Parcells Dissapointed in Development of Henne

BroadwayJoe12

According to NFL.com's Vic Carucci, former Dolphins VP of Football Operations Bill Parcells was "very disappointed" in the development of Chad Henne before stepping down earlier this week.

"I will say, for whatever weight this carries, that Bill Parcells is very disappointed in him," Carucci said on the radio Friday. "But that's not what made Bill resign his position or anything." Henne was very bad in the preseason, completing fewer than 50 percent of his passes with a 5.1 yards per attempt average. He certainly can't be called a bust yet, but we've seen nothing since the end of 2009 that suggests Henne will take "the next step." Sep. 10 - 7:48 pm et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=181396

Because I don't feel as though we've had a thread solely related to bashing the fins in a while and these things are always fun. Not to mention the added bonus of the Henne v Sanchez debate coming to fruition in a few days.

I was just reading this on PFT:

Bills Parcells reportedly "disappointed" in Chad Henne

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 10, 2010 7:31 PM ETA training camp that started sunny in Miami has given way to an increasing number of dark clouds over the Dolphins franchise. Add this comment from NFL.com's Vic Carucci to the mix:

"I will say, for whatever weight this carries, that BillParcells is very disappointed in [Chad Henne]," Carucci said on WEEI on Friday. "But that's not what made Bill resign his position or anything."

Unfortunately, the show's hosts cut Carucci off with jokes before the listeners could learn more, but the point was made. Carucci is tight with Parcells, and you can be sure those concerns extend throughout the upper brass of the organization.

There have been other red flags for Miami over the last month. Parcells abruptly left. Much-hyped rookie linebacker Koa Misi lost his starting job. CornerbackSean Smith lost his job to Jason Allen. The offensive line is unsettled.

None of these issues are backbreakers; it's only the preseason. But they combine to make a team that should be on the rise enter the season with a lot of bad vibes.

Henne's development is the key. He slogged through an inconsistent preseason and training camp, dimming some of my optimism that the Dolphins were going to be a playoff team this year.

I still think Henne can be a very good NFL starter. But Carucci's statements make you wonder whether we'll going to hear more columns touting Chad Pennington for the starting job if the Dolphins start slowly.

Miami fans are mentally retarded. I don't blame them that they think Henne is going to be good. They really are ****ed up in the head. Have fun going 4-12, FAGS!!!

ahahahahagagaga its soooo true. the fags a gunna suck so baaad. theyre qb is sooo freakin bad bro. sanchize is a million imes better. 4-12? haaaa, they gonna be the lions this year!!!!!!0-16 ahahahahaghagagagaghhahaga. parcells knows henne sucks it!!!! i knews it !!!!

ahahahahagagaga its soooo true. the fags a gunna suck so baaad. theyre qb is sooo freakin bad bro. sanchize is a million imes better. 4-12? haaaa, they gonna be the lions this year!!!!!!0-16 ahahahahaghagagagaghhahaga. parcells knows henne sucks it!!!! i knews it !!!!

WTF

Seems like someone found the single-malt a little early tonight.

this is so funny, I was reading one of the dolphins message boards and their fans are freaking out like ants under a magnifying glass.

they have already turned on bill parcells who was responsible for them even being vaguely relevant again.

I really hope the bills beat them this weekend, that would just give me the perfect sunday.

this is so funny, I was reading one of the dolphins message boards and their fans are freaking out like ants under a magnifying glass.

they have already turned on bill parcells who was responsible for them even being vaguely relevant again.

I really hope the bills beat them this weekend, that would just give me the perfect sunday.

They wouldn't believe us when we told them that the Fat Tuna would quit within 3 years. I'm LMFAO!! Where's Crashing Jerk?

I said some months ago that if Henne gets off to a bad start for the first few games that Pennington might find himself the starter. Everybody said I was nuts, that Henne is forever implanted as the Dolphins' QB for the next several years.

Things seem to be moving in the Pennington direction. If Henne flops, they draft a new QB hope and Pennington plays the first year while the guy gets ready. Only then does Pennington step aside, by which time he'll be what-37 or so? :lol::lol:

Exactly, this is why the Giants didn't net stars like Ted Ginn Jr, Pat White and Patrick Turner in the first three rounds of the draft. Bill Parcells shoppin' for groceries!

George Young drafted Derek Brown, Brian Alford and Jarrod Bunch with first round picks. sh*tty draft picks happen, and I'd never try to defend Parcells' drafting (Rick Terry? Dorian Boose?), but the man HAS put a contender on the field wherever he's gone. That he's done it with some bad picks makes it all the more impressive. He's never had a Peyton Manning-type pick that would gloss over all his ugly ones.

George Young drafted Derek Brown, Brian Alford and Jarrod Bunch with first round picks. sh*tty draft picks happen, and I'd never try to defend Parcells' drafting (Rick Terry? Dorian Boose?), but the man HAS put a contender on the field wherever he's gone. That he's done it with some bad picks makes it all the more impressive. He's never had a Peyton Manning-type pick that would gloss over all his ugly ones.

I am sure Parcells would not be thrilled with Sanchez at this point either..preseason means nothing

Fwiw, Parcells was "disappointed" with Phil Simms even when he was winning Super Bowls with him.

I like how Parcells floats this out there to save face as the reason why he didnt deliver a Championship.

"Henne wasnt the reason he stepped down." Yeah, right.

Its always about Parcells and his image.

Archived