New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox @ Fenway Park Series Thread

Otter

None of those guys are elite POWER hitters, but I'd argue that Youk and Pedroia are elite hitters.

You keep bringing up Manny and you're dead wrong. The Sox are better off without Manny Ramirez.

:face::face::face::face::face:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't use any drugs. And yes I seriously do believe that. He was more of a problem than he was worth at that stage of his career. You saw it when there was no interest in him as a FA or when the Sox put him on irrevocable waivers.

Was he really a problem when he was the best offensive player on two World Series teams?

Come on, Carl.

I don't use any drugs. And yes I seriously do believe that. He was more of a problem than he was worth at that stage of his career. You saw it when there was no interest in him as a FA or when the Sox put him on irrevocable waivers.

That's because teams couldnt take on his contract. Baseball for the most part is an inivdual sport, and Manny was by far the best player that team has had since Ted Williams.

The "Manny being Manny" thing was a staple for the Red Sox, and once the slightest struggle happened, they turned it around and blamed him when he was doin what he was always doing. Being aloof and hitting the sht out of the ball.

The Ortiz/Manny combo was the most intimtidating force in sports for a few years. Letting Manny go killed the Red Sox.

Was he really a problem when he was the best offensive player on two World Series teams?

Come on, Carl.

No. When Manny was producing and hustling and caring it was less of a problem. When he was traded he was not producing, he was a burden in the outfield and on the base paths and his lackluster effort as a whole was embarassing. It was a problem. And what has he done since being moved to make the Sox think twice? Nothing.

After the trade the Red Sox offensive numbers did not fall off. They are still in the top 5 in baseball when it comes to offense. What is so hard to understand about that? Please show me the numbers to prove me wrong.

I dont have to provide numbers to know the Sox are less of a threat without Manny. He's arguably the best right handed hitter of all time.

If you want to show the numbers of with Manny vs after Manny, please do. The Sox offense has gotten worse since he's left.

I agree. He was awesome and hysterical. But not facing him anymore isnt a bad thing either. He was a bad, bad man.

A bad man when he wanted to be and towards the end of his tenure as a Red Sox,he really didn't care. A lot of things can be overlooked when the team is winning and Manny was producing. Once that stopped, something had to be done.

A bad man when he wanted to be and towards the end of his tenure as a Red Sox,he really didn't care. A lot of things can be overlooked when the team is winning and Manny was producing. Once that stopped, something had to be done.

Manny stopped producing?

After the trade the Red Sox offensive numbers did not fall off. They are still in the top 5 in baseball when it comes to offense. What is so hard to understand about that? Please show me the numbers to prove me wrong.
2 rings with, 0 rings without!

You guys really listen to Sterling and Waldman too much.

Their over the top homerism has you thinking any objectivity by anyone else is hating.

It is fun to watch though.

I've got to assume you're only having fun and fanning flames here. Nobody who listened to that FOX broadcast on Saturday could pretend it resembled objectivity.

You guys really listen to Sterling and Waldman too much.

Their over the top homerism has you thinking any objectivity by anyone else is hating.

It is fun to watch though.

You're nuts.

I hate McCarver and it has nothing to do with the Yankees. He is a pompous old douchebag. He repeats everything about 50 times and acts like every observation he makes is some revolution in how to follow a game. I'd hate to watch him do a Padres game. Any lack of "objectivity" is irrelevant.

I've got to assume you're only having fun and fanning flames here. Nobody who listened to that FOX broadcast on Saturday could pretend it resembled objectivity.

No, I think the Mess have won a few games. Scott is feeling a little frisky

You're nuts.

I hate McCarver and it has nothing to do with the Yankees. He is a pompous old douchebag. He repeats everything about 50 times and acts like every observation he makes is some revolution in how to follow a game. I'd hate to watch him do a Padres game. Any lack of "objectivity" is irrelevant.

McCarver has not aged well in translating his broadcast game, I witness that.

But the suggestion that he "hates" certain teams, and that affects his objectivity is selective listening.

If you pick two opposing fan bases, have them listen to the same broadcast, both will say the announcer "hates" their team. It does not matter who, or what fan base.

It is the same with McCarver, maybe even more so because he is opinionated.

Listening to Suzyn and Sterling will turn your head into mush.

He used to be informative and was actually revolutionary in the way that he brought viewers into the game at one time.

I agree that he has not "aged" well in terms of broadcast style.

Come on Scotty...did you hear him say Beckett's pitches weren't intentional? Yet, as soon as CC had one (just one) he had to say it was retaliation from the previous night. Come on, McGarver never liked the fact he was fired from the Yanks years ago and does everything in his power to have a little payback.

Come on Scotty...did you hear him say Beckett's pitches weren't intentional? Yet, as soon as CC had one (just one) he had to say it was retaliation from the previous night. Come on, McGarver never liked the fact he was fired from the Yanks years ago and does everything in his power to have a little payback.

Like McCarver should not know someone's intent, neither do you know McCarver's true feelings.

Fans' listening is selective.

I have listened to McCarver (not this weekend) and have not heard a Yankee bias or agenda.

McCarver was fired from the Mets too, and makes critical comments about the Mets, but I am not about to come out and say that he "hates the Mets".

He is paid to make critical analysis of all teams, and he does that. Some fans only hear the negative though, and automatically assume that the announcer is biased.

Like McCarver should not know someone's intent, neither do you know McCarver's true feelings.

Fans' listening is selective.

I have listened to McCarver (not this weekend) and have not heard a Yankee bias or agenda.

McCarver was fired from the Mets too, and makes critical comments about the Mets, but I am not about to come out and say that he "hates the Mets".

He is paid to make critical analysis of all teams, and he does that. Some fans only hear the negative though, and automatically assume that the announcer is biased.

I don't know about McCarver and his being biased (like I said earlier, I find him to be a pompous prick no matter what teams he is calling) but I can tell you the NESN announcers are an embarrassment to the game. Jerry Remy is a ****ing moron who thinks the Sox can do no wrong. His defense of Beckett Friday night was absolutely pathetic.

I don't know about McCarver and his being biased (like I said earlier, I find him to be a pompous prick no matter what teams he is calling) but I can tell you the NESN announcers are an embarrassment to the game. Jerry Remy is a ****ing moron who thinks the Sox can do no wrong. His defense of Beckett Friday night was absolutely pathetic.

Every local broadcasting team is full of homers. Waldman and Sterling are no exception. They are just as bad, if not worse, than Remy. At least Remy is entertaining.

Every local broadcasting team is full of homers. Waldman and Sterling are no exception. They are just as bad, if not worse, than Remy. At least Remy is entertaining.

I find Sterling to be entertaining as hell. Waldman is the problem there. John Sterling is so cartoonish you couldn't make him up if you tried. I wish I could get the Yankee radio broadcasts down here just so I could hear him be his buffoonish self.

Remy is an embarrassment to the game of baseball.

Archived