Parcells Dissapointed in Development of Henne

BroadwayJoe12

no, I mean jets ownership or GM

I can prove it

post 5 things each about woody and tanny that are 100% purely complimentary, no sarcasm or "backhanded compliments"

I bet you can't do it

Unless one is a dyed-in-the-wool homer, there is no way anyone can do that, IMO. I can give you two for each:

Tannenbaum manages the cap well and finds good players in each draft.

Woody will spend money and is clearly driven to increase the public profile of the Jets.

Otherwise, both have a lot to prove. wouldn't you agree?

Unless one is a dyed-in-the-wool homer, there is no way anyone can do that, IMO. I can give you two for each:

Woody will spend money and is clearly driven to increase the public profile of the Jets.

Please see Yosemite Sam, 12 posts up.

George Young drafted Derek Brown, Brian Alford and Jarrod Bunch with first round picks. sh*tty draft picks happen, and I'd never try to defend Parcells' drafting (Rick Terry? Dorian Boose?), but the man HAS put a contender on the field wherever he's gone. That he's done it with some bad picks makes it all the more impressive. He's never had a Peyton Manning-type pick that would gloss over all his ugly ones.

He never had a Peyton Manning pick because he is moron. We love to talk about how teams are built with the lines. He turned Orlando Pace into Walter Jones and assorted stiffs. Then he turned Walter Jones into James Farrior and Leon Johnson. Then he benched Farrior and only used him in his walk year. For all the trade down talk every year, wouldn't it have been nicer to have one of those two at LT for a decade rather than adding Derick Ward, Terry Day and Rick Terry?

I don't think the fact that the fat ****er does it with bad picks is so impressive. He has a talent for putting together a roster, but I think he's much better suited for it as coach where he is filling out the bottom of the roster rather than GM where he is making talent evaluations of top players. I think time has told that BB was the brains of the outfit. Parcells may have been the heart. He is very skilled at instilling a mindset and getting a team to play for him. OTOH, his carpetbagger mentality keeps me from being very impressed. Have his teams won a single playoff game since BB left?

Henne seemed good in a big game aginst the Jets last year...i think it was monday night. LOL

Sanchez seemed good in a big game against the Dolphins last year... I think t was monday night. LOL. Things aren't always what they seem.

Tanny is also real good at signing quality FA's, and a master trader.

Tanny is also real good at signing quality FA's....

Guys like Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard? Both good free agent pick-ups. But they were GREAT free agent pick-ups years before when Ozzie Newsone picked them up off the street for pennies. The major FA's Tanny had brought in are here because he outbid everybody else (except for Leonhard who is still getting top dollar). And where are these masterful trades where he fleeced another team? His best trade was for Kris Jenkins, who was an injury-prone malcontent in Carolina that cost us a two and a four(?). Worth it, but it's not like Tanny stole him.

Guys like Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard? Both good free agent pick-ups. But they were GREAT free agent pick-ups years before when Ozzie Newsone picked them up off the street for pennies. The major FA's Tanny had brought in are here because he outbid everybody else (except for Leonhard who is still getting top dollar). And where are these masterful trades where he fleeced another team? His best trade was for Kris Jenkins, who was an injury-prone malcontent in Carolina that cost us a two and a four(?). Worth it, but it's not like Tanny stole him.

Off the top of my head, the trade up to get Sanchez, and getting Holmes for a 5th were both major steals.

Henne seemed good in a big game aginst the Jets last year...i think it was Monday

night. LOL

Actually that wasn't a big game since it was early in the season.

A big game is when the playoffs are on the line like the final 3 games of last season when the Henne led Fins went 0-3 and Henne threw more INTs than TDs.

Henne seemed good in a big game aginst the Jets last year...i think it was monday night. LOL

How did he do when he controlled his own destiny?

He helped the Jets get in, that's how he did!

You are right, he's great in the big games!

For us! :rl:

All of this Henne Vs Sanchez sh*t will die. Mark will prove to be leaps and bounds better then Hen and it's starts this year. No more hiding behind the wild kitty.

I personally don't give a sh*t who becomes the better individual QB. As long as Sanchez and the Jets are the better team. Case in point Manning is much better than Brady imo but I'll take Brady's career over Manning's to date, simply put because of the rings. Ah puke, middle finger and shutup TX icon

I personally don't give a sh*t who becomes the better individual QB. As long as Sanchez and the Jets are the better team. Case in point Manning is much better than Brady imo but I'll take Brady's career over Manning's to date, simply put because of the rings. Ah puke, middle finger and shutup TX icon

I'd rather not be known as a cheater.

You lost me on that one. Much better?

lol

knew it

Imagine how many rings Manning would have if the Colts were cheating all those years.

ahahahahagagaga its soooo true. the fags a gunna suck so baaad. theyre qb is sooo freakin bad bro. sanchize is a million imes better. 4-12? haaaa, they gonna be the lions this year!!!!!!0-16 ahahahahaghagagagaghhahaga. parcells knows henne sucks it!!!! i knews it !!!!

Years ago I used to read posts by some guy named Jetdawg (who I actually even met, the dude stole my Cheetos at tailgate, but I digress). I used to read his posts and think that no one would ever leave me scratching my head as much after reading it. I was wrong.

Archived