I am on the phone with a brutal Dolphins homer

Klecko73isGod

Who is actually saying that Revis is only good because the Jets blitz 95% of the time.

Is not understanding what you are watching when a football game is one some kind of disease with Dolphins fans?

Let me guess, you found jocko johnson's number.

Or did he call you?

He says that now, but if (knock on wood) the Revis-Jets relationship ever ended, he would be waxing poetic about how the Jets are screwed without Revis.

There are exceptions, but Dolphin fans seem to be the most delusional homers of any fan base out there. I know Jet fans have there share of homers as well (though I think most can look at things objectively, even if we lean on the positive side of things), but its a rarity to hear the Dolphin fans ever say they are concerned with any aspect of their team.

He says that now, but if (knock on wood) the Revis-Jets relationship ever ended, he would be waxing poetic about how the Jets are screwed without Revis.

There are exceptions, but Dolphin fans seem to be the most delusional homers of any fan base out there. I know Jet fans have there share of homers as well (though I think most can look at things objectively, even if we lean on the positive side of things), but its a rarity to hear the Dolphin fans ever say they are concerned with any aspect of their team.

I agree, but the Chargers have an awful and delusional fan base as well. I lurked their forum leading up to the divisional game, "VJAX IS GONNA OWN REVIS. REVIS NEVER FACED A WR SO TALL AND FAST"

That was a microcosm of what was said that week.

I agree, but the Chargers have an awful and delusional fan base as well. I lurked their forum leading up to the divisional game, "VJAX IS GONNA OWN REVIS. REVIS NEVER FACED A WR SO TALL AND FAST"

Maybe its the sun that gets to these guys :P

Who is actually saying that Revis is only good because the Jets blitz 95% of the time.

Is not understanding what you are watching when a football game is one some kind of disease with Dolphins fans?

If he was halfway smart he would have said Revis is only good because the refs give him the calls.

You should hit a Fins forum and talk to some knowledgeable Fin fans, there is alot of concern with the team, and there always is. Its the casual ( dumb) fans that like to run thier mouths about how great we are. Buts its liek that for every NFL team, especially in June when everyone is undefeated:

We still have a weakness at FS, Chris Clemons is er, unproven at best. Looked like gawwwbage the few times I saw him last year. Antrell wouldve been nice but I'd take BM or Dansby over him in a heartbeat and you cant give money to everyone.

I dont like the OLB situation either. Weve got 4 potentials, Wake, Misi, Anderson, and Moses, none have started more than 1 game. Misi looks OK in shorts, but I NEVER give rookies any props until they do something on the field.

Thats just the basics, I wont bore anyone with a dissertation. Point being, most of us expect improvement on both sides of the ball, myself included. But no one that I know/respect as a football guy is saying we're some juggernaut. Anyhow, its way too early to start talking about playoffs, Super Bowl or any of that, we're still 6 weeks from training camp.

I was trolling too. I read a post that said a corner does not have a chance against a wide receiver because the wide receiver knows where he is going and the corner does not.

I don't know that I was so perturbed by the statement or by the fact that the rest of the fans thought it was a viable point.

I was trolling too. I read a post that said a corner does not have a chance against a wide receiver because the wide receiver knows where he is going and the corner does not.

What a terrible argument. So does this mean Revis has ESP? I mean, he seemed to know EXACTLY where Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Roddy White, Chad Ocho Cinco, Steve Smith, Marques Colston and Reggie Wayne were going.

What a terrible argument. So does this mean Revis has ESP? I mean, he seemed to know EXACTLY where Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Roddy White, Chad Ocho Cinco, Steve Smith, Marques Colston and Reggie Wayne were going.

haha, sort of what I was thinking. Had i responded I really wanted to ask him why Deion Sanders and Chris McAllister were paid at all if nobody stands a chance against a receiver that knows where they are going.

The whole experience was just wild. I had no idea people had that little ability to think about such a simple game as football.

He actually has got it backwards. In my estimation, the jets can blitz all of the time because revis is so good. The qb is not going to beat the blitz throwing at Revis...

Now we will see just how good Antonio Cromartie is, because one can expect for him to be tested often.

Kyle Wilson better strap it on also...

Yes, because he is just that good.

Anyway, all kidding aside, at one point in my conversation the Dolphins fan tells me that Reggie Wayne "lit up" Revis in the AFC Championship Game to which I replied:

"Three catches for 55 yards is lighting someone up? I guess its a good thing to have low standards if you're planning on rooting for the Dolphins this year."

He actually has got it backwards. In my estimation, the jets can blitz all of the time because revis is so good. The qb is not going to beat the blitz throwing at Revis...

Now we will see just how good Antonio Cromartie is, because one can expect for him to be tested often.

I attempted to explain that to him. I also tried to explain to him that Revis made the Pro-Bowl playing in a Mangini-Sutton defense that didn't understand the concept of blitzing but he didn't understand what I was talking about and I didn't expect him to. He is a Dolphins fan.

This is exactly how it works.

Most people talk about building a team from the trenches back, but Rex Ryan believes in building his defense from the secondary forward. It's hard to believe that this is such a unique and innovative idea, being that the NFL has been primarily a passing league since -I dunno- the AFL merger?

Revis can take out virtually any #1 WR in the league, if Cro -formerly a #1 CB- can take out most teams' #2, the Jets will be able to blitz from anywhere on the field. If Kyle Wilson is the talent they think he is, then our opponents are going to be dreading 3rd downs in a serious way.

Most people talk about building a team from the trenches back, but Rex Ryan believes in building his defense from the secondary forward. It's hard to believe that this is such a unique and innovative idea, being that the NFL has been primarily a passing league since -I dunno- the AFL merger?

Disagree. You can get away with having a mediocre secondary if you have a good D-line. No pass rush=open receivers. Stopping the run is still important too. Buffalo had a very good pass defense last year but they sucked overall because everyone just ran over them.

I still have awful memories of D-rob as a nose tackle too.

LOL you guys act as if JET fans don't say some idiotic homer stuff too. Obviously the guy is trying to push buttons by not giving Revis his due credit....and it worked.

There are also lots of Jets fans that hate the Jets, but can't stay away. Just sayin'.

LOL you guys act as if JET fans don't say some idiotic homer stuff too. Obviously the guy is trying to push buttons by not giving Revis his due credit....and it worked.

Not for nothin', but this guy called me to give me crap about the Jets considering making Revis the highest paid CB in football not the other way around. Just like GMRetard and his ilk are Dolphins fans coming on a Jets message board to be ****sucking assheads.

Not for nothin', but this guy called me to give me crap about the Jets considering making Revis the highest paid CB in football not the other way around. Just like GMRetard and his ilk are Dolphins fans coming on a Jets message board to be ****sucking assheads.

Well i don't know what dolphin would be cracking on a jet fan for the jets dishing out money to pay the best defensive player in football. I would be elated for the contract negotiations to go sour and somehow Revis is able to walk away. BTW i'm glad GMJohnson got canned because if i had to see the words "personal attack" again i was gonna try and get banned myself.

Let me guess, you found jocko johnson's number.

Or did he call you?

Ha, Imagine Klecko73's phone number was passed out on a phins forum and they spent the entire day calling him at work and starting argument.

TV WORTHY.

Actually, it's an old idea. John Madden, who coached Oakland in the 60's, said in his book that he believed in man-to-man coverage because any other kind of coverage requires more players that you can use to go after the QB. And Madden had some great cornerbacks playing for him.

Archived