Randy Moss to the Vikes?

slats

Unintended tweet sparks rumors of Moss-to-Minny move

Posted by Mike Florio on October 5, 2010 7:31 PM ET

Bill Simmons of ESPN is reporting, sort of, the existence of rumors regarding a trade that would send receiver Randy Moss from the Patriots back to the Vikings.

Wow.

Making the situation even more intriguing is the fact that Simmons inadvertently put the information on his Twitter page at a time that he was intending to send out the information as a direct message only.

Let the chase begin.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unintended tweet sparks rumors of Moss-to-Minny move

Posted by Mike Florio on October 5, 2010 7:31 PM ET

Bill Simmons of ESPN is reporting, sort of, the existence of rumors regarding a trade that would send receiver Randy Moss from the Patriots back to the Vikings.

Wow.

Making the situation even more intriguing is the fact that Simmons inadvertently put the information on his Twitter page at a time that he was intending to send out the information as a direct message only.

Let the chase begin.

um, wow!!

I would be down for that. We still have both Revis and Cro...2 CBs that Moss has historically had trouble with..... And now he wouldn't be on the Pats anymore. BB in his endless arrogance looks like he wants to put together a truly all white offense.

Glazer saying the same thing...Wow!

Glazer: Vikings, Patriots talking trade for Moss

Posted by Mike Florio on October 5, 2010 7:55 PM ET

Well, Bill Simmons was right.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the Vikings and the Patriots are working on a trade that would send receiver Randy Moss back to Minnesota, the place where his career began.

Glazer reports that the deal is contingent on the Vikings working out terms of a new contract with Moss, who is signed through 2010.

Ironically, the Vikings were widely believed to have a deal in place with receiver Vincent Jackson, but that they couldn't work out the terms of a trade.

Stay tuned

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/05/glazer-vikings-patriots-talking-trade-for-moss/

These old school guys crack me up on twitter. Cimini did the same thing before the first Hard Knocks episode. Looks like he meant to send a text message and sent it out via twitter. Watching some of these guys type on their blackberry's during training camp was hysterical.

They seriously miss their typewriters.

ESPN just reported it as well.

The Patriots would be absolutely moronic if they do this...seriously. Their offense will be done. He makes it work. With out it, who scares you? They have no one to take the top of the D and all those little undersized WR's will get murdered with safeties not worried about Moss.

This is just ignorant and stupid and I love it.

Wow....an early rematch between Moss and the Douchebag? Does the hammy act up again this time around or does Darrelle man up and play?

Either way...I wouldn't mind this deal one bit.

Moss burns Revis for a few TD's, Jets win 38-24!

These old school guys crack me up on twitter. Cimini did the same thing before the first Hard Knocks episode. Looks like he meant to send a text message and sent it out via twitter. Watching some of these guys type on their blackberry's during training camp was hysterical.

They seriously miss their typewriters.

Simmons was actually one of the pioneers of internet sportswriting. He's been around since the beginning and actually tweets all the time. Seems more like a purposeful "mistake" than a guy who didn't know what he was doing.

Please let this be true. Please let this be true.

This looks true all its pending on is a new contract. I'm shocked.

This is hilarious. In one of my fantasy drafts, I took Moss and some one started doggin me because he said he was going to get cut or traded. And I laughed hysterically in his face along with many others.

I feel really silly right now.

Simmons was actually one of the pioneers of internet sportswriting. He's been around since the beginning and actually tweets all the time. Seems more like a purposeful "mistake" than a guy who didn't know what he was doing.

Good point. And I was just stepping up on my soap box to make fun of Cimini. Can't ever let an opportunity to do that pass.

I do agree, it would have most likely been deleted if it wasn't a mistake.

ESPN just reported it as well.

The Patriots would be absolutely moronic if they do this...seriously. Their offense will be done. He makes it work. With out it, who scares you? They have no one to take the top of the D and all those little undersized WR's will get murdered with safeties not worried about Moss.

This is just ignorant and stupid and I love it.

How're they done without Moss? He did nothing Monday night and they wrecked Miami...Not only that but the HC/QB combo won 3 Super Bowls WITHOUT Moss.

Seriously...the Vikings deserve their props but this isn't the end of the Pats...it's the end of Moss' time in New England. I kinda like the move for them...WR is one area of the roster they have young talent at and it's always been a position where they manufacture production from by having that Brady guy. Welker/Edelman/Tate is going to be frustrating, just like Branch/Brown/Givens was frustrating and won them games...and I didn't even mention the two TEs that everyone loves.

In short:

Excellent deal for the Vikings, but anyone who thinks the Pats would do this to consciously make their team worse is significantly mistaken. The idea that Belichick is some fool who just got duped is laughable at best...This is still the same HC who presided over the best team of the last decade, and he's still got his QB.

How're they done without Moss? He did nothing Monday night and they wrecked Miami...Not only that but the HC/QB combo won 3 Super Bowls WITHOUT Moss.

Seriously...the Vikings deserve their props but this isn't the end of the Pats...it's the end of Moss' time in New England. I kinda like the move for them...WR is one area of the roster they have young talent at and it's always been a position where they manufacture production from by having that Brady guy. Welker/Edelman/Tate is going to be frustrating, just like Branch/Brown/Givens was frustrating and won them games...and I didn't even mention the two TEs that everyone loves.

In short:

Excellent deal for the Vikings, but anyone who thinks the Pats would do this to consciously make their team worse is significantly mistaken. The idea that Belichick is some fool who just got duped is laughable at best...This is still the same HC who presided over the best team of the last decade, and he's still got his QB.

1. Moss wrecks games even if his numbers suck. You have to defend a team with Randy Moss on it COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY than one with Welker, Hernandez and a bunch of crap.

2. The teams that cheated their way the SB's without Moss had a good defense. The 2010 Pats are a bottom 5 D in the NFL.

Archived