Vernon Gholston

Ghost

I saw some positive plays out of him, last year you couldn't say the same thing. I wanted to key in on him but honestly there were too many things going on in the new stadium. Getting used to where the scoreboards are, new seat locations etc.

If he lays an egg this year he is gone. Hopefully he can contribute though. They can use the help and depth on the d line.

Anyone know what the cap hit would be to do the right thing and cut Gholston?

Haha!

They redid his deal so he can be cut after the season painlessly. I think they keep him around now just to remind themselves not to trade Revis for picks.

Also, Brian Schottenheimer's playcalling was terrible. Terrible I tell you.

What you did there. I see it. Liked the emphasis on the shotgun (that's how you throw on Baltimore) even though Sanchez clearly still isn't all that comfortable with it. Also, replacing Jones clearly isn't going to be an issue because McKnight is already executing 36 blue run straight at the pile and fall down like a seasoned vet.

What you did there. I see it. Liked the emphasis on the shotgun (that's how you throw on Baltimore) even though Sanchez clearly still isn't all that comfortable with it. Also, replacing Jones clearly isn't going to be an issue because McKnight is already executing 36 blue run straight at the pile and fall down like a seasoned vet.

Then people will marvel at him when he's 30+ and still in the league.

So we're just going to completely disregard the fact that he was actually in the back field, was the quickest person off the snap and disrupted the play, just so we can sh*t on him for slipping??? I get that everyone is hating on the guy, and rightfully so. But what's the point in only pointing out the negatives and leaving out the positives?

It was a brand new field that people were slipping all over. He's clearly not used to being in the backfield, but I was just happy he got in there. This year will be telling; if he plays well, keep him, if not, toss him.

Ha! Seriously though, who is fooled by T. Rich lining up wide on those 5 wide sets?

Haha well played sir.

Ha! Seriously though, who is fooled by T. Rich lining up wide on those 5 wide sets?

Sanchez, evidently, because he was totally uncovered on the outside on one play and Consuela tried to force it to the slot instead. If you're not going to throw a quick smash there then there's just no reason to call the formation at all.

Sanchez, evidently, because he was totally uncovered on the outside on one play and Consuela tried to force it to the slot instead. If you're not going to throw a quick smash there then there's just no reason to call the formation at all.

Perfect. Schotty has designed a formation that fools his own QB.

At least he found B Smith uncovered.

Richardson can catch at least. Lining up Greene in the slot was worse. Might as well leave him in the backfield. He's not getting thrown at from the slot and if it's just to make him a decoy he's more of a decoy in the backfield and more useful swinging out as a checkdown option. That only works if he's a real receiving threat in the slot and could then get a mismatch of a run-stuffing/pass-rushing type LB shifting over to cover him.

So we're just going to completely disregard the fact that he was actually in the back field, was the quickest person off the snap and disrupted the play, just so we can sh*t on him for slipping??? I get that everyone is hating on the guy, and rightfully so. But what's the point in only pointing out the negatives and leaving out the positives?

It was a brand new field that people were slipping all over. He's clearly not used to being in the backfield, but I was just happy he got in there. This year will be telling; if he plays well, keep him, if not, toss him.

Yeah because why would we want him to pick up a passrusher with his hair on fire. Seems will see a few empty backfields this year. :( Maybe with all our WR talent and LT looking good will do well on offense dispite sh*ttenheimer

Richardson can catch at least. Lining up Greene in the slot was worse. Might as well leave him in the backfield. He's not getting thrown at from the slot and if it's just to make him a decoy he's more of a decoy in the backfield and more useful swinging out as a checkdown option. That only works if he's a real receiving threat in the slot and could then get a mismatch of a run-stuffing/pass-rushing type LB shifting over to cover him.

Greene caught a pass.

No but I agree...maybe we are just setting everyone up for T Rich running a go route! Kinda of like how didnt attempt a pass out of the wildcat last season till all of a sudden...BAM!

Greene caught a pass.

No but I agree...maybe we are just setting everyone up for T Rich running a go route! Kinda of like how didnt attempt a pass out of the wildcat last season till all of a sudden...BAM!

Greene did catch a pass. Still, if he caught one every game it's still a piddly 16 receptions on the season. Catching a pass doesn't mean he's a real receiver out of the backfield. Maybe it's due to small hands - who knows. Hopefully LT can help out with it. Greene would be that much more dangerous if he could catch.

It's a stupid formation. On 1st down this team simply shouldn't line up in empty sets, we're removing the biggest threat on our offense and instead we replace it with the threat of Richardson and Greene. It's awful.

We can use the shotugun formation to beat the Ravens, just have a RB with Sanchez and some ******* wide recievers!

It's a stupid formation. On 1st down this team simply shouldn't line up in empty sets, we're removing the biggest threat on our offense and instead we replace it with the threat of Richardson and Greene. It's awful.

We can use the shotugun formation to beat the Ravens, just have a RB with Sanchez and some ******* wide recievers!

Actually, aside from the shotgun, first-down passing is probably the biggest relative weakness of the Ravens' defense. It's not going to be a staple, obviously, but basically everything we did with the first-string offense yesterday seemed like it was geared to get a head start on the Week 1 gameplan.

Greene did catch a pass. Still, if he caught one every game it's still a piddly 16 receptions on the season. Catching a pass doesn't mean he's a real receiver out of the backfield. Maybe it's due to small hands - who knows. Hopefully LT can help out with it. Greene would be that much more dangerous if he could catch.

I definitely agree with you here. If they want to play with Shonn Greene as a receiver in the preseason, that's really fine with me, but I don't expect him to ever actually be a receiver. That's a formation for every other back on the roster before Shonn.

Please remember the Jets did not gameplan for the game. They were just calling plays, not a lot of thought went into this based on matchups...

Of course they gameplanned, they just didn't gameplan for the Giants. Not only are shotgun sets and first-down passing the two primary areas of relative mediocrity for Baltimore's defense, they're also two things we did less than any other team in the league last year.

Archived