Cromartie could be the key to Jets defense- NY Daily News

Kentucky Jet

I find this quote from Pettine to be quite interesting. While I don't think anyone would argue against the idea that Cromartie is a clear upgrade over Lito, but to say so as emphatically as he did was rather interesting. But even more so is that he feels Pool is an upgrade over Rhodes. While granted one guy is on the team and the other no longer is, I still find it interesting that he'd go out of his way to bring that point up himself unprovoked. With no other attempts to bring in a safety, I'm really starting to get the feeling the team really likes Pool. Here's hoping that he's just another victim of the Brown's god-awful medical staff and he can be a consistent, healthy contributor for the Jets.

I thought this statement was weird too. PR departments usually tell people to dodge comparison questions but here Pettine jumps right in and does what your not supposed to do. And he makes Lito look bad even though Lito never clashed with the coaches the way Rhodes did.

I find this quote from Pettine to be quite interesting. While I don't think anyone would argue against the idea that Cromartie is a clear upgrade over Lito, but to say so as emphatically as he did was rather interesting. But even more so is that he feels Pool is an upgrade over Rhodes. While granted one guy is on the team and the other no longer is, I still find it interesting that he'd go out of his way to bring that point up himself unprovoked. With no other attempts to bring in a safety, I'm really starting to get the feeling the team really likes Pool. Here's hoping that he's just another victim of the Brown's god-awful medical staff and he can be a consistent, healthy contributor for the Jets.

Rhodes was also horrid last season. The guy played like an absolute cupcake.

It's not that the coaching staff really likes Pool.

It's that Pettine and the rest of the defensive coaching staff (including Rex) really hated Rhodes.

Rex speaks his mind and Pettine is his right hand man. They hated Rhodes, wanted him gone, and Pool looks athletic & coachable so in comparison he's an upgrade in their minds.

And, of course, thanks for posting this Kentucky. Great article.

Manish is an upgrade.

I hated Cimini, but he's better at ESPN than he was at the News.

You can also tell the big difference in the article between Manish and Cimini in that if Cimini wrote that he would have brought up the 7 kids by 6 women in 5 states. I still don't understand how that has any relevance to football. Cromartie is not someone who gets in trouble with the law. He's not a pothead.

Just to vent, but I can never understand why the media lumped Cromartie with Holmes as a bad guy. Let's get real here: Holmes is a turd. Trouble with the law, multi-game suspension, known pot smoker (this alone is not a bad thing), admitted drug dealer.

Cromartie is a choir boy compared to Holmes. Cro simply likes to have unprotected sex. That doesn't make him a bad person.

And, of course, thanks for posting this Kentucky. Great article.

Manish is an upgrade.

I hated Cimini, but he's better at ESPN than he was at the News.

You can also tell the big difference in the article between Manish and Cimini in that if Cimini wrote that he would have brought up the 7 kids by 6 women in 5 states. I still don't understand how that has any relevance to football. Cromartie is not someone who gets in trouble with the law. He's not a pothead.

Just to vent, but I can never understand why the media lumped Cromartie with Holmes as a bad guy. Let's get real here: Holmes is a turd. Trouble with the law, multi-game suspension, known pot smoker (this alone is not a bad thing), admitted drug dealer.

Cromartie is a choir boy compared to Holmes. Cro simply likes to have unprotected sex. That doesn't make him a bad person.

IMHO failing to pay child support is much worse than smoking weed.

IMHO failing to pay child support is much worse than smoking weed.

Like I said, that's only 1 thing compared to Holmes' litany of other problems.

That said, Cro did end up paying child support, thanks to the Jets. ;)

Like I said, that's only 1 thing compared to Holmes' litany of other problems.

That said, Cro did end up paying child support, thanks to the Jets. ;)

Yeah, I don't know the circumstances, but it seemed like maybe he was bombarded with the support cases all at once, and just couldn't cope. Jets first order of business with him was to give him an advance to get that taken care of. Smart business, too. Clears Cro's head, and builds his trust with the new organization.

Holmes is the guy I'd prefer to keep on the field, though. Hopefully being traded for a 5th round pick opens his eyes a little bit.

Yeah, I don't know the circumstances, but it seemed like maybe he was bombarded with the support cases all at once, and just couldn't cope. Jets first order of business with him was to give him an advance to get that taken care of. Smart business, too. Clears Cro's head, and builds his trust with the new organization.

Holmes is the guy I'd prefer to keep on the field, though. Hopefully being traded for a 5th round pick opens his eyes a little bit.

Agreed on both fronts.

Holmes has great ability and will help the Jets tremendously on the field, but we just have to accept that he is a bona fide turd. Hopefully he keeps his turdness in check and avoids anything that would lead to another suspension.

Archived