Randy Moss to the Vikes?

slats

This. Cant wait to see that offense without him. Ha! This is crazy stuff.

I just cant see that offense operating the way it has without him...but I'll guess all those debates will finally be put to rest this season.

This is nutty.

If they get V-Jax it was worth it.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does everyone automatically assume this is going to happen?

I agree it would make sense but there are a variety of factors at play there. Jackson would still need to be signed and are the Pats, who are notorious for not going after big name free agents, going to be willing to pony up for a long term big money deal AND part with a 1st-round pick to get him? Because that's what it will take.

Remember they got Moss on the cheap. The one big money FA they've signed was Adalius Thomas and that didn't work out liek they were hoping (not that I was surprised in the least by that. ;) )

I want to say there is no way thats happening, but then again, I thought there was no way it would happen with Randy too.

But yes, hypothetically V-Jax would fill in nicely and essentially create the same dilemma teams face when going up against the Pats.

All I know is that this trade somehow makes both the Patriots and the Vikings terrible.

Haha!

If this was a good deal for the Pats, wouldn't we've heard about it from the Pats trolls by now? They're conspicuously quiet on this one.

All I know is that this trade somehow makes both the Patriots and the Vikings terrible.

Ha! I agree with the Pats, but you really think it makes the Vikings terrible? I dont see how...other than maybe Favre force feeding the ball to Moss. But you got to think it helps them the same way it helps the Pats. He takes the top off and opens it up for the likes of AP, Harvin, Shiancoe and Camarillo...and then when Rice gets back...that seems pretty potent.

Why does everyone automatically assume this is going to happen?

I agree it would make sense but there are a variety of factors at play there. Jackson would still need to be signed and are the Pats, who are notorious for not going after big name free agents, going to be willing to pony up for a long term big money deal AND part with a 1st-round pick to get him? Because that's what it will take.

Remember they got Moss on the cheap. The one big money FA they've signed was Adalius Thomas and that didn't work out liek they were hoping (not that I was surprised in the least by that. ;) )

Ahem. I wrote IF THEY GET. Not WHEN. I fully understand it's not a set in stone move, but it would be a smart move on their part considering the amount of draft picks they have.

Tate might develop into a good deep threat for them but V-Jax is more like Moss than Tate because of how physical that dude is. My point was simply that if they get V-Jax, the trade was worth it. Otherwise, I think it's a terrible move.

I want to say there is no way thats happening, but then again, I thought there was no way it would happen with Randy too.

But yes, hypothetically V-Jax would fill in nicely and essentially create the same dilemma teams face when going up against the Pats.

Yea- as a Jet fan I'm doing back flips that Randy is gone. I wouldn't feel as good if they got V-Jax.

Don't Smith and Belichick despise each other?

I think so...that trade just doesnt seem plausible. Would the Chargers really trade their best WR to the Pats who they would most likely have to face during the season and in the playoffs (assuming either team goes). Just doesnt make sense on the Chargers side and doesnt seem like a trade the Pats would do because of the cost associated. They'll have to give up multiple picks and resign him long term.

RANDY MAWSS WAS NAVAH A TRUE GREATRIOT!

tommy.jpg

Well, well, well. Anathah Awktobah is upawn us. I feel a little chant coming awn, I do believe. How’s that chant go again? Oh, yes. Yes, I remembah now…

FACK THE YANKEES!

CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP!

FACK THE YANKEES!

CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP!

FACK THE YANKEES!

CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP!

Do you New Yark faggots really think you can win anathah Warld Series with Old Man Jetah hawbblin’ around the base paths? I BEG TO DIFFAH! And A-Rawd still slapped the bawll like a faggot in 2004! I SAW IT WHEN I WAWTCHED FOUR-AH DAYS IN AWKTOBAH FAR THE SIXTH TIME LAST NIGHT!

You think you stand a chance when the legendary MEN OF THE SAWX THAT AHHH RED AHHH NAWT IN THE PLAYAWFFS TO HELP ELEVATE YOUR-AH GAME? You people ahhh as naïve as evah! Let me tell you cawkgawbblahs something about how baseball works…

(catches something out of the corner of his eye)

What was that?

dannywoodhead.jpg

(buys 37 Woodhead jerseys for his 37 siblings)

(“Dream Weaver” plays in Tommy’s head)

(rainbows shoot from Woodhead’s a$$hole)

DANNY WOODHEAD IS EXACTLY THE KIND OF SHAWT IN THE AHHHHHM THIS GREATRIOT TEAM NEEDS! HE IS OW-AH FOOTBAWLL PEDROIAH! I can feel it! I always know a playah is special when I know I’ll tell my grandkid that I gawt to wawtch him compete! THAT IS DANNY WOODHEAD! I dunno. There-ah is something about this kid that’s special! I can’t put my finger awn it!

Oh yeah. I know. HE’S NO DAHHHKIE!

Finally, a great white running back to cawll ow-ah own! WE DESERVE THIS AFTAH WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CELTICS! Danny Woodhead is a folk hero! A legend! ONLY IN BAWSTON COULD HIS STORY BE TOLD!

(would never say the same thing about Kenneth Darby)

I always thawt Welkah was ow-ah non-dahkie Troy Brown. And now, finally, we have TWO non-dahkie Troy Browns! That is just the kind of great chemistry this team needs! You do NAWT win championships with selfish dahkie wideouts. You can only win titles with GRIT and SCRAPPINESS and awll of the qualities of Bawston you saw while wawtching THE TOWN! NO ONE DENIES THIS!

(dips)

Now that we have good ol’ Woody here-ah, we do nawt need that cornrowed jungle monkey Randy Mawss on ow-ah team! THAT MAN IS A CANCAH! CANCAHHHH! We would have awbviously won Supah Bowl Farty Two and gawne 19-0 if we had simply shipped that dahkie back to the Cawngo and had a running back like ol’ Woody on ow-ah side! TYREE NEVAH WOULD HAVE LUCKED INTO THAT HELMET CATCH IN THE FACE OF DANNY WOODHEAD’S TOUGHNESS!

(too stupid to like Coen Brothers movies)

I look at these Pats now and I see a real TEAM! BRADY! WELKAH! WOODHEAD! EDELMAN! It’s a dream cawmbination! My fathah has been waiting far a team like this evah since the Civil Rights Movement! He nevah thawt he’d live to see it! NOW HE CAN DIE IN PEACE!

I think America will grow to love this Pats team once they see them in action. It’s a real unit now. No egos. No sulking. No dahhhkies complaining far more-ah money! What were-ah you gawnna spend yar money awn, dahkie? RIMS AND CHILD SUPPART, THAT’S WHAT!

Randy Mawss nevah undahstood what it takes to be a true Greatriot. He nevah understood what we, THE LEGENDARY FANS OF FACK THE YANKEES NATION, demand of ow-ah players. He was nevah one of us. SO FACK HIM! I HOPE HE DIES! Belichick is, once again, a genius far shipping him out at just the right time! BILL GETS US. Danny Woodhead is ow-ah new hero!

FACK THE YANKEES!

CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP!

FACK THE YANKEES!

CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP!

FACK THE YANKEES!

CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP!

Ha! I agree with the Pats, but you really think it makes the Vikings terrible? I dont see how...other than maybe Favre force feeding the ball to Moss. But you got to think it helps them the same way it helps the Pats. He takes the top off and opens it up for the likes of AP, Harvin, Shiancoe and Camarillo...and then when Rice gets back...that seems pretty potent.

Moss is overrated.

I think so...that trade just doesnt seem plausible. Would the Chargers really trade their best WR to the Pats who they would most likely have to face during the season and in the playoffs (assuming either team goes). Just doesnt make sense on the Chargers side and doesnt seem like a trade the Pats would do because of the cost associated. They'll have to give up multiple picks and resign him long term.

My point was that I don't think any of that matters. Smith is a dick. Belichick is a dick. They already hate each other. Kind of makes coming together for a business deal pretty much impossible you know?

My point was that I don't think any of that matters. Smith is a dick. Belichick is a dick. They already hate each other. Kind of makes coming together for a business deal pretty much impossible you know?

I hear ya and agree. I was just saying besides the personal issues, from a business sense...it would make a ton for either party.

It seems that I have been hearing that same line about the Pats for about four years now. They always seem to have a gazillion draft picks. Guess what? They've squandered most of them.

Right now, and this will be even more true once the Moss deal is finalized, the Pats are as far as they have ever been from winning a Super Bowl as they have been in the Brady and Belichick era and as time goes on the likelihood of them ever doing it again decreases exponentially.

Have they really or did you just hear a couple people say that and jumped on the bandwagon?

The only real bust they've drafted in the first in recent years is Maroney...otherwise everyone else is a starter or on their way there...most of them are really good starters (Mankins, Mayo, Merriweather, Vollmer is a beast in the making).

As for their future...meh...that's up to them. They've got alot of good things going for them, and Moss wasn't one of them. I really like the young players they've got there...

Why does it decrease exponentially btw? I'm just curious...it kinda sounds like you just made that up...possibly to use the word "exponentially."

Have they really or did you just hear a couple people say that and jumped on the bandwagon?

The only real bust they've drafted in the first in recent years is Maroney...otherwise everyone else is a starter or on their way there...most of them are really good starters (Mankins, Mayo, Merriweather, Vollmer is a beast in the making).

As for their future...meh...that's up to them. They've got alot of good things going for them, and Moss wasn't one of them. I really like the young players they've got there...

Why does it decrease exponentially btw? I'm just curious...it kinda sounds like you just made that up...possibly to use the word "exponentially."

I see you've gone back to your old JI persona of the guy who disagrees with everyone for the sake of disagreeing.

Mankins was a great pick but he's not playing for them right now is he? The jury is still very much out on both Mayo and Merriweather. Both are good players but neither is close to being a superstar. Voller got abused repeatedly by Cameron Wake on Monday night - beast in the making he ain't.

Where are all those second and third round picks that were supposed to be the new core of their team?

The Pats have drafted very poorly considering the number of picks they've had the last few years. If they had drafted well, they would have a great defense right now instead of the sieve they currently field.

I see you've gone back to your old JI persona of the guy who disagrees with everyone for the sake of disagreeing.

Mankins was a great pick but he's not playing for them right now is he? The jury is still very much out on both Mayo and Merriweather. Both are good players but neither is close to being a superstar. Voller got abused repeatedly by Cameron Wake on Monday night - beast in the making he ain't.

Where are all those second and third round picks that were supposed to be the new core of their team?

The Pats have drafted very poorly considering the number of picks they've had the last few years. If they had drafted well, they would have a great defense right now instead of the sieve they currently field.

You mean like Butler, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Tate, Wheatley, Spikes, Guyton, Cunningham, and Chung? Even Brace climbed the depth chart this year and is the backup NT...and IIRC he was super-mega bust as a rookie.

Please get a clue Klecko...I'm not arguing with you for the sake of arguing with you...I'm arguing with you because you just spew unsubstantiated stuff out and hope no one calls bullsh*t...and when someone does you accuse them of/hope they're being gay.

The Pats have drafted poorly only in the sense that most people don't know who the young players are yet.

Where the **** did I say he is not an all time great? I am arguing the Pats will be fine without him not ever did I say he is not an alltime great. Just stating a fact the TD recorf didnt get him a ring. Just like Dan Marino didnt get a ring. This is a team game there is 11 men on the field not 2 Beli saw Brady only looking for Moss against theJets in the 2nd half did more damage than good.

you said he had 0 rings and made a big deal out of it

You mean like Butler, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Tate, Wheatley, Spikes, Guyton, Cunningham, and Chung? Even Brace climbed the depth chart this year and is the backup NT...and IIRC he was super-mega bust as a rookie.

Please get a clue Klecko...I'm not arguing with you for the sake of arguing with you...I'm arguing with you because you just spew unsubstantiated stuff out and hope no one calls bullsh*t...and when someone does you accuse them of/hope they're being gay.

The Pats have drafted poorly only in the sense that most people don't know who the young players are yet.

No actually they have drafted poorly. They have a few good picks but look at guys like Terrence Wheatly, Ron Brace, Kareem Brown, Shawn Crable, Clint Oldenberg, Kevin O'Connel, Jonathan Wilhite, Matt Slater, Tyrone McKenzie.

Then look at the players he passed up by continuing to trade back and you realize Belichick collects as many draft picks as possible.

Throwing darts at a dart board

Like every other draft pick for every team I see potential but the production ain't there yet Catboy.

Can these guys turn into players? Sure they can. Have they shown signs of becoming good? Some of them have flashed but the defense is ranked 28th right now and can Gronkowski and Hernandez get open when Moss isn't there to draw coverage?

Right now the Pats have potential but so do the Rams and Lions. They don't have a great team.

Like every other draft pick for every team I see potential but the production ain't there yet Catboy.

Can these guys turn into players? Sure they can. Have they shown signs of becoming good? Some of them have flashed but the defense is ranked 28th right now and can Gronkowski and Hernandez get open when Moss isn't there to draw coverage?

Right now the Pats have potential but so do the Rams and Lions. They don't have a great team.

Well yes...which is why they're playing for beyond this year. I've already said anything big and positive they do this year is gravy...Mostly it'll be about getting the young players game reps and seeing who's going to make it.

With 6 picks in the first 3 rounds this year they irk me. They're capable of walking out of the draft with an AJ Green, or a Patrick Peterson, or a Robert Quinn...a game changing type talent. They're also free of their expensive vets from the past dynasty so they can go out and grab FAs like a Kiwi, or a Lawson, or a Vincent Jackson...I expect they'll grab one of Kiwi or Lawson already because Belichick prefers veterans at the OLB position, and there's alot of upside left in those guys. I expect the 11/12 Pats to look alot like the '08 Jets tbh.

Well yes...which is why they're playing for beyond this year. I've already said anything big and positive they do this year is gravy...Mostly it'll be about getting the young players game reps.

With 6 picks in the first 3 rounds this year they irk me. They're capable of walking out of the draft with an AJ Green, or a Patrick Peterson, or a Robert Quinn...a game changing type talent.

But they haven't been able to hit with a game changing talent for several years.

The Jets have gotten plenty recently: Brick, Mangold, Revis, Keller, Sanchez, Harris, Greene.

That's finding gold in the draft. That's the core of a potential dynasty. By comparison the Pats don't have anything close to that.

The Jets have been drafting well, the jury is out on the Pats last two drafts but the previous three were terrible.

But they haven't been able to hit with a game changing talent for several years.

The Jets have gotten plenty recently: Brick, Mangold, Revis, Keller, Sanchez, Harris, Greene.

That's finding gold in the draft. That's the core of a potential dynasty. By comparison the Pats don't have anything close to that.

The Jets have been drafting well, the jury is out on the Pats last two drafts but the previous three were terrible.

Game changers aren't game changers over night...but even then:

Wilfork is a top 3 big man in the league, and he's only 28.

Hernandez is Keller without the trade up into the first.

Mankins isn't playing but he's a draft pick of theirs...He's probably the best LG in the game.

Meriweather has been a 9 PD/4 INT guy the past couple seasons as a young safety, and it's likely he gets better.

You saw that Chung is a really smart young safety and player in general on Monday Night.

As overrated as it is...it's worth mentioning...Mayo was a DROY.

Butler had a strong rookie season...

We watched our young guys develop into game changers...They're doing the same thing right now.

No actually they have drafted poorly. They have a few good picks but look at guys like Terrence Wheatly, Ron Brace, Kareem Brown, Shawn Crable, Clint Oldenberg, Kevin O'Connel, Jonathan Wilhite, Matt Slater, Tyrone McKenzie.

Then look at the players he passed up by continuing to trade back and you realize Belichick collects as many draft picks as possible.

Throwing darts at a dart board

That would be what drafting is. Find me a team without their run of potential busts...Funnily enough most of those super busts are still in the league....a couple are still on the Pats...a couple more were Jets.

Jesus christ already with this Pats dont know how to draft blowhard know it all bullsh!t.

If the fockin Pats cant draft why the fock do they win the division every fockin year and are 3-1 now and have as good a chance as the NYJ do to win again this year.

Give it a rest already it really gettin old.

Heres a list seems pretty impressive to me.

Pick 27(1) - Devin McCourty - CB Rutgers

Pick 42(2) - Rob Gronkowski - TE Arizona

Pick 53(2) - Jermaine Cunningham - DE Florida

Pick 62(2) - Brandon Spikes - MLB Florida

Pick 90(3) - Taylor Price - WR Ohio University

Pick 113(4) - Aaron Hernandez - TE Florida

Pick 150(5) - Zoltan Mesko - P Michigan

Pick 105(6) - Ted Larsen - C North Carolina State

Pick 208)(7) - Thomas Welch - OL Vanderbilt

Pick 247(7) - Brandon Deaderick - DL Alabama

Pick 248(7) - Kade Weston - DT Georgia

Pick 250(7) - Zac Robinson - QB Oklahoma State

Pick 34(2) - Patrick Chung - SS Oregon

Pick 40(2) - Ron Brace - DT Boston College

Pick 41(2) - Darius Butler - CB Connecticut

Pick 58(2) - Sebastian Vollmer - OL Houston

Pick 83(3) - Brandon Tate - WR North Carolina

Pick 97(3) - Tyrone McKenzie - LB South Florida

Pick 123(4) - Rich Ohrnberger - OL Penn State

Pick 170(5) - George Bussey - OL Louisville

Pick 198(6) - Jake Ingram - LS Hawaii

Pick 207(6) - Myron Pryor - DT Kentucky

Pick 232(7) - Julian Edelman - WR Kent State

Pick 234(7) - Darryl Richard - DT Georgia Tech

Pick 10(1) - Jerod Mayo - LB Tennessee

Pick 62(2) - Terrence Wheatley - CB Colorado

Pick 78(3) - Shawn Crable - LB Michigan

Pick 94(3) - Kevin O'Connell - QB San Diego State

Pick 129(4) - Jonathan Wilhite - CB Auburn

Pick 153(5) - Matthew Slater - WR UCLA

Pick 197(6) - Bo Ruud - LB Nebraska

Pick 24(1) - Brandon Meriweather - S Miami (Fla.)

Pick 127(4) - Kareem Brown - DL Miami (Fla.)

Pick 171(5) - Clint Oldenburg - T Colorado State

Pick 180(6) - Justin Rogers - LB Southern Methodist

Pick 202(6) - Mike Richardson - CB Notre Dame

Pick 208(6) - Justise Hairston - RB Central Connecticut

Pick 208(6) - Corey Hilliard - T Oklahoma State

Pick 211(7) - Oscar Lua - LB Southern California

Pick 247(7) - Mike Elgin - G/C Iowa

_

Game changers aren't game changers over night...but even then:

Wilfork is a top 3 big man in the league, and he's only 28.

Hernandez is Keller without the trade up into the first.

Mankins isn't playing but he's a draft pick of theirs...He's probably the best LG in the game.

Meriweather has been a 9 PD/4 INT guy the past couple seasons as a young safety, and it's likely he gets better.

You saw that Chung is a really smart young safety and player in general on Monday Night.

As overrated as it is...it's worth mentioning...Mayo was a DROY.

Butler had a strong rookie season...

We watched our young guys develop into game changers...They're doing the same thing right now.

I disagree. I saw him play a sh*t TON being out here in Oregon and I honestly think he's too much of a risk taker. He gambles WAAAAAY too much. If BB can get him to be more disciplined he has the athletic abilities to be a really good safety. As of right now though, I think he's more of a risk back there than a sure bet.

I disagree. I saw him play a sh*t TON being out here in Oregon and I honestly think he's too much of a risk taker. He gambles WAAAAAY too much. If BB can get him to be more disciplined he has the athletic abilities to be a really good safety. As of right now though, I think he's more of a risk back there than a sure bet.

The best safeties have always been the gamblers...

Jesus christ already with this Pats dont know how to draft blowhard know it all bullsh!t.

If the fockin Pats cant draft why the fock do they win the division every fockin year and are 3-1 now and have as good a chance as the NYJ do to win again this year.

Give it a rest already it really gettin old.

Kleck, the Pats were 16-0 two years ago with the major aquisitions coming via trade and free agency. The following year they went 10-6 with a backup QB. Last year they were 10-6 with the golden boy back behind center even though preseason everybody had them making a run at perfection again. The reason they won the division last year was because the Jets weren't ready with a rookie HC and rookie QB to take it from them, not because they are some awesome team.

Their defense is currently as bad as it has ever been in the Belichick era. Do you think that's because they draft well? Look at their roster and then look at the Jets and then tell me which team has been the better drafting team.

Archived