Newton Prediction..

drago

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will be the worst number 1 overall pick in the past 20 years. I fully expect this kid to be worse than terrible.

I have seen nothing from him that would even mildly suggest he will be a worthwhile QB in the NFL.

So glad I'm not a Panther fan.

I think the NFL will have to look at how they handle rookie QB's. they all have been playing well for the most part...with no rookie camps or mini camps

I think the NFL will have to look at how they handle rookie QB's. they all have been playing well for the most part...with no rookie camps or mini camps

maybe you're on to something there. I haven't even put much thought into their lack of practice and what not but with the yards all these guys are putting up...i'm scratching my head as if it's a league wide thing? or the defensive rules finally caught up to the league...i don't know but brady is averaging around 450 yards a game. How the hell is that even possible?

I was certainly one of the nay sayers when it came to Cam but he has been playing well. Im actully surprised at how much hes been trowing the football. He came out guns blazing in game one and they still have him throwing alot for a rookie. He is tall, has good vision, and does a fantastic job extending plays when the blocking breaks down. What surprises me the most is his pocket presence , hes got it for sure , and its where I thought he would fail. I think we all knew he could make things happen with his atheletic ability but who expected him to be so cool in the pocket ? Hes deadly in goalline situations, just another thing a defense has to prepare for. It does not hurt having two great backs who can both catch the football, a fantasitic WR, and 2 solid TE's.

He reminds me of Rapistberger with a stronger arm and more speed.

I was certainly one of the nay sayers when it came to Cam but he has been playing well. Im actully surprised at how much hes been trowing the football. He came out guns blazing in game one and they still have him throwing alot for a rookie. He is tall, has good vision, and does a fantastic job extending plays when the blocking breaks down. What surprises me the most is his pocket presence , hes got it for sure , and its where I thought he would fail. I think we all knew he could make things happen with his atheletic ability but who expected him to be so cool in the pocket ? Hes deadly in goalline situations, just another thing a defense has to prepare for. It does not hurt having two great backs who can both catch the football, a fantasitic WR, and 2 solid TE's.

The thing that I'm the most impressed with is that when the pocket breaks down, he scrambles but looks to throw first. He'll wait to the very last second before he tucks it away and runs it. Its really impressive for a guy who had so much success running in college. Its very rare that those types of QB's get it, let alone from day 1 on their very first start. Kid looks to have a bright future.

The thing that I'm the most impressed with is that when the pocket breaks down, he scrambles but looks to throw first. He'll wait to the very last second before he tucks it away and runs it. Its really impressive for a guy who had so much success running in college. Its very rare that those types of QB's get it, let alone from day 1 on their very first start. Kid looks to have a bright future.

Yep agree 100% . I wonder if that comes more from him or if they just did a fantastic job coaching him up .

You make some good points here, as did Bit. I'd just add that Cam Newton also has a pro-bowl caliber center in Ryan Kalil.

Archived