stoicsentry

What will happen with Revis?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What is his fate?

• Will return before week 1
    • Will return after week 1 but before end of season
    • Will be traded
    • Will sit out all year

Traded and returning midseason might as well not be options. Neither of those will happen. Either he gets here by 9/13, or he pulls a Gilbert and he's done for the year.

Not necessarily.

One option the Jets have (and it is one I would seriously consider if I was the GM/owner of the Jets)....

Is to toss him on the trading block and give all teams other than NEP, Fins and Bills the right talk to and negotiate with him. Trade cost is a the teams first in 2011 and 2012. (Which btw also takes Oakland out of the running)

The Revis camp believes they could get their salary demands met by other teams in the NFL cause he is that good. I don't think they can. If the reality that 27 other teams are unwilling to give Revis the salary demands he wants he might return to the Jets. Or maybe a team will come to terms with Revis, in which case the Jets get two first round picks. Either of which is better for the Jets than having him miss the season.

It all depends on how the Jets start the year. If they are 2-1 or 3-0 then they hold the hammer and it will be up to Revis to decide if he sits the rest of the year or comes back at what the Jets offer.

If they start off poorly then I think the Jets get a deal done real fast and get him in here ASAP.

I still stand by initial thoughts from over a month ago- he aint playing this season. And he'll probably never play for the Jets again.

If he plays for a team other than the Jets it'll be four years from now, m/b five years if we can franchise him after his contract runs out.

Let him waste the best years of his career.

No way we trade him unless it's a ridiculous offer - 2 firsts, 2 seconds and a decent player.

where is the most obvious answer ?

signs a 160 million dollar deal the saturday before the monday night game, gives up a TD and tears his ACL ?

... i'll go with misses week 1 vs. ravens ... get's pressure from team-mates to come back ... accepts a paltry 120mil over 10years 40mil guaranteed ... picks off a brady to moss pass at the end of the game to seal the deal week 2 B) ...

l_j_r

It all depends on how the Jets start the year. If they are 2-1 or 3-0 then they hold the hammer and it will be up to Revis to decide if he sits the rest of the year or comes back at what the Jets offer.

If they start off poorly then I think the Jets get a deal done real fast and get him in here ASAP.

If they start off poorly it will more than likely be because they can't score points. Revis can't score points either.

... i'll go with misses week 1 vs. ravens ... get's pressure from team-mates to come back ... accepts a paltry 120mil over 10years 40mil guaranteed ... picks off a brady to moss pass at the end of the game to seal the deal week 2 B) ...

l_j_r

We hear the jokes on Hard Knocks, but where are his teammates, calling him everyday? Why don't we hear about Sanchez calling him? Bart Scott calling him? Jim Leonard?

They do these kinds of things with Free Agents, why not with Revis?

l_j_r

what's it like rooting for the colts ?

j/k

Athlete making music records = Insane

When this whole Revision thing is over you will believe me. Revis has gone loco on us. I don't mean he's become unreasonable, I mean full blown insane. Cannot pass reality testing questions.

Not that I put much stock in this....but a friend of mine who's in music and has met a ton of athletes/celebrities, met Revis a few months back and he said he came off like a spoiled 12 year old, while Kevin Durant was one of the most level headed dudes he had came across.

Not that I put much stock in this....but a friend of mine who's in music and has met a ton of athletes/celebrities, met Revis a few months back and he said he came off like a spoiled 12 year old, while Kevin Durant was one of the most level headed dudes he had came across.

He didn't sign his Topps rookie card?

Athlete making music records = Insane

When this whole Revision thing is over you will believe me. Revis has gone loco on us. I don't mean he's become unreasonable, I mean full blown insane. Cannot pass reality testing questions.

I agree with you Banner and it's a shame.

Time for me to throw my 2 cents in. I think he'll be back soon. None of us know the WHOLE story, but I think we can make some reasonable assumptions;

1) The front office wants him here, they may not be willing to meet his exact demands (or they may not even be ABLE to meet them), but they certainly want him here. He makes too much of a difference for the FO not to want to meet him somewhere in the middle. So at the end of the day, the organization will be willing to compromise.

2) It doesn't make much financial sense for him to hold out all year, as far as I can tell. (Again, I'm not qualified to say for sure, but...) he sits out all season, then he sacrifices the entire season worth of pay. If there's a lock out in 2011 that returns in 2012, he is in HUGE trouble: first, he lost all his salary this season, second, he'll be 2 years out of football, 2 years older, and still under Jets contract, so he will unlikely get a payday. If there's no lockout, he is still under contract for years, and the JETS are NOT going to give him what he wants after sitting out a year, nor will any team he's traded to be willing to give a 1 year hold out the kind of payday that Aso in Oakland got.

Archived