Movies We've Seen Thread

Re-watched "The Lost Weekend" on cable. Ray Miland won an Oscar in 1945 for portraying a New York drunkard that goes on a bender and winds up in a sanitrium. A lot of it is dated, yet much of it still stands up. It did in the 1980s during college, when we of course turned it into a drinking game. "You know what brand; THE CHEAPEST!".

I watched Revolutionary Road last night. It's a movie I wanted to see for a while, but avoided it when it came out because I thought it might hit to close to home with my own failed marriage, then just never got around to it. Had I known it had a happy ending, I definitely would've watched it sooner.

I watched Revolutionary Road last night. It's a movie I wanted to see for a while, but avoided it when it came out because I thought it might hit to close to home with my own failed marriage, then just never got around to it. Had I known it had a happy ending, I definitely would've watched it sooner.

One of my favorites from a time when I was more grounded in reality.

I'm not the biggest Ang Lee fan. As a die hard Kung Fu fan I've always thought Crouching Tiger, though good, was grossly overrated. Taking Woodstock was awful and obviously complete disrespect towards source material with Hulk. But I will say this, I always thought Life of Pi was not a doable movie. Certain books just don't translate well, (cough! Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy cough!), but you really have to give Lee his due. It has its bumps and it's by no means flawless, but it's a pretty great adaption and it's hard to imagine anyone else nailing the book any better than it.

So there's a movie called I, Frankenstein coming out next year starring Aaron Eckhart. It's supposed to play a "contemporary noir" film setting...

Speaking of noir homages...saw Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, the old Steve Martin comedy...damn good stuff. "It wasn't toilet paper, it was a seat cover. Enough for a smart guy to make the connection." That's f'n gold.

Edited by SenorGato

I'd actually watch this, but not in a theater.

some woman in my row brought a 4 month old baby ! the baby was cute and all, but it only took 5 minutes for her to start getting "the stare" from everyone around her, and she left about 10 mins into the movie.

with that said, it was a pretty cool movie, amazing cast, and a few laugh out load moments which is good for a PG movie

Hey guys I have read part of this thread and watched some of the movies suggested so i would like to suggest a movie for you guys to watch that really surprized me

Check out the Movie "Exit Humanity" One of the best zombie films I have ever seen. Im not a huge fan of the Zombie crap but this film was fantastic in every sense. Check it out you wont be dissapointed. Acting is fantasitc as is the direction and the music. Instant Classic IMO

Edited by Smashmouth

I'm not the biggest Ang Lee fan. As a die hard Kung Fu fan I've always thought Crouching Tiger, though good, was grossly overrated. Taking Woodstock was awful and obviously complete disrespect towards source material with Hulk. But I will say this, I always thought Life of Pi was not a doable movie. Certain books just don't translate well, (cough! Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy cough!), but you really have to give Lee his due. It has its bumps and it's by no means flawless, but it's a pretty great adaption and it's hard to imagine anyone else nailing the book any better than it.

My favorite Kung Fu Movie was.... Five Fingers of Death if your a big fan Im sure youve seen it. Loved the way Tarintino used the music for Kill Bill 1 and 2 I guess it was one of his favorites as well.

Edited by Smashmouth

Thale was a little dull and predictable. Not enough FCKIN TIIIIIIIIIIIITS(!!!!!!) doesn't help the movie either.

It's the best month of the year and I want some good horror movies. I watched "White Zombie" and "Dead of Night" recently and liked them both. Throw any suggestion out there, old or young. This "Exit Humanity" movie is hard to find.

Also, "Dead Men in Plaid" > "The Jerk"

Edited by SenorGato

Martha Marcy May Marlene is every bit as good as everyone said it was last year. John Hawkes has legitimately traumatized me for at least the next week.

Completely agree. Another indie I saw around the same time that was also really good is The Sound of My Voice.

I only started getting into the whole James Bond thing when I realized that Ian Fleming was an iron balled SOB who lived the life of a true badass...Skyfall looks like it has a shot to get me into a movie theatre where I may be waited on as I feast and enjoy a movie.

The Hobbit will definitely do it, as will Day-Lewis as Lincoln.

Edited by SenorGato

I only started getting into the whole James Bond thing when I realized that Ian Fleming was an iron balled SOB who lived the life of a true badass...Skyfall looks like it has a shot to get me into a movie theatre where I may be waited on as I feast and enjoy a movie.

The Hobbit will definitely do it, as will Day-Lewis as Lincoln.

I grew up on Bond movies. If you can find it, check out On Her Majesty's Secret Service. George Lazenby's lone turn as James Bond, and I thought he was brilliant. Connery is the one they all get compared to (and rightly so), and Daniel Craig has been great in the recent reboot, but I think Lazenby was right there.

If you want to see a spy movie also written by a former British agent, but significantly more realistic, check out the recent Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. John le Carré is the master.