees the light and rips these gaywads a new one.

they're just not that bright. if they were they'd be mad at BP and ireland for not offering taylor any sort of contract when it was obvious that he wanted to remain a dolphin. you can't blame the guy for taking a contract in a place where the coaches want him instead of waiting to find out if the dolphins will be gracious enough to allow him to be their plan b.

Archived