Bray wants to stay

bLguerriero1

It's definitely cool to see things like this from him, but we'll see how it all turns out. Given the structure of this FA period there's not a lot of guys who are going to be ultra-eager to sign in that 3 day window, but the fact that it's exactly what he's looking for is a good thing to hear. I can assure you Holmes won't be nearly interested in taking that route, so it'll be interesting to see if those stances end up having any impact on who gets resigned. If nothing else, I would say it could even increase the chances of the Jets signing Braylon up even if they still intend on going after Holmes into the FA period.

Signing Nnamdi would limit the flexibility in resigning other important free agents. Its not gonna happen.

If you think Cro is gonna get FAR less than Namdi u live in a dream world if Namdi gets 16 Cro gets 10-12. I agree with what u write but u don't understand that same statement applys to Cromartie to.

If you think Cro is gonna get FAR less than Namdi u live in a dream world if Namdi gets 16 Cro gets 10-12. I agree with what u write but u don't understand that same statement applys to Cromartie to.

I dont think Cro gets anywhere near Aso money.

I dont think Cro gets anywhere near Aso money.

Then your not paying attention plain and simple.

The fact you want him to stay with the Jets is blinding you to his true market value for 2011 with all these teams so far below the cap and the importance of the position.

The fact you want him to stay with the Jets is blinding you to his true market value for 2011 with all these teams so far below the cap and the importance of the position.

Below the cap yes, where they intend to spend it is another question. Cro isnt exactly on the top of everyones list.

it should also be noted nnamdi is 29, cro is 27.

with a new cap and spending floor no one really knows how this FA is gonna play out

if cro goes to a really bad team that makes poor decisions and has alot of money to spend, such as Dallas or the Bucs

while Nnamdi takes a smaller than usual deal (less than he could get if he whored himself to any team, like Cro is about to do) these guys could both be making similar money in the 8-10 range. Obviously Nnamdi is the better player but neither guy is as good or as young as Revis.

1. I would gladly, gladly, GLADLY sign up for any scenario under which we retain Braylon + Harris and sign Aso. That would be the gold at the end of the rainbow right there.

2. I love Braylon. Trying to figure out his intentions in saying something like this. I haven't been able to think of any other ulterior motives he might have. As far as I can tell, he genuinely means it. Since he will cost less

than Santonio, I would be thrilled to have him back and especially in the 3 day window. That would be such a relief.

I have a feeling its going to come down to signing Braylon and Cro vs signing santonio and letting cro and braylon walk. And in this scenario I would rather keep both braylon and cro.

And with aso, does anyone think theres a chance that he simply does not like any of the situations that he has to choose from? And especially considering he has only a few weeks to sign somewhere. So what if we can convince aso to sign a 1 yr deal with us to make a SB run and afterwards with a full offseason he can market himself to another team that he actually wants to go to. Everyone keeps mentioning the texans but if I were aso there is no way I am going to houston of all places for an extended amt of time.

Braylon is my favorite Jet out of every other free agent I want Braylon Edwards to stay the most-I doubt Santonio stays and Cro I'm sort of 50-50 on

Yes

id take braylon and nnamdi over santonio and cro

Yes

OMG! I agree with bitonti, maybe that end of the world nut was a few months off. :(

Yes - I know. I had to read it 3 times to make sure I was seeing correctly. Frightening. But I think Edwards can and would help this team more than either of the other two aforementioned. Plus, it's nice to see a kid mature and turn his attitude around - I remember the day he came over from the Browns and he was on one of Fairy Rhodes pod casts - I was thinking we just signed the asshat of the new millennium. Really happy he's gone the other direction.

More and more I think it's looking like Braylon and Namdi will sign, the Jets lose Brad Smith, Santonio and Cro.

I believe Randy Moss will get signed to replace Holmes. And I will bet vcash that if signed, Moss will score at least 5 TDs against the Patriots this year.

More and more I think it's looking like Braylon and Namdi will sign, the Jets lose Brad Smith, Santonio and Cro.

I believe Randy Moss will get signed to replace Holmes. And I will bet vcash that if signed, Moss will score at least 5 TDs against the Patriots this year.

... would love it if you are correct here ...

... thinking harris extended ... holmes #'s go too high ... edwards & cro signed most likely ...

l_j_r

Off the wall predictions

Jets are going to sign Edwards in the 72 hour period. Couple of things he's said leads me to believe they already had a deal in place before the lock out.

Jets are throwing a smoke screen up about Holmes. Lets face it it isn't in Mike T's spirit to let the whole world know their #1 priority is to sign Holmes. It's been leaked for sure. There's a reason. Jets don't make a serious offer to Holmes.

Cro's gone. Sure hope Wilson can play.

Namdi is a sweet dream. It's not going to happen. Would he like to play for the Jets? You bet. He is going to get between 16-20 million this offseason. Jets just aren't in that ballpark no matter what. Shame to. A lot of Jets fans have actually gone to the trouble to figure out how to spell his name. Not me though

Tannenbaum is going to make some kind of weird deal, signing, trade? Very high risk, High reward.

Oh, Braylon wants to stay?? WOW GROUNDBREAKING NEWS!!! I didn't know that back in May or anything.

1. I would gladly, gladly, GLADLY sign up for any scenario under which we retain Braylon + Harris and sign Aso. That would be the gold at the end of the rainbow right there.

I would gladly, gladly, GLADLY sign up for any scenario that involves us getting Asa, Taylor and Peyton Manning, while retaining Harris, Holmes and Cro.

Yeah.

Below the cap yes, where they intend to spend it is another question. Cro isnt exactly on the top of everyones list.

Don't forget, there are a bunch of teams that not only are way under the cap, but with the new cba will have to be within like 90% of the cap this season, they HAVE TO drop the coin. Tampa was like 50 million under last year, heck, they could sign Namdi, Braylon, and Holmes with that kind of money, and still plug other holes.

Off the wall predictions

Jets are throwing a smoke screen up about Holmes. Lets face it it isn't in Mike T's spirit to let the whole world know their #1 priority is to sign Holmes. It's been leaked for sure. There's a reason. Jets don't make a serious offer to Holmes.

I think that the "leak" you are so sure of is simple logic. Most people think Holmes is better than Edwards. Most people think the Jets like Holmes better than Edwards. Everybody knows that WR is the Jets #1 priority. It doesn't take a rocket scientist. Good thing with some of the articles we've been reading.

Don't forget, there are a bunch of teams that not only are way under the cap, but with the new cba will have to be within like 90% of the cap this season, they HAVE TO drop the coin. Tampa was like 50 million under last year, heck, they could sign Namdi, Braylon, and Holmes with that kind of money, and still plug other holes.

I don't think that part of the deal will be in place right away. I think the whole 90% thing will be phased in over time.

I'm very confused. Someone please tell me what is the *realistic* best case scenario?

We had the core 4, Holmes, Edwards, Cro and Harris. My understanding was that it was difficult but 'realistic' to keep Edwards, Cro and Harris. Is that wrong?

I also just don't get the whole Harris thing in general. Is he pretty much guaranteed to be back or not? Is it cutting into our cap space or not? Sometimes people act like he's a given, other times he's mentioned with the other three. I know there's the tag, but I just don't know what this will mean in practice.

Given the Jets cap situation relative to other teams', you'd think it'd be pretty easy to structure a contract for any of their FA's that the Jets simply couldn't match. You front-load an deal and Tanny just has to wave goodbye. And do you know of any player that wouldn't take a front-loaded deal.

Something has to give with the proposed terms... no way the Buffalo Bills agreed to reach 90% of the cap when they are 30 million under. So no, I'm not worried in the sense that we cannot re-sign any of our free agents. That is purely Trader Mike hatred going on there.

Something has to give with the proposed terms... no way the Buffalo Bills agreed to reach 90% of the cap when they are 30 million under. So no, I'm not worried in the sense that we cannot re-sign any of our free agents. That is purely Trader Mike hatred going on there.

The cap floor is in the owners' proposed CBA. But, ok.

In a heart beat if possible. The cool thing is both want to be Jets and the WR market is stacked so i think we can easily replace Holmes.

Unless Sidney Rice constitutes a "stack," I don't see it. Much more talent at the CB position.

I'm very confused. Someone please tell me what is the *realistic* best case scenario?

We had the core 4, Holmes, Edwards, Cro and Harris. My understanding was that it was difficult but 'realistic' to keep Edwards, Cro and Harris. Is that wrong?

I also just don't get the whole Harris thing in general. Is he pretty much guaranteed to be back or not? Is it cutting into our cap space or not? Sometimes people act like he's a given, other times he's mentioned with the other three. I know there's the tag, but I just don't know what this will mean in practice.

Harris is a Jet. He needs to be restructured in the first 10 seconds or so of the new league year so the Jets can fit other players under the cap. Right now he's cutting into the Jets cap space to the tune of $9.6M.

Unless Sidney Rice constitutes a "stack," I don't see it. Much more talent at the CB position.

Harris is a Jet. He needs to be restructured in the first 10 seconds or so of the new league year so the Jets can fit other players under the cap. Right now he's cutting into the Jets cap space to the tune of $9.6M.

Yep

If I had to guess I would bet that Harris' contract was already negotiated before the lock out, as was the Sanchez restructure. At least I hope so.

Archived