Welker dropping the foot references

aec4

Based on the posts on this thread, seems to me like jets fans can dish it out but they can't take it. Your team does nothing but talk, but when an opposing player says something, you are all up in arms.

Up in ******* arms? That is weak. You couldn't work a foot reference into it? Dig in their heels, act like their toes got stepped on. Some weak a$$ sh*t like Welker. Up in arms is a ******* insult.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braylon Edwards responded:

On How Practice Has Been this week: "Real smooth. Like buyin' a house for your whore secretary."

On Antonio Cromartie's comments regarding Tom Brady: "Antonio's got a right to say what he wants to say just like you can buy a house for your whore secretary if you wanna. This is America. Free to do whatever you want. Houses ain't free, though."

On Tom Brady: "House. Whore. Secretary. Et al."

On Bill Belichick: "Whoresecretaryhouse."

On playing in Foxborough: "Secrewhoretaryhouse."

Belichick told his team not to talk. Welker didn't follow instructions, I would expect him to be benched this week.

Seriously I think this is awesome. Rex talks all day long, it isn't funny unless the other side talks back a bit.

Welker's move was as classless as Cromartie, maybe even more so because he couldn't be a man and just make fun of someone, he had to do it subtly.

With that said, he can do what he wants. It doesn't bother me whatsoever. I actually think it's a good thing. The Pats are supposed to be "above" that. It just proves the Jets may be in the Pats heads a little bit. Sometimes you can piss the opponent off so much with your talk that they are trying TOO HARD to beat you. They probably all want to KILL the jets... but if the game is 10-7, either way, at halftime, do they feel like they are losing big because they aren't getting the outcome they expect??

Welker's move was as classless as Cromartie, maybe even more so because he couldn't be a man and just make fun of someone, he had to do it subtly.

With that said, he can do what he wants. It doesn't bother me whatsoever. I actually think it's a good thing. The Pats are supposed to be "above" that. It just proves the Jets may be in the Pats heads a little bit. Sometimes you can piss the opponent off so much with your talk that they are trying TOO HARD to beat you. They probably all want to KILL the jets... but if the game is 10-7, either way, at halftime, do they feel like they are losing big because they aren't getting the outcome they expect??

I thought no matter what was said it would not make them try harder. :huh:

I thought no matter what was said it would not make them try harder. :huh:

I said no matter what was said, it won't make them play better... because if they need motivation, they are in trouble already.

Not contradicting that above.....

But if their minds say they NEED to try harder, guess what they won't, because they are already trying hard, but they'll play worse.

I wouldn't have believed this would happen to them until Welker came out.. .it may not happen to the other 52, but Welker is thinking about the talking instead of the game, even if it were for 5 minutes. Trust me, his little game wasn't spontaneous.

I said no matter what was said, it won't make them play better... because if they need motivation, they are in trouble already.

Not contradicting that above.....

But if their minds say they NEED to try harder, guess what they won't, because they are already trying hard, but they'll play worse.

I wouldn't have believed this would happen to them until Welker came out.. .it may not happen to the other 52, but Welker is thinking about the talking instead of the game, even if it were for 5 minutes. Trust me, his little game wasn't spontaneous.

So it wont make them play better, but it may make them want to play better, which was what I was saying all along.

IMO there is more of a chance of catching a team/player off guard somewhere, when you are not fresh in their minds, but maybe that's just my logic.

I agree there is little chance of that happening, but it does happen. All the talk definitely won't help the chances.

Hopefully the talk does get in their heads and throw them off some, but I doubt that too.

I think it's more of a motivator than it is a detractor.

There's only 2 options here.

Either

A) Wes Welker is a COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS moron (unlikely),

or

B) He took Rex's bait!!!

I'm thinkin B. These guys are gonna lose their focus at least a tiny iota, and we will capitalize.

Exactly what I am saying

There's only 2 options here.

Either

A) Wes Welker is a COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS moron (unlikely),

or

B) He took Rex's bait!!!

I'm thinkin B. These guys are gonna lose their focus at least a tiny iota, and we will capitalize.

If he loses focus over a 5 minute Q&A that was totally repetitive, then the answer is A) Wes Welker is a COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS moron.

Based on the posts on this thread, seems to me like jets fans can dish it out but they can't take it. Your team does nothing but talk, but when an opposing player says something, you are all up in arms.

Haha! We can take it... if its remotely funny. Welker is just a boring, dry, tool.

So it wont make them play better, but it may make them want to play better, which was what I was saying all along.

IMO there is more of a chance of catching a team/player off guard somewhere, when you are not fresh in their minds, but maybe that's just my logic.

I agree there is little chance of that happening, but it does happen. All the talk definitely won't help the chances.

Hopefully the talk does get in their heads and throw them off some, but I doubt that too.

I think it's more of a motivator than it is a detractor.

It's the ******* playoffs against a division rival. Do you really think you are going to sneak up on somebody? Do you think the Jets weren't going to be "fresh in the Pats minds"? They are a division rival, have played twice already and the Pats have been preparing for this game for two weeks.

Personally, I think talk, motivation and bulletin board bullsh*t is way overrated on this board. I'm not even sure it exists, but to the extent it does, who is going to play better by playing harder? Defense, Linemen and RB? Maybe they will hit a little harder or go until the whistle. If they aren't already doing that they suck. This is directed at Brady. QBs can't "try harder". Maybe on a run like Vick, but if the QB tries to throw the ball harder, further, or tries to extend plays that aren't there it is recipe for disaster. Especially with a guy like Brady who has been on for most of the season.

Football isn't about effort. Effort is overrated. Not because it isn't required, but because everybody tries. The difference in football is in talent and fulfilling your role. If you are "trying harder" you are trying to do more than your role and you are ****ed.

Can't take what? Welker's pathetic attempt at humor? I have no problem with Welker taking a shot. I have a problem with Welker not being funny.

If you're gonna grow a pair and defy your coach's order to not say anything, make the most of it. This was just lame, although he seemed to make Brian Kenny at ESPN laugh during Sportscenter(even though it seemed more like Kenny was getting aroused rather than amused.)

Braylon Edwards responded:

On How Practice Has Been this week: "Real smooth. Like buyin' a house for your whore secretary."

On Antonio Cromartie's comments regarding Tom Brady: "Antonio's got a right to say what he wants to say just like you can buy a house for your whore secretary if you wanna. This is America. Free to do whatever you want. Houses ain't free, though."

On Tom Brady: "House. Whore. Secretary. Et al."

On Bill Belichick: "Whoresecretaryhouse."

On playing in Foxborough: "Secrewhoretaryhouse."

"Secrewhoretaryhouse."

:rl:

Now THAT was funny.

Am I the only one who laughed at this? I hate Welker, but this is pretty funny.

As a Jets fan, you must not laugh. No! You can't be objective. No! Calling someone as azzhole is cool, badass and honest. Making foot references (because of your creepy HC who pimps his horny wife out on the internet) in a presser is bad...in poor taste, cowardly and certainly unfunny! Yeesh!

As a Jets fan, you must not laugh. No! You can't be objective. No! Calling someone as azzhole is cool, badass and honest. Making foot references (because of your creepy HC who pimps his horny wife out on the internet) in a presser is bad...in poor taste, cowardly and certainly unfunny! Yeesh!

As I stated earlier in the thread. I have no problem with Wes Welker defying his coach's direct order and risking a benching by attempting to fire back at the Jets. I just wish he had actually said something funny because since he failed so miserably this is really just a waste of time.

Best thing that could have happened is to see a Patriot respond in ANY way. This is EXACTLY what he was looking to do, he was probably laughing his a$$ off at this because I'm sure he doesnt give a **** if someone takes shots at him, this was his plan the entire time and this was the first sign of it working.

Think about what Rex has done, he's made the Pats have to answer ridiculous questions that have nothing to do with the game, he's gotten them to lose focus for even 10 minutes in a simple interview, he has them so riled up that all they care about is killing us, its gonna cause them to be reckless. Rex is a genius.

i hate welker but i think this is moderately funny... i mean i still hope he gets his sh*t blown in by preferably revis or scott but slightly funny regardless

anyway for everyone who thinks the pats will lose focus by talking dont get your hopes up cus they wont we just have to beat them.. for once in this season nothing else matters except beating the living sh*t out of these cocky arrogant douchebags, especially tom beibs

cro returns opening second half kickoff for a td to put us up by 3

Welker stinks. The NFL shouldn't stand for such callous remarks from our arch rivals.

See? This is funny. Had Welker been remotely creative or intelligent it would have been hilarious. Welker can't think beyond "put your best foot forward" or "he has great feet."

This was a huge missed opportunity for the Pats.

See? This is funny. Had Welker been remotely creative or intelligent it would have been hilarious. Welker can't think beyond "put your best foot forward" or "he has great feet."

This was a huge missed opportunity for the Pats.

maybe crobabymomartie can give welker lessons on witty insults.

Archived