NFl To Investigate troubling Jets Locker Room Incident

Vudu

Jets act like "frat boys" when female reporter visits practice

Posted by Mike Florio on September 11, 2010 6:59 PM ET

Though the NFL Films cameras are now gone, potential distractions remain at Jets practice.

A female reporter from TV Azteca was present today. Multiple sources with knowledge of the situation tell us that the Jets responded to her presence by "acting like frat boys."

Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post made reference to the situation via Twitter on a couple of occasions. Hubbuch said that defensive backs coach Dennis Thurman was reportedly overthrowing players in drills so that they could "accidentally" run into her. Hubbuch also says that at one point linebacker Jason Taylor volunteered to take reps in the drill.

Hubbuch described the scene as "hilarious," but that sentiment wasn't universal. We're told that the reporter went into the locker room after practice, and that some of the players behaved like construction workers and/or prison inmates. [uPDATE: Apparently, some construction workers don't appreciate the acknowledgment that the industry is well known for producing countless examples of men whistling and hooting and hollering at attractive women. Maybe the complaints are better directed to their colleagues who whistle and hoot and holler at attractive women.]

One source said that defensive tackle Kris Jenkins was the loudest of the bunch, at one point exclaiming "this is our locker room," as if to justify the conduct.

Some believe that the reporter appeared to be embarrassed, to the point of being close to tears. Other reporters found the behavior of the players to be juvenile.

NFL to investigate "troubling" Jets locker-room incident

Posted by Mike Florio on September 12, 2010 1:54 PM ET

On Saturday, a female reporter from TV Azteca visited Jets practice. And she quickly became the center of attention.

In the locker room after practice, some players behaved in a manner that multiple reporters regarded as inappropriate. And now the league is investigating the situation.

"When we first heard of it, we immediately started the process of looking into it," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told USA Today. "It's troubling. We've had contact with the team multiple times and are moving very aggressively to establish the facts."

Aiello said that Commissioner Roger Goodell is aware of the incident and "wants the facts."

Not every reporter regarded the actions of the players to be inappropriate. One reporter who requested anonymity said that it was "mainly hooting and hollering" in the locker room and that it "didn't appear to be threatening in the least."

In 1990, Zeke Mowatt and a group of other Patriots players subjected reporter Lisa Olson to significant harassment; she later sued the team and secured a sizable settlement. Mowatt and two other players were fined by the league.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Immature yes, but if it's Maria Ines that was reporting, I honestly can't blame em.

I've seen her prance around different sporting events dressed as such;

ines_sainz2.jpg

101008-ines-sainz1.jpg

Not trying to sound like a chauvenist, but if you don't want to be objectified, don't go into a man's lockeroom dressed looking like that. I don't condone what the guys were doing, but as long as it wasn't mean-spirited or hurtful, than I don't really care.

Ohhh and secondly... DAMNNnnn

Immature yes, but if it's Maria Ines that was reporting, I honestly can't blame em.

ines_sainz2.jpg

101008-ines-sainz1.jpg

Not trying to sound like a chauvenist, but if you don't want to be objectified, don't go into a man's lockeroom dressed looking like that. I don't condone what the guys were doing, but as long as it wasn't mean-spirited or hurtful, than I don't really care.

What he said ^

ines_sainz2.jpg

101008-ines-sainz1.jpg

So its OK to harass her because of what she's wearing? What about being a ******* professional. Most of these dumb asses are married men as well.

How hard is it to act like a ******* professional?

Their act is wearing thin @ this point. No ******* discipline. It's like the inmates are running the asylum

C'mon. I'm not condoning what they did (not that we even know) but that's how football players act. Let's not act like other teams are so ****ing professional and won't do this crap. Out on the street they say "don't act like you're in a lockerroom." Well, they were in the lockerroom.

As far as this "investigation" who else has a feeling it's going to be like when the investigated the diner on Seinfeld because they only hired waitresses with big boobs? They've contacted the Jets numerous times? I can only imagine how many times they have "been in contact" with Ines Sainz. You can bet they did it in person and not over the phone.

So its OK to harass her because of what she's wearing? What about being a ******* professional. Most of these dumb asses are married men as well.

Obviously, on your way to argue your point, you must have glossed over the part, where I clearly stated that I did not condone what they did. I was merely offering that if she wants to be less objectified, do not dress like a hooker tart going into a locker room with 53+ half naked to naked men. Because she's a beautiful girl, she will probably still get some looks, however, when you have assets like she does, it's probably best not to wear your clothes painted on.

If I based my whole career off of looking good and acting slutty, then how could I enter the most testosterone driven place in the world and not expect to be flirted with? It's not that it isn't wrong (I don't know specifically what was said, none of us do), but the problem is that it is pretty friggin stupid to not see that coming. BTW I didn't realize that women were allowed in the locker rooms... when they're dressing???? WTF??

BTW she just went to talk to Mark Sanchez? Why??? Cause his ancestors were Mexican????

If I based my whole career off of looking good and acting slutty, then how could I enter the most testosterone driven place in the world and not expect to be flirted with? It's not that it isn't wrong (I don't know specifically what was said, none of us do), but the problem is that it is pretty friggin stupid to not see that coming. BTW I didn't realize that women were allowed in the locker rooms... when they're dressing???? WTF??

BTW she just went to talk to Mark Sanchez? Why??? Cause his ancestors were Mexican????

Get with the times. It's discriminatory to not allow women into the mens locker room. Career opportunities and all that.

Think I'll sue the nearest women-only fitness center for limiting career opportunities, based solely on my gender, by not allowing me to hand out towels in their locker room.

Get with the times. It's discriminatory to not allow women into the mens locker room. Career opportunities and all that.

Think I'll sue the nearest women-only fitness center for limiting career opportunities, based solely on my gender, by not allowing me to hand out towels in their locker room.

They have their own sports. Men aren't allowed into women's locker rooms in women's sports. What male reporter wouldn't want to interview female tennis players in their locker rooms, in variosu states of undress?

BS.. im sorry but Azteca lady parades around NFL practice fields totally flaunting her sh*t and guys aren't supposed to react like that?? I mean look at her and tell me another female reporter that dresses like her? Thats the thing with female spanish reporters. They all dress like freaking hookers on the job. Turn on any Hispanic news show and compare that sh*t to an American broadcast. Im hispanic and yes I love the eye candy but i wont deny that its completely unprofessional. If she doesnt want to get hooted and hollered at then dont wear jeans that ride up the crack of your a$$ and dont wear shirts where your t!ts are practically popping out.

She should be more professional, she's dressed like a hooker.

it's called self control, they should invest in some.

Just because a random naked chick is laying in front of you doesnt mean you have to have sex with her.

So she was asking to be discriminated against? Go back to 1960 where that sh*t would fly!

You guys are just filled with Lulz tonight.

No, where do you get this lulz?

What I'm saying is neither party was acting very professional.

And they're not being accused of discrimination here. :blink:

How hard is it to act like a ******* professional?

Their act is wearing thin @ this point. No ******* discipline. It's like the inmates are running the asylum

Well i would like to see a pic of what this "professional journalist was wearing, but for now I am going to assume it is the same as the countless pics of her on the sidelines at other sporting events, spandex jeans riding up the crack of her a$$. Heck, there are even pics of her at the superbowl being paraded on the shoulders of some Colts players, was she worried about not being treated professionally then? If you want to be a journalist and be taken seriously as a woman, you need to dress the part. Dress like you are turning $20 tricks at the puerto rican day parade and don't be surprised about how you are treated.

Archived