Randy Moss to the Vikes?

slats

They were loaded with great playmaking DB's who were awesome at mugging WR's and videotapes of other teams' signals. They don't have either of those now.

There's other ways to get another team's signals..

Also, personally I really like their young DB talent. Butler, Chung, and McCourty are going to be players...

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I hope they get him there before we play him this weekend. Look at how Favre is playing right now because he chose to sit out all of training camp and has no chemistry with his receivers. Receivers that he played with all last season. Sidney Rice is a nice player don't get me wrong, but he was not the difference between utter suckage and a superpower offense. Brett Favre stink right now. He stinks because his age has caught up with him and because he has no timing with his receivers.

So what does MIN do? They go get a receiver that really is a 1 trick pony deep route runner and are gonna try to throw him in the mix with Favre with less than a week of practice together. How is this a bad thing for the Jets? How is having Brett Favre stand back there like a statue waiting to force bomb after bomb to Randy Moss a bad thing for this Jets defense? I'm going to make a bold prediction right now-If Randy Moss does in fact get traded to the Vikes and plays against us, Brett Favre will not make it through the game. Bank it.

<3 u

I like what Belichick is doing...He's thinking big picture and like I said...He knows who his guy is and who his best player is.

Anytime a team trades a player for a pick during the season, they're definitely thinking big picture - they're thinking about next season. Randy's no locker room leader, but he's not a negative. This is certainly not a case of addition by subtraction. This would simply be a case of getting something while they can. Maybe it shows confidence in the guys left behind, but I think it's a mixed message at best. Players have to be wondering what they're thinking trading away a weapon like that.

There's other ways to get another team's signals..

Also, personally I really like their young DB talent. Butler, Chung, and McCourty are going to be players...

Chung is a great ST player it seems. That being said he can't cover you or me. (he gave up that TD to Bess last night) Butler is beyond brutal as anyone with 2 eyes knows and McCourty could be decent.

they're thinking about next season.

Agreed that the Pats are clearly looking past 2010 though...They have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds next year...They'll probably have two picks in the top 20...They own a terrible Carolina team's 2nd round pick...

Overall I agree with your point of view...I just don't think it'll hold that team back as much as everyone here seems convinced it will. I mean really...the idea that a Tom Brady led offense was built around another player? Sure...for a year or two w/e you want to call it...but if you have a great QB then it's pretty much a lock that he's the focal point of the offense.

That's very true, BUT to think that the O is built around Moss and that they'll just roll over and die now is too much.

Agreed that the Pats are clearly looking past 2010 though...They have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds next year...They'll probably have two picks in the top 20...They own a terrible Carolina team's 2nd round pick...

Overall I agree with your point of view...I just don't think it'll hold that team back as much as everyone here seems to hope/think it will.

They always have a billion picks. Thats nothing new. They just don't draft awfully well.

Chung is a great ST player it seems. That being said he can't cover you or me. (he gave up that TD to Bess last night) Butler is beyond brutal as anyone with 2 eyes knows and McCourty could be decent.

They're young dude...they're going to have sh*tty moments. Chung looks like your prototypical SS...Butler's got the best athleticism and pure man to man skills of the 3...McCourty is the big, physical CB.

Iunno...gut feel has me thinking their "downfall" is ridiculously overstated and more of a dream/wish than actual reality. They're going through the lull that comes from having one group of great, great players move on/retire. Most franchises that loses future HOFers like they have over the past 3-4 years tend to fall off the face of a cliff...They just seem to be in transition...the plus is that their HC is forcing the issue and pushing his young players...Only a good thing for their long term.

I was unaware they won or even appeared in the 2005 SB?

Was I implying that they were?

I said they wont fall apart, not that they will win a SB. They were still able to compete in 2005, won a playoff game. They had no worse a team then than they do now, that team was brutal around Brady.

Was I implying that they were?

When you respond to the post:

Pats did it w/ mediocre WRs when their defense was great. Their defense is, well, not great. Unless they parlay this into Vincent Jackson, this is a move that weakens the team this year.

With:

Yes, yes you were.

They always have a billion picks. Thats nothing new. They just don't draft awfully well.

See I'd like to believe that but I'm looking at their first round picks from the past few years right now and the only bust is Maroney...It's fun to think that they can't draft well but it's mostly based on hearsay and bullsh*t. Mostly, it was really hard to make the team.

I personally hope the deal falls thru. Think of Randy hanging out on the pats all year, feeling more unloved than earlier in the year. Total locker room distraction. then, as less and less balls get thrown his way, he gets even more Randyish.

Now, if it does get done, let it be after Monday.

I have Randy Moss in two leagues and started trying to move him yesterday, because I could tell he was completely done with the Pats. There was no way he was going to do anything the rest of the year for them. I don't know why but they just don't like him now, and he is going to return the favor. He's also 33 and I question if he still has it.

If he gets traded to the Vikes I might have to withdraw my offers.

But the thing is, WRs never do well when traded during the season. Also Favre sucks. He sucks harder than a JN mod at a truck stop. I don't think it matters where Randy Moss goes now, his skills are diminished and he will only be positive on a winning team where he is contributing. I don't hate the guy or anything, that's just how it is. I actually liked the guy at least until he became a Patriot.

When you respond to the post:

Pats did it w/ mediocre WRs when their defense was great. Their defense is, well, not great. Unless they parlay this into Vincent Jackson, this is a move that weakens the team this year.

With:

Yes, yes you were.

No it wasn't. Nowhere have I or Senorgato posted that the Pats will win the SB without Moss, just that they will be in the mix come the end of the season. We're arguing that they wont be "done" like MadMike thinks they will be.

So when you write the Pats "did it" I was assuming you simply meant compete. They were able to compete in 2005 and there's no reason they wont be able to in 2010.

I never thought they'd win the SB with or without Moss anyways.

First off Losing Moss will not hurt the Pats O. Case in point they run the same O as Denver they lose Marshall have 4 no name WR's and Kyle ******* Orton who is on pace to break Dan Marino's passing yards record. Oh and Brandon Tate can stretch the D think Mike Wallace dont sleep on him. I just hope Rex isnt thinking like most of you for our 2nd meeting without Randy.

First off Losing Moss will not hurt the Pats O. Case in point they run the same O as Denver they lose Marshall have 4 no name WR's and Kyle ******* Orton who is on pace to break Dan Marino's passing yards record. Oh and Brandon Tate can stretch the D think Mike Wallace dont sleep on him. I just hope Rex isnt thinking like most of you for our 2nd meeting without Randy.

umm yeah..the guy had 23 TD catches a few years ago

Yep...They've played 4 games, won 3, and Moss has less than 150 yards...Double teams or not the offense clearly doesn't depend on him.

Oh how you underestimate the impact of randy moss. Unless he is covered by a healthy Revis, Moss almost always draws a double team.

umm yeah..the guy had 23 TD catches a few years ago

And no Ring who gives a **** about 75 TD catches without a ring. Pats will get back to slowly bleeding the clock take what the D will give them and frustrate the sh*t out of you with ome of the best QB's ever. **** I hate typing that.

You guys have a real short memory unreal. 2001, 2003, 2004, who was the guy anyone double teamed. Can you name the WR with the most catches, TD catches, Yards without googling it. I didnt think so, oh in case you forgot the Pats won the superbowl those years. Brady is the straw thst stirs the drink not Moss end of story.

Oh how you underestimate the impact of randy moss. Unless he is covered by a healthy Revis, Moss almost always draws a double team.

Yes, but then it becomes a matter of how much they care about someone being double teamed...Strong routes and hands are the key to WR play and the Pats realized that years ago.

Archived