Haynesworth's value?

Falcon63

Not saying AT ALL that we should get him, just wondering what would be a fair trade value for him? obviously he one of the best DTs in the game, however, since he refuses to paly, obviously his trade value drops. 3rd and 5th? I dunno, just curious.

He has virtually no value to 3-4 defenses since he doesn't want to have to occupy blockers which would be his job and he isn't a NT. A 4-3 defense has need for him but his contract makes him worth sh*t, I wouldn't give up more then a 3rd.

I think he would LOVE to play in Rex's scheme, monster DE!!!! Seach and Destroy. Jenkins gets healthy and you have

DE Pouha/DeVito

NT Jenkins

DE Haynesworth

No no...let's trade a 4th for him and our 1 and 3 and get Ngata too.

DE Ngata

NT Jenkins

DE Haynesworth

:):D:blink::lol::unsure:

Would be awesome though. WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

I think he would LOVE to play in Rex's scheme, monster DE!!!! Seach and Destroy. Jenkins gets healthy and you have

DE Pouha/DeVito

NT Jenkins

DE Haynesworth

DE Ngata

NT Jenkins

DE Haynesworth

DO IT TANNY!!!

WOODY, STOP BEING SO CHEAP!!!

DE Pouha/DeVito

NT Jenkins

DE Haynesworth

DE Ngata

NT Jenkins

DE Haynesworth

Yeah but who plays nose tackle after week 1?

He would def be a DE as a NYJ

I would give a 3rd for him in a heart beat. Think about the fact that we used a 1st on Gholston, and a 2nd on Ducasse. We know he can be a dominant presence on the D line. The draft is a crap shoot. He would be another one of those guys that everyone would say is a "bad boy" that the Jets would be stupid to take just like Holmes, Cro, Edwards and Scott. I think Rex has done a great job with them and no one is even questioning those moves anymore. He would love to play here and our blitzes would really be effective if our D line had a real force on it.

I say go get him!

I was thinking the same thing. As much as I like Jenkins, I have very little hope he's making a serious come back unfortunately

Sadly the dude was as fun as anyone to watch. dude threw centers around like Crusher throws seniors around at the Old Country buffet 20 minutes before closing. But no durability and personally would be surprised to see him on the field again let alone in green and white. He would have to lose a ton of weight and really change things around.

Sadly the dude was as fun as anyone to watch. dude threw centers around like Crusher throws seniors around at the Old Country buffet 20 minutes before closing. But no durability and personally would be surprised to see him on the field again let alone in green and white. He would have to lose a ton of weight and really change things around.

Yeah. It's sad to me. he has a superb personality too. I really really like Jenkins and he's the best DT we've had since Klecko, but he's pretty much done.

He should have let them put the cadaver tendon in his friggin leg. DAMN!!!!!

I would give a 3rd for him in a heart beat. Think about the fact that we used a 1st on Gholston, and a 2nd on Ducasse. We know he can be a dominant presence on the D line. The draft is a crap shoot. He would be another one of those guys that everyone would say is a "bad boy" that the Jets would be stupid to take just like Holmes, Cro, Edwards and Scott. I think Rex has done a great job with them and no one is even questioning those moves anymore. He would love to play here and our blitzes would really be effective if our D line had a real force on it.

I say go get him!

I call, MAJOR FOUL! Bro, you can't freakin put Ducasse in the same sentence as Gholston, at least not yet. C'mon man, the kid was a rookie and considered a project from the start. jeeeeez..

I was thinking the same thing. As much as I like Jenkins, I have very little hope he's making a serious come back unfortunately

FYI to all, er, I have as much hope Jenkins returning as I have for them getting Haynesworth or Ngata, which is slim to none. I was just kidding in that there post up there.

Is this where we post our Jets mock drafts? Sweet!

1 (32): Cam Newton, QB, Auburn-- Jets are losing Brad Smith to FA and need someone to run the Wildcatminole. Guy can thread the needle with his feet.

2 (64): Jeremy Beal, OLB, Oklahoma-- Vernon Gholston is a turd. Guy's a light-legged knee-bender.

3 (96): Titus Young, WR, Boise State-- No WAY we keep both Braylon and Santonio. Guy is good in a phone booth.

I disagree. After the CBA mess gets sorted out, I think we'll re-sign both and get Cotchery (and maybe a couple other players) to restructure their deals a bit. Especially if we DON'T win the Super Bowl.

It's my preliminary mock draft. If the CBA changes and we keep both, I'm going for a safety in Round Two. IT'S MOCKIN' SEASON!

Not saying AT ALL that we should get him, just wondering what would be a fair trade value for him? obviously he one of the best DTs in the game, however, since he refuses to paly, obviously his trade value drops. 3rd and 5th? I dunno, just curious.

Why would we trade for a guy that one is an absolute fail, and two why would we trade for him when he's coming from a team that played a 3-4 that he didnt want to play in? He'll be coming to a 3-4 hybrid. Haynesworth is a joke and should have NEVER been compared to Kris Jenkins. A hurt Jenkins is more talent than a Haynesworth who quits.

We're fine and I'll pass.

Archived