Browns fans are confident

Maxman

Spent some time this week on a Browns message board. They are confident. They are not really worried about the Jets and seem to believe that they can run the ball against the Jets defense.

• Some posters think Rex is too aggressive and that makes him nothing more than a defensive coordinator.
  • Sanchez is regressing and the Jets offense is nothing to worry about.
  • Mangini built this team and that is why the Jets have a good record

After reading all that I am hoping the Jets come out firing on all cylinders. If so this will be fun to watch. They are a confident bunch after beating the Patriots.

Spent some time this week on a Browns message board. They are confident. They are not really worried about the Jets and seem to believe that they can run the ball against the Jets defense.

• Some posters think Rex is too aggressive and that makes him nothing more than a defensive coordinator.
  • Sanchez is regressing and the Jets offense is nothing to worry about.
  • Mangini built this team and that is why the Jets have a good record

After reading all that I am hoping the Jets come out firing on all cylinders. If so this will be fun to watch. They are a confident bunch after beating the Patriots.

Hey, they just pounded the defending SB champs and the Pats convincingly. I can't blame them for being confident.

This might be the first game in YEARS that if I put money on it, I'm taking the under.

The Jets defense has been completely dominant vs. the run this season. If the Browns can run the ball like they did vs. NE then the Jets are in a world of trouble tomorrow.

The Browns have played the toughest schedule in the NFL this year and have been in every game. The key for the Jets is to get head early and force McCoy to throw the ball to score. If the Jets can stop the run and not give up any points on Offense I see the potential for a blowout.

In Cleveland now...

Browns fans are real douchy/cocky and confident about beating us this week. We did a few harmless Jet chants (started usually when seeing passing by Jet fans) but pretty much all Browns fans are like "Go home, you guys suck". For the Browns fans who joked with us back we both agreed that the Browns have been playing well and could be a real close game. Most others though were just total douche homers. One person went as far as saying "Colt McCoy is a better QB that Big Ben" I took the high road to fight back.

Along with the game we hit the Cavs game tonight too. Dovetailing with what I previously said, these people are real loyal to their sports teams -- even without Lebron. They come out in bunches, support the local team and have an undying hatred for Lebron. That being said, on a whole most Cleveland fans here are real fans for their city, and are passionate about their players. That also plays into their bias of being a dynamite team. Throughout the night my rebuttle to fans was "You'll be great once you fire Mangini and promote Rob Ryan." Their confidence for 2 games speaks volumes to how bad they really are and see it as a moral victory to beat us so they can take something away from this season

It's kind of funny how a 3-5 team can be so confident and get so much media love, but a 6-2 Jets team is allegedly not that good. I mean beating the Pats? Been there, done that. The Saints aren't really that good this year either, the Falcons probably win that division.

It's kind of funny how a 3-5 team can be so confident and get so much media love, but a 6-2 Jets team is allegedly not that good. I mean beating the Pats? Been there, done that. The Saints aren't really that good this year either, the Falcons probably win that division.

They lost both parts of their 2 headed running attack. New Orleans played fairly well despite that.

The Jets will blow this game wide open and the media gurus who have been performing oral on the Browns all week will then be saying that the Jets once again beat a bad team.

it will only be two weeks before people realize beating the pats* is no big deal

they should be confident, but they have to face reality that this jets team has talent on both sides of the ball and has been in close games and pulled it out

this is a scrappy group of players who believe they are going to win every week

the guy nobody is talking about is watson, he only leads the browns in rec's. jimmy better show up or he could ruin our day

hillis is second in rec's, our LB's coverage disabilities will be on full display today

Browns fans are insane. The place will be wild.

The keys to winning this game is 1) shut down their run. 2) Get up early in the game, take the fans out of it and make Colt win the game for them in the air

Don't let them hang around. Sanchez is going to have to be good early. he has a problem doing that

Browns fans have every reason to be confident. Their team is coming off a very complete win over a team that some people think is good. They're playing very good defense, have a solid running game, and their young QB isn't screwing anything up. I'd be confident, too.

On paper, this should be a very low scoring affair. A field position battle with a lot of ground & pound from both teams. Both teams are very solid against the run, too. For the Jets to win, I think the difference will have to be in Sanchez making big plays in the passing game. I'm sure Edwards is dying to get one of his long bombs for a TD. Cleveland should be expecting that, too, and I could see Holmes making the big plays in this one.

I'd come out in the 2 minute on the 1st drive... Set the tone, and get Sanchez into a rhythm. We have the defense to survive a 3 and out on the 1st drive if needed.

that would be good to see....keep them off gaurd early....

I'd come out in the 2 minute on the 1st drive... Set the tone, and get Sanchez into a rhythm. We have the defense to survive a 3 and out on the 1st drive if needed.

Spread the offense? No FB or Wayne Hunter in motion? Throw on first down??? On the Jets opening drive????

The air space in Cleveland will be compromised with all of the pigs flying ...

Spread the offense? No FB or Wayne Hunter in motion? Throw on first down??? On the Jets opening drive????

The air space in Cleveland will be compromised with all of the pigs flying ...

Hell would get pretty chilly too.

However it is a good idea to mix things up a little and get Sanchez into an early rhythm.

I'd love to see it. Very little chance sh*thammer would do something that makes that much sense. Look for Mangold to report eligible and have someone else snap it before this happens.

This is no different than last week in that we are facing a team that has captured its fanbase's attention again along with the national media. The Lions were scoring tons of points and the Browns have beaten two teams who in the medias eyes are upper echelon teams.

The big difference from last weeks opponent is the Browns rely on the run which we have been very stout against. The Lions completely outplayed us last week for 55 minutes. A Mangini coached team wont fall apart the way the Lions did in crunch time.

I see us winning a close game but if the offense is anything like the last two weeks execution wise, it is anyones game.

Browns fans have every reason to be confident. Their team is coming off a very complete win over a team that some people think is good. They're playing very good defense, have a solid running game, and their young QB isn't screwing anything up. I'd be confident, too.

On paper, this should be a very low scoring affair. A field position battle with a lot of ground & pound from both teams. Both teams are very solid against the run, too. For the Jets to win, I think the difference will have to be in Sanchez making big plays in the passing game. I'm sure Edwards is dying to get one of his long bombs for a TD. Cleveland should be expecting that, too, and I could see Holmes making the big plays in this one.

Well said.

Archived